Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Promising bigfoot evidence

bball

It's sort of like "Finding Bigfoot", they go out and do the same things every week and never actually find a Bigfoot. I think people are getting tired of not having any results. However, they go, visit with witness', do a recreation, have a town meeting, go out at night looking around in the dark.....with a camera crew, they hear something in the dark, the FLIR sees nothing, they declare they were successful and leave for the next location.

They couldn't find my dirty underwear in my bathroom doing what they're doing.

Its no wonder they hear all kinds of strange sounds out there. Everyone in town knows where they are going to be. They practically invite people to go out and mess with them on their investigations.

As it stands I have a 80% believe that Bigfoot is out there, but until the show "Finding Bigfoot" changes it's name to "Bigfoot found" I'll allways have that 20% doubt...

Although, I'm wayching an episode of "Monsters & Mysteries" and it looks like some hunter shot a Bigfoot and buried it. So there should be a recoverable body and DNA evidence...

Right now they are telling me the Bigfoot Story of a guy that wanted the hunter to go back for the body(I'm getting impatient), though I'm guessing the body is going to have conveniently vanished, or the guy won't remember where he put it. Because heaven forbid there be any physical evidence to proove his encounter actually happened...

Sorry if I sound like a skeptic. I been into this stuff sense I was a we-lad staying up past my bedtime to catch the new episode of "Sightings" and "Unsolved Mysteries", and there's allways some reason or excuse to why the video is so shaky or poor quality, or why there's no physical proof, or the DNA always seems to come back Inconclusive.... It's made me a great bit jaded..

Edited by Midyin

Its no wonder they hear all kinds of strange sounds out there. Everyone in town knows where they are going to be. They practically invite people to go out and mess with them on their investigations.

Yeah, they tried to do another show called 'Killing Bigfoot' where they had a town meeting where they showed everyone all the hardcore firepower they brought to bring Armageddon down on any rustle they heard in the woods. The show never made it to air because all they encountered was the sound of crickets.

*** Nobody look for the show. I was joking.

*DISCLAIMER* If you haven't seen this documentary yet, DO NOT READ ON! I just wanted to post this while it was still fresh in my mind.

I just finished watching the History Channel's Monster Quest. This one was about bigfoot. It had some really interesting finds.

The team traveled to northern Ontario, Canada. They stayed in a cabin with a history of bigfoot encounters. Some very compelling things happened. A group of fishermen who stayed in the cabin a year or so ago, left a piece of plywood with screws sticking out of it, pointed upwards. This is layed down in front of the entrance to the cabin, for when the group goes out on prolonged fishing trips, to protect the cabin. Well in this particular instance, something with an apparently large print stepped on the screws. It left blood, hair, and tissue samples. Well, they gathered these things, and would analyze them later.

In the meantime, they showed other various stories, including a diary found in the cabin from ten years ago, describing more possible bigfoot evidence in the area.

The last night the team was there, they got rocks thrown at them! One guy even threw a rock back into the woods, and immediately a rock was hurled back from at them from the woods. Cool stuff!

Anyways, the hair underwent visual observations, and the scientists determined it to not be any known animal, or human.

They were able to extract DNA and determined that it was not human and not known ape, but somewhere in between. It should be noted that they only so far have gotten one sample of DNA, and it is ONLY a 1 in 5,000 chance that the DNA, from the blood is human. So this looks promising. Feel free to add anything I am forgetting, or elaborate further onto what I have mentioned. original.gif

that's been around a while and it's a great story.

"something" broke into the camp while the occupents were away. they thought it iwas a bear but they noticed two things:

1) the refrigerator was not torn apart. Bears do this to get to the insulation for its sweetness.

2) "something" opened an interior door, ie, turned the doornob, to gain entrance to a room.

'Taint no bear!

I wouldn't believe what they're saying on Monsterquest.

Even if they happen to "find" something, it is so that the viewer will keep watching, hoping that they actually do find valid evidence in later episodes.

I watched a couple of them a while ago.. it's sort of entertaining until you realize that they're not really finding anything..

As it stands I have a 80% believe that Bigfoot is out there, but until the show "Finding Bigfoot" changes it's name to "Bigfoot found" I'll allways have that 20% doubt...

Although, I'm wayching an episode of "Monsters & Mysteries" and it looks like some hunter shot a Bigfoot and buried it. So there should be a recoverable body and DNA evidence...

Right now they are telling me the Bigfoot Story of a guy that wanted the hunter to go back for the body(I'm getting impatient), though I'm guessing the body is going to have conveniently vanished, or the guy won't remember where he put it. Because heaven forbid there be any physical evidence to proove his encounter actually happened...

Sorry if I sound like a skeptic. I been into this stuff sense I was a we-lad staying up past my bedtime to catch the new episode of "Sightings" and "Unsolved Mysteries", and there's allways some reason or excuse to why the video is so shaky or poor quality, or why there's no physical proof, or the DNA always seems to come back Inconclusive.... It's made me a great bit jaded..

That was probably Justin Smeja, or bear meat boy. Sounds like his story to me.

Just another liar. Your 20% sure that bigfoot doesnt exist. I'm 100%.

Theres is nothing to do with bigfoot that can't be fabricated.

Hence, the reason the myth has went on for decades. People like to fool other people, and have done forever.

Theres no Skunk-Ape, Yeti, Bigfoot, or any other 7" tall bipedal hairy ape.

Even the holy grail of bigfoot, the PGF, was a hoax.

One day everyone who believes will look bsck, like myself, and say, "God, how gullible am I that i believed this made up creature exists?".

I know this episode and there is a follow up when they returned to the cabin. If memory serves right they had them examined under a different process and found bear DNA.

I think it was in Season 2 episode 34 'Sasquatch Attack 2'. I got all the DVDS as a present one year so I will dig it out later and take a look at the answers.

You can probably find it on Youtube.

Some of the MonsterQuest episodes are dire like the Sasquatch ones. However they went through a period of doing more down to earth things like Killer Bees and snakes in Florida which were really very good with excellent finds.

The best one I think was when they filmed the giant humbolt squid which if the video analyses and camera maker are correct it was longer than a Blue Whale. Truly amazing footage.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

that's been around a while and it's a great story.

"something" broke into the camp while the occupents were away. they thought it iwas a bear but they noticed two things:

1) the refrigerator was not torn apart