Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beast of Exmoor

Duofrost

A large cat-like creature reportedly responsible for the killing of many farm animals in South Molton, Devonshire, England.

Reports of the beast begun in the early 1970's, but in the spring of 1983, local farmer Eric Ley lost over one hundred of his sheep in a period of two and a half months. Eric noticed that the killer did not attack its victims like a dog or fox would, but rather like a lion or leopard by ripping out their throats. To this day there has never been one caught yet many people have seen or witnessed this creature in action In 1987 the creature was blamed for over 200 farm animal deaths.

I was wondering if anyone had any thought or links on subject

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astrocreep

• man_in_mudboots

• KayEl

• Duofrost

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a book in which there is a photograph taken from a distance of this "Beast of Exmoor". It sure does look like some form of black furred feline.

• 2 weeks later...

what seperates this from all the other ABCs? besides livin in Exmoor, that is.

There have been a few sightings in the UK of big cats.

I think alot of these sightings are to do with private owners of big cats who decide they have had enough of them and so release them into the wild. I may not be correct here but was there some type of law introduced a few odd years ago that affected these owners and their 'pets' and that there was an increase of sightings around this time.