Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark Shadows

terrie1

I have recently read that dark shadows are related to greif and saddness and they have been seen after the useage of a ouija board.

But, if the above isn't the case; Does anyone know

any other reasons why dark shadows are seen, heard, their presence sensed and why one can feel their actual touch. There has to be! I've seen too many in my life time.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Terrie

• 3 months later...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceyKC

• Paralda

• Ghostboo

• Dark Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest

im unsure as to why reese would consider this a gift.  all of the bizzare experiences ive had, especially the most recent, seem more like terrorizing harrassment than a gift.  usually for me a dark shadow is accompanied by not being able to move or speak and even feeling as if whoever or whatever it is is trying to pull me from my bed. lately even on nights that i dont have the pleasure of all those things, i get horrifying nightmares accompanied by the strange feeling of noing someone is right there next to me.  one of the latest treats is IT has begun to speak. mostly just my name being whispered over my shoulder in a deep voice, but on one occasion IT actually asked me if i would like to bleed.  doesnt sound like a gift to me.  anyone who has any idea what it really is, please reply.  especially if you have a way to make it stop.

others around me have even started saying that im channeling thes evil things to them.  if it means anything it always happens between 3 and 4 am.  annyone have help????? :'( :'(

Shag,

Have you seen the movie, 'The Gift'?  It sounds alot like what you've been through.

NORA

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nora,

Just wanted to thank you for recommending "THE GIFT". I just recently rented it, it was an excellent movie.  :D

Cate Blanchetts 'gift' in the movie was E.S.P. and telling people's fortunes by reading Tarot cards. This doesn't really sound like what shag is encountering. He doesn't really provide all that much information, so its difficult to form an opinion. Some of what he is experiencing sounds like 'night terrors', except for the strange comment about 'channeling' evil spirits to his friends. Maybe he will return and provide more details.  :-/

MAGIKMAN

* - Opps. Forgot to mention that 'shadows' are thought to be a form of ghostly spirit that manifest itself like a persons 'shadow', not a white mist or glowing orb common to typical sightings. Shadows that move independant of any earthly(solid human or other objects) connection.

Hi shagadelic73. Reading your post gave me the chills. I can't imagine what you must be going through. If you want to try to stop these dark shadows from being a nuisance, have you considered an exorcist?

Adam

Magikman,

You're welcome!  I've already seen it 3 times-I keep watching it with different friends/family members to see their reactions!

NORA

• 2 months later...

i too have experienced this and it is frightening all though it has only happened once thank god and yes after playing with a oija board. as funny as it may seem have you tried the lords prayer it does help.

I think you have a number of options:

Do nothing and continue to suffer from these encounters.

Try some conventional religious solutions: exorcism, recitation of prayers etc.

Or, what I would reccomend, is to stand up to it. Say, or think clearly, 'Leave me alone. Go away. You are not wanted here.'

Spirits have intelligence. Stand up to it and show it that you have intelligence and also your own presence. Use your spirit to force it away.

Hope this helps.

Dark shadows can be projected negativity toward's you by somebody you may have upset or is envious of you. From experience I know that these shapeless manifistations are more frightening than a recognisable form. You will normally find that you feel you have a low self asteem, short tempered, you may even become accident prone or feel ill.

These forms can also be a type of spirit that feed off fear, that is why they try to remain shapeless. To counter act these forms you have to loose your fear of them, easier said than done. But by doing this you are taking away the one thing they are there for, the individual or combined fear of all those who are aware of it's presence. I had one that use to say it was going to push me down the stair's everytime I was on them, until I called his bluff.

Intresting theory...and welcome to the forum |:)

Thanx mystify, to be honnest it is first hand information from what I have both learned and encountered in my endevour to become a medium. Nearly there. ::)

• 2 months later...

I have encountered dark shadows, one only a week or so ago. Sit up in bed and make sure it is not the fact that you are still in a form of sleep. Look at it and command it to go away. Remeber you are from this world and it is not. Create a blue bubble or silver around your body as a protection or use the name of your God or Prophet when you command it to leave. As for the time 3-4am. That is the time most people die in ther sleep it is when the body is at its lowest ebb, therefore you are at your most vunerable.

Remember bullies don't like those who are prepared to fight back or stand up to them.

So give it a good kick in the nuts and send it on its way.

:o D.A.? kick it in the nuts??? D.A the ball busting ghosthunter, but yes best thing to do is to tell it to go after all if you helped whatever it is find a focus then you need to help get rid of it. However you do it  ::)

• 5 weeks later...

da,what do you mean a blue bubble or silver?please don't mind me if this is a stupid question but i'm new to the paranormal world.

terrie,this shadow can be the greiving soul of the former inhabitant of the house.they may feel lost or maybe are scared themselves and trying to find a way out of the mortal realm.but on the other hand,the ones that ask you if you want to bleed or threaten you deserve to be sent to hell!although i personally don't have the slightest clue on how to do that,excorcism is the best way to get rid of them.i too have been visited in my sleep by a ghost.it made me have a nightmare.and this is wierd too.i once woke up at midnight choking!nothing i've ever heard of or experienced before.was it paranormal or a coincidence?

• 1 year later...

A black ink blot (that's what it looked like) went from the direction of my parents room to the kitchen very quickly it kinda floated, it didn't walk or run it floated. Very scary and creepy. ph34r:

Happy Holidays thumbsup.gif

Hey Terrie. I know what you're going through. The same thing's been happening to me for about four years now. But i've done almost everything possible and they just refuse to leave. I'm not positive why they're around. I think that they are sort of . . . trapped here maybe. That's why they can be so violent. Personal opinion of course. it's true that ouija boards can bring them around, but if you're good enough to use one of those at least make sure that you set free anything you talk to so that it can leave or else it's bound into the board and to the owner of it. I've only made that mistake once. But it was pretty bad and it still is. Also . . . some individuals are fond of calling these things shadow people. Sometimes they're peaceful adn sometimes they're not. something makes them angry or scared or feel any deep emotion so that some people can sence them. Gift? or Curse? I guess it depends on your position dosen't it?

post-10-1072298941.gif

Terrie's last and only post was on Apr 17 2001, 04:08 AM :

Somehow, I dont think she is going to get back to you.

wacko.gifwacko.gif