Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ever had a paranormal experience?

Ghostdancer

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

My question is has anyone here ever had what you believed was a paranormal experience?

I can't say that I ever have, but many people certainly claim to.

Is anyone here from Spiritkeep?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alienmojo

• Ghostdancer

• nnanxjim

• Novo

Hello Ghostdancer! Yes...I would say I have had a paranormal experience...it was certainly anything but normal! I have told very few people about my childhood experience, but my Mother was present with me when it occured & we we both taken aback by the circumstances.

I was about 10 years old (I am 52 now). It was late August on our 80 acre farm in Arkansas. My Father was in the fields & my Mother & I were playing double solitaire at the kitchen table with the screen door closed & the solid door open. It was a beautifully clear & humid summer day with no rain clouds anywhere about. We were playing a hand when suddenly...I see this "glowing orb" come through the screen door about head high! It came through the screen without any damage to it. (We looked closely later & no damage at all)

This thing was a little larger than a softball..between a volleyball & softball in size & it glowed with a brilliant white light, yet the perimeter of the object was plainly visible & it was a near perfect orb. My Mother & I just simply froze in our chairs...shocked to say the least! Then the most startling thing of all occured. The orb would move several inches up, down or sideways, quickly & then suddenly & "purposely" freeze...and I felt this "thing" looking at us & sizing us up! I could not move because I was afraid & later my Mother & I talked about it & she felt the same way...this "orb" was alive! It would shimmer & move around & it kept getting closer to us. We were fortunate in those days to have a new electric stove that had an electric clock on it...after about 5 minutes of checking us out, this "plasma being" ( for lack of a better explanation) eased over to the stove & there was a loud "zzzziiiippp" type sound & the creature was gone...into the electric wires! The plastic see through face was melted, the room smelled like burnt plastic & from this day on the clock never worked again!

I will say that my Mother did not like me bringing this episode up & when I asked her what it was she would just look at the ground & say..."I don't know Jimmy...I just don't know".

I believe now, as I always have that it was alive & looking at us for whatever purpose. I have heard the stories of "ball lightning" & "swamp gas" but I have never heard of such a thing inside a farmhouse! My feelings are strong on the matter...it was a living being, with intelligence & a sence of adventure. What kind of being...now that's the question!

That's a pretty bizarre story nnanxjim; did you and your mom keep it secret from your dad?

When I was in the Air Force and stationed in England, I lived in a "haunted" barracks. We have numerous things happen, ranging from one man being held by a cold, laughing whatever, to beer disappearing in ways that couldn't be explained (person sets beer down in an empty room to adjust a stereo, reaches for beer afterward and beer is gone - empty bottle turned up two days later in his sock drawer), doors slammed, drug dogs refusing to enter certain room, etc. Really a cool experience, but sometimes scary..... tongue.gif

yeah just the other night as a matter of fact.

Me and one of my friends were up late like aroung 5 AM and we were atching movies in my basement, and i kept hearing someone opening the front door...now i knew very well that no one was up everyone went to sleep around midnight, so i went to go check it out and the door was still latched and locked.

So we went bakc to our movie and then i heard it again and this time someone walked very hard across the floor from the hall to the kitchen, and then back to the front room were they sort of walked around for awhile then stopped... i went to go check it out again but nothing.

Now we own a duplex and have renters on the otherside and they have been ruled out as causing the noise, or several other noises and strange occurances that have happened in the 7 years we have lived i nthis house, sometimes the disturbance has been physical and even vocal.

Well I think I had one. My Dad and I made a promise to each other that if one of us died, he/she would try and contact the other, the survivor, from "the great beyond".

I had an aunt who was a medium and who could - in trance - speak languages she could not speak in every day life. My Dad always thought I had these gifts but I have never tested them. I think I am afraid to try that.

Anyway, In 1995 my dad died. I lived half a world away and my sister phoned me and said he had gone. This was at about 8 in the evening of the day my Dad died. I cried, I talked with friends, I had a stiff drink and went to bed.

The next morning I opened my clothes closet and the pole on which all my clothes had been hanging (with clothes hangers) had slipped off the pole holder, on one side, and all my clothes were lying in a heap on the floor.

I looked at it, I laughed, I cried, and I was just so happy that my Dad had kept his promise.

Of course, sceptics could say that this could have happened any time. But I had lived there for about 4 years, it was a new condo, I was the first owner, I never had any problems with the closet before... so why would the pole get off the holder (nothing was broken) now?

It took me a good two hours to clean it all up and I was happy to do it and felt my Dad was there all the time!

This might not count, but here i go;

I don't watch a lot of tv, but it seems to me that everytime i start to crave a certain movie, or an epiode it will be on within 2-4 days. I don't read the tv guide, and we don't have tivo.

the 2nd is , my desk at work. it's the burmuda triangel of office supplies. I put stuff in , and then 5 min later poof gone! Also, there is someone "here", it's man. i can see out of the corner of eye.

Hi Ghostdancer! I am new to this site also & have been working. Yes...we did keep it secret from ALL of my imediate family...brothers, Father etc. I don't know what it was, but it was a living being with some type of ability to "see" us. Weird then...weird now!

When I was 15 several friends of mine and myself went on a long walk to the mall. It was about 10 miles. We came across a rock pit. It had a conveyer that went from the bottom of the pit to the top and had a small shack on the top. There was also a mobile home there. Being inquisitive children we decided to investigate since no one was at the site.

We climbed the conveyer, it looking the more interesting, and when we opened the door of the shack some bats flew out and we took off deciding that the mobile home was probably safer to check out.

We opened the door. There were five of us. David and Dean.. the twins, Steve, George, and myself. David and Dean led followed by me, steve, and George. We saw a normal empty mobile home, no furniture, no nothing. However in the back, near the bathroom, was a ladder sticking out of a hole. We peered over the hole and saw that a hole had been made in the floor of the mobile home and a crude basement dug out. There was no real ground, just mounds of dirt and this ladder sticking out. There was no light and it was difficult to see if anything was down there.

All of a sudden we heard this noise. It sounded both mechanical and human at the same time. I can't explain it any better than that. It went "More...." and it only said it once but it took like 5 seconds for it to finish. Like.. "Mooooorrrrreeee!"

We took off running. We didn't stop until we got to K-mart about 4 blocks away. We sat there and talked about it and after about 30 minutes got our courage back and went back to the trailer. This time only David and Dean got in before they were pushing us all back and screaming "Run!!!!"

After we made it back to K-mart they told us what they saw. The ladder to the basement was gone and the door to the bathroom had been ripped off its hinges and was laying next to the front door... apparently thrown there?

A week later my Dad and I drove to the mall and the trailer and conveyer were totally gone and the hole was filled in. We never did find out just what was waiting for us in that basement. I'm glad we didn't.

I think that some people are more prone to have supernatural things happen to them. They either can see things others can't or strange things are attracted to them. I know, because I am one of them. I have lived with ghosts for most of my life while I was growing up. After I joined the Navy and got out of my house most of the stuff stopped happening to me.

I had bought a old mobile home, circa 1970, and it had 3 bedrooms. I got it for like $2000 and it was all mine. I loved it. But one night something strange happened that made it difficult for me to sleep for months.

I had just laid down to bed and was not asleep, I am certain of this. I turned off my light and laid my head down and almost immediately I heard this noise from the foot of my bed. It was quick and gutteral sounding. It said, or sounded like, "DA DA!" Really fast. It was deep and scary and I immediately jumped out of bed. Actually, I jumped up on my bed scared to put my feet on the floor.

I turned on the light and looked all around. Nothing. Then checked under the bed. Nothing. I checked the entire trailer. Nothing. It did not occur again and I can't explain it. But it was the scariest sound I have ever heard. I had the impression of something small.. maybe a foot high, at the end of my bed saying it.

... I will have another story for you soon..

To tell this story I have to give you a little background first... don't worry folks, I'm not stephen king... it won't take 15 pages for me to do this. I lived in a two story house with my bedroom in the basement directly under my parents. At night I could just make them out talking if they talked loud enough. If they had sex I could easily hear the bed squeaking. These weren't paper thin walls or ceilings by any stretch... but you could hear if someone spoke loud or yelled. That is important.

I was 17 or 18 at the time and my parents had decided to go visit my sister who lived 2000 miles away in Washington. We were in Wisconsin. I did not want to go because of work... well.. that's what I told them. I actually had a very cute girlfriend and you can guess the rest.

The let me stay so I could take care of the house and our dog "Pepper". Pepper slept with me every night on the end of my bed. There are stairs just about 5 feet or so from my door that go upstairs to the kitchen. As I got ready for bed I shut my door and climbed into bed. Pepper jumped up on the bed. I laid there for a bit and all of a sudden Pepper started to fidgit. I turned on the light to see what was wrong.

Then I heard footsteps upstairs in my parent's room. I froze. The footsteps travelled to the stairs and I heard them coming down towards me. At times like this one of two things happen to me. I either freeze and eventually faint or I get mad at being scared and get very angry. This time I was very angry.

I heard the footsteps reach the bottom of the stairs and start coming towards my room. I got up and grabbed my baseball bat. The steps stopped at my door. I grabbed the handle and flung open my door. My dog jumped under my bed. I raised my bat ready to strike whoever was outside my door...

Nothing.. not a gosh darn thing!

This was not the first time something like this had happened. Many things ocurred in that house. What I didn't know was that they had also happened to my little brother (he saw an apperition float thru his wall and go thru his bed and out the other wall!) and my older sister (door knobs turning by themselves). I found this out years later at a family outing where we told ghost stories and they came up.

Also, in the bathroom was a red stain that would not come out no matter what you did to it and to hand prints that would not go away.

One other quick one about the house. When I returned from the Navy I stayed with the folks for a month. On the second day home I was laying in bed one night on my back. I suddenly felt something climb up onto my chest and lay there. I think it was laying there.. that was the impression I got. It was heavy.. say 15 pounds. I could feel it looking at me. I froze and would not open my eyes. I couldn't because I was too scared at what might be there.

This was not my dog either. She never EVER slept on my stomach. I must of laid there for 10 or 15 minutes before I eventually fainted. When I awoke it was gone.

• 3 weeks later...

hey all..i have some tiny little experiences...

1.)

once when i was sick, i was home alone upstairs and i heard cupboards opening and closing in the kitchen etc, quite loudly actually, so happy me, someone had come home! so i trotted off downstairs to say hello and....to my surprise, no one was home blink.gif

2.)

and also, once when i was blowdrying my hair waiting for my mom to come blowdry it straight, i was blowing the back so i couldnt see it, and then someone took hold of the dryer (thinking it was my mom) so i let go and PLONK, it fell on the floor, my mom hadnt even come upstairs yet blink.gif

3.)

and others but they're too long to write...

cherio!!

Catt