Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Euglid House

KB8

At least they didnt debunk

Just a question, what do you see wrong with debunking? On one episode of Ghost Hunters they managed to debunk a piece of paranormal activity when they caught someone actually setting it up. You'd rather people not get caught pulling hoaxes, or be fooled by a swinging window or loose electrical wires, which would ultimately interfere with any equipment, or "psychic" perceptions if you will. In my opinion, debunking actually helps give the paranormal field more credibility. It weasels out the pointless 'evidence' floating around out there, and brings attention to the more unexplainable, and possibly genuine evidence. People shouldn't be scared of seeing 'haunted' places debunked, in most cases it's not a tool of skeptics to discredit the field, but rather a way of helping believers obtain more credible evidence, without having to worry about being laughed out of a room. I admire investigators who look to debunk, because it's always the stuff they can't debunk that keeps me wondering. Just my opinion of course.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• JackalnChainz

• LadyHay

• NoahJaymes

Just a question, what do you see wrong with debunking? On one episode of Ghost Hunters they managed to debunk a piece of paranormal activity when they caught someone actually setting it up. You'd rather people not get caught pulling hoaxes, or be fooled by a swinging window or loose electrical wires, which would ultimately interfere with any equipment, or "psychic" perceptions if you will. In my opinion, debunking actually helps give the paranormal field more credibility. It weasels out the pointless 'evidence' floating around out there, and brings attention to the more unexplainable, and possibly genuine evidence. People shouldn't be scared of seeing 'haunted' places debunked, in most cases it's not a tool of skeptics to discredit the field, but rather a way of helping believers obtain more credible evidence, without having to worry about being laughed out of a room. I admire investigators who look to debunk, because it's always the stuff they can't debunk that keeps me wondering. Just my opinion of course.

Great post Natalie, I agree 100%!!!!

Yeah sorry dudes I spelled it wrong it is Euclid and if you keep looking it up on the computer it doesnt say anything about murders. I dont know if its just liek a legend or whatnot but we were there yesterday and my god was it scary haha.

The thing is though, its surrounded by a high chain link fence (atleast 10 ft) and on the fence are 100's of posters from people all around that put them up on the fence for everyone to see. Some of them said things like "God please bless this block" and a bunch of stuff like that it was real creepy. I dont know if these murders happened for sure, but the people in that area seem to believe they did if they put all those posters up. When I got to the house too I just got this sick feeling looking at it like even if nothing happened the house looks so horrible and when you have it in the back of your mind that the house supposedly had that kind of murder in it you just ugh...

My friend that came with us got the posters on video and I will post them up when I get them from him. (I just got home right now)

Edited by KB8

Yeah sorry dudes I spelled it wrong it is Euclid and if you keep looking it up on the computer it doesnt say anything about murders. I dont know if its just liek a legend or whatnot but we were there yesterday and my god was it scary haha.

The thing is though, its surrounded by a high chain link fence (atleast 10 ft) and on the fence are 100's of posters from people all around that put them up on the fence for everyone to see. Some of them said things like "God please bless this block" and a bunch of stuff like that it was real creepy. I dont know if these murders happened for sure, but the people in that area seem to believe they did if they put all those posters up.

My friend that came with us got the posters on video and I will post them up when I get them from him. (I just got home right now)

Thanks for the update and clarification of the street name. Most of us knew that anyway...

I would imagine that you could find this out through vital statistics (we have a searchable database here in BC) but I'm telling you, the family was well noted; if there had been murders it would not have been this quiet.

Well even if there weren't any murders documented, it doesn't mean bad things didn't happen behind those doors. Things that were bad enough to haunt that area afterwards. As the OP said, the people in the area obviously fear this place for some reason and that would be enough to give me the creeps.

Thanks for the update, KB8.

The thing is though, its surrounded by a high chain link fence (atleast 10 ft) and on the fence are 100's of posters from people all around that put them up on the fence for everyone to see. Some of them said things like "God please bless this block" and a bunch of stuff like that it was real creepy. I dont know if these murders happened for sure, but the people in that area seem to believe they did if they put all those posters up. When I got to the house too I just got this sick feeling looking at it like even if nothing happened the house looks so horrible and when you have it in the back of your mind that the house supposedly had that kind of murder in it you just ugh...

Sounds spookily wonderful. Eek! I'm eagerly awaiting any video or photos you may have :) Jody

Well even if there weren't any murders documented, it doesn't mean bad things didn't happen behind those doors. Things that were bad enough to haunt that area afterwards. As the OP said, the people in the area obviously fear this place for some reason and that would be enough to give me the creeps.

Thanks for the update, KB8.

Ahh, but see, this is the stuff Urban Myths or Legends is made of. It is entirely possible that this is what it is.

