Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This'n That #17 - Man's Footprints

Saru

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nancy

• Benjo Koolzooie

• crosswarrior

• doomgirl

This'n That #17 - Man's Footprints

Columist Editorial by Nancy

and welcome back  thumbsup.gif

Thanks Boss,I hope I can "do right" by you and "UM"........ means a lot to me!

Nancy

Can someone clear something up for me? I always thought that the same man cannot be president twice? I thought that the man served as president for four years then another dude took his place...o_o;;

No Blood Angel. In America the President can be elected for two terms of four years each. After that he may not run again. Although congress does give the President the option to withhold elections if there is a state of war at the time. No President has used that power; but it is still there.

And welcome back Nancy. We were missing you. It is indeed good to see you back and posting. thumbsup.gif

crosswarrior......... Thank You!

Taking this in baby steps, as my health allows. Tis a pleasure to BE Back, especially with Members like yourself. Your kind words are appreciated.

N.

Hey sweet Rose it's good to see you back ..........

I just wonder If people can expand there minds and outlooks so much by traveling to other countries , just what is left to learn by traveling through outer space .....

I knew you where to strong to stay down Nancy wub.gif

Ahhh, Sweet Lady Kismit.......

You found me...... lol!! Thank you for reading #17.

You bet humans could expand their horizons by traveling to other places around this Globe! This was always a dream of mine, to do just that. It is also one of the reasons "UM" is such a magical place. We have an opportunity to learn and gain perspective from "strangers" all over this Earth ...... but.........

While the place we call Home has forever been a scary place in some respects, now just getting place to place has many pitfalls and can be extremely risky.

Add to that the warnings, threats and limitations imposed on us and the freedoms we once had to roam, research and meet others no longer exists, not to mention the outrageous expense we have to pay individually. 'Tis a very sad conclusion, no?

I don't think there is enough "ink" on The Internet to list what is left to learn by zooming around the Cosmos, the options are endless!

Strong? Moi? Not too sure about that one Sweet Friend, but I thank you for thinking along those lines.

See ya 'round the Forums!

N

Yay Nancy! It's good to see you blazing those story trails again like you used to! thumbsup.gif

Welcome back! original.gif

blush.gifblush.gif

Thank You, Druss. I clicked my red heels together, grabbed Toto and said.. "There's no place like home, there's no place like........ home"

It worked......

Good to be Home original.gif

Nancy, It's good to see you back. I think even though some call this a political ploy Bush has stated what several of us has been thinking for years.

Why did we go so long ago never to return. imagine where we would be noe if the missions kept up. It is an interesting thought and I applaude Mr. Bush for brining this back into the light.

Mr. Otter.....

Thank you for the welcome back wub.gif

Without getting on my soapbox, I agree with you. The "whys" are many and the ISS is one reason why we didn't go back.

Investing all the effort and money into the ISS just didn't work out the way we thought it would. It is all a learning experience and a very costly one, at that.

N

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Nancy.

I read through your article and although I share most peoples fascination with space exploration it does concern me the financial strains that result.The money that is poured in to these developments is bordering on the scandalous.Yes there have been many scientific developments that have helped enormously in the medical world but this can't possibly justify the finance that seems to pour down the drain at an incredible rate.

Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (MRI) was actually discovered in the late 70's by Dr. Lauterbur who was a Professor of Chemistry and also a Professor of Radiology.The initial research began in 1971 and over the past few decades has been picked up by many research institutes wanting to make their claim. wink2.gif

Man's Footprints on the Moon, to the best of our knowledge, have not blown away, nor scuffed, nor erased. Man's Footprints in the future carry more weight, have more influence and ramifications than anyone envisioned possible!

Does this hold any ground for those of us who hold some belief in the NASA Conspiracy? I have just finished reviewing a book for an american company and have to say it contains some of the most profound and conclusive evidence I have yet to see on the NASA Conspiracy theory.

phenomenon,

Nice to "see" you again, and thank you for reading my latest article.

Perhaps you should take a closer peek at what I did write. I agree that the amount of money needed to undertake this proposal is out of reality. In addition? Odds are no one....... repeat....... NO ONE knows how much this will actually cost.

From the article:

Is it plausible to consider risking more lives, expending untold billions of dollars to have Humans walk on the Moon once again, and then venture to the real unknown, the Planet Mars?

I also am concerned about the cost of the Shuttle rehab, and "Alpha"

As for your mention of MRI...... Perhaps NASA has made more claims than are accurate, however, I still believe that the medical advances were worth every penny. Being disabled I have personally benefited from them, as have many I know.

The main point of #17 was to simply outline what had been proposed. Personally, I see no possibility of it succeding.

Lastly? NASA Conspiracy...? Hmmmmmm, you didn't mention book title, so I guarantee I cannot make any decent comment re its contents.

Perhaps I am naive, but I do not have a 'gut' feeling about such a conspiracy.

Benjo!!! Hi Yourself!

Ut oh....... did I go over the edge with the new avatar? blush.gif Thank You for noticing kiss.gifkiss.gif

Thanks as well for the thumbsup.gif on 1,000 posts! You have me beat by a mile. Will I ever catch up?

• 2 weeks later...

doomgirl,

Thank You! 'Tis good to be back, although on a limited basis.

Really missed everyone here.