Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre....and scary....and a little bit humorous

Magikman

From the Ananova news service:

Toddler flies 150 miles alone before pilot realises problem

A three-year-old in Alaska got on a plane near his home without his parents realising and travelled 150 miles on his own.

Trevor Amukon boarded the Grant Aviation commuter flight near his home in Scammon Bay.

His father had told him to get a sweater from his mother's house near where he was working but Trevor took a detour to the plane.

The two passengers thought he belonged to the other and the pilot assumed he was with one of them.

The pilot alerted airline officials when the plane landed in Bethel. They contacted

Trevor's parents and flew him straight home.

"He's tried to get on a plane before," Trevor's father, Reggie Kaganak, said. "This time he made it."

Mr Kaganak was making a boat cabin for a friend in the village on the Bering Sea coast when he told his son to walk to his mother's house just 150 yards away.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Joette Storm said as Trevor tried to board the Piper Navajo plane, one passenger helped him, thinking he belonged to the other traveller.

Ms Storm added that as the second adult left the plane on arrival: "The pilot said, 'Hey, you forgot your child.' At which point the passenger said, 'That's not my child.' "

Grant Aviation president Bruce McGlasson said the pilot's assumption that the boy belonged to one of the two passengers "would be correct in 99.9% of the cases. It turned out not to be the case this time."

Pearlie Amukon, Trevor's mother, said she watched the afternoon flight leave, "but I didn't think my boy was on it."

Her son was home less than three hours after he left.

His mother says he was "just quiet," adding: "He kinda knew he did something bad."

:s03

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Kira

• Halo_Jones

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHHHH! Bless him :s7

Children at that age have no fear :s03

I bet his parents won't let him go out of there sight for a while. :)

I agree Halo about kids that age showing no fear, it's such a double edged sword though esp in todays world.