Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New monster/cryptid documentary!

bball

I just saw a commercial for this on TV, and it looks pretty exciting. It is going to be on the History Channel, here in the states on October 31 at 10/9 central. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have seen every cryptid documentary so many times, it will be great to see some new stuff.

Check out the site for more info. It has a cool trailer, so be sure to let it load:

Monster Quest

Edit: Be sure to check out the evidence locker. Some cool samples of the show. Looks like good quality. One guy is even giving an interview in the forest about bigfoot and gets a couple rocks thrown at him. :ph34r:

Edited by bball

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bball

• psyche101

• Cryptoman

• Embarr

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's amazing. I haven't heard of very many new docos out there on cryptids. Hopefully it won't be anything like that newer one on the Sci Fi Channel. Thanks, bball!!

sweet I'm defiantly watching

That's amazing. I haven't heard of very many new docos out there on cryptids. Hopefully it won't be anything like that newer one on the Sci Fi Channel. Thanks, bball!!

My pleasure! :tu: I love how they replay each episode over and over. That way no one misses it.

I've become very disenchanted with documentaries of late....

it sounds silly, but a lot of doco's that come from the US use a little too much rhetoric, or course when pandering to a larger audience the use of visuals and rhetoric is important to keep them interesting. Especially when the audience varies in their intellectual understanding of certain topics.

Hence, I remember watching a show on the History channel called "Barbarians" which spent more time (time being a very valuable commodity in a documentary) barraging us with adjectives than actually explaining the story.

"Attila swarthed a blazing and bloodied trail of destruction across northern Europe that left thousands writhing in his wake praising his name for their salvation"

haha what is this? Hollywood??!

Now, 'The World at War' is an example of how documentaries should be put together.

With all that said, I still hold hopes for this doco....hopefully it doesn't rely too much on cases but actually examines the phenomenon as a whole.

Wow this looks good. I know I'll be watching it this Halloween.

sounds great, can't wait to see it ^_^

That looks great Bball. Thanks for the link. If anyone knows a good place to obtain it in SE QLD Oz, post so we can all find a copy.

Looks interesting. I wish they'd start with something more fitting for Oct. 31st though. America's Loch Ness Monster doesn't sound Halloweenish.