I agree ;) And to add...bad landscaping is enough to give locals the creeps. People are quite noticable of non-conformity. From small differences spring big rumors, that stick and persist, and fester over the years, when in fact, it could all stem from a poorly painted porch, dirty windows, or an unkept yard. As far as false hauntings are concerned, that is. Real hauntings don't really need any particular event to evolve. They can happen in the most mundane of homes, where nothing has happened at all. Finding evidence of a prior murder scene in news paper clippings merely fuels the human imagination (although the research is fascinating). Granted, there may be some viable connections, and many times are. But a home can also be the site of satanic worship and mass sacrifices, but be haunted by a deceased ice cream man. There is no known format for active hauntings. ~Jackal

Edited by JackalnChainz

Haha I watched the video at my friends house off his camera (he plugged it into the TV, I still dont have them) and there was this one part where just 2 the guys ran up to the house and they were sketching out real hard for a number of reasons lol.

1. It was about 3 am

2. This was the bad part of town, like some of us were more scared of the people around than the house itself

3. Its just soo creepy

Theres alot of swearing and freaking out its hilarious but when you see the posters they are just so creepy.

But what is super weird is that these posters were just made normally by people in the area but if you know the weather here in Winnipeg its horrible.... And all the posters are like perfectly fine with no little rips or smudges or anything. Thats what reaaaaallly freaked us out hahah I dont get how it can rain so hard and snow so hard without making any damage to the posters

Edited by KB8

Haha I watched the video at my friends house off his camera (he plugged it into the TV, I still dont have them) and there was this one part where just 2 the guys ran up to the house and they were sketching out real hard for a number of reasons lol.

1. It was about 3 am

2. This was the bad part of town, like some of us were more scared of the people around than the house itself

3. Its just soo creepy

Theres alot of swearing and freaking out its hilarious but when you see the posters they are just so creepy.

But what is super weird is that these posters were just made normally by people in the area but if you know the weather here in Winnipeg its horrible.... And all the posters are like perfectly fine with no little rips or smudges or anything. Thats what reaaaaallly freaked us out hahah I dont get how it can rain so hard and snow so hard without making any damage to the posters

Freaky... Thanks for the clarification and update! Can't wait to see the video! Even if there was no murders abandoned houses are pretty creepy but awesome. I would love to investigate some!

Alright now we are gonna go again next friday but this time we will be fully prepared for it all lol.

We will take 7 people that will go right up to the house with flashlights and cameras and ill try to get good looks at everything for everyone here.

Once I get the videos from this past friday ill get them up here for everyone to see. I dont think it will be until Wednesday at the earliest though because we all have school/work so sorry about that but they will be up for sure.

Alright now we are gonna go again next friday but this time we will be fully prepared for it all lol.

We will take 7 people that will go right up to the house with flashlights and cameras and ill try to get good looks at everything for everyone here.

Once I get the videos from this past friday ill get them up here for everyone to see. I dont think it will be until Wednesday at the earliest though because we all have school/work so sorry about that but they will be up for sure.

AHH you had us all excited to see something, anything. But in any case, whenever you get some evidence just post away. JN

Don't worry, as long as you post the stuff some time we'll be fine.

I'm one of the guys that went with kb8 to the house. We went yesterday and we got some amazing footage; nothing really paranormal, but that neighborhood is too sketchy to just be snooping around. Some guy saw us around the bus stop in front of the house and asked if we were selling rocks, so obviously we knew it was time to get the **** out of there.

i was one of the three that went on the actual property and the second i jumped the fence i had this disturbing feeling in my stomach. Hopefully we can get that tape converted soon so we can post it. KB8 will probably post the details because I'm not sure what he wants me to share on the forum.

i'll give you a hint about teh footage we got though...

"we brought a crowbar and a camera"

Yea, unfortunately though, he said nothing really paranormal. If he posts footage of them breaking into the house, isn't that against forum rules

Yea, unfortunately though, he said nothing really paranormal. If he posts footage of them breaking into the house, isn't that against forum rules

Hmmm not sure, but it is against the law, but he may be safe to post them here, if he doesnt get caught..JN

Hmmm not sure, but it is against the law, but he may be safe to post them here, if he doesnt get caught..JN

I think he would get caught. Mods always checks the forum. Maybe if they edited where it dosen't show them breaking in.

I think he would get caught. Mods always checks the forum. Maybe if they edited where it dosen't show them breaking in.

Good point and nice to see you again Veliska..JN

Good point and nice to see you again Veliska..JN

Thanks sweetie it is nice to see you too ^_^

Alright im back lol still waiting for the video to be on my computer but anyways I actually watched it off the camera onto the TV from the second time we went in. Yes, you see us pry open a couple boards with a cro bar lmao and then get in but another thing is you hear static and like a voice which is so creepy and you hear church bells. And we were watching the video and you get a quick look of the ceiling with the camera (its on night visiion so you can see better) but we ourselves couldnt see anything at all and you see 2 frickin lights in the ceiling/wall thing and it scared the sh** out of us when we watched it on camera cuz we didnt see it in person. I promise ill get videos up as soon as possible haha sorry about the wait dudes

Edited by KB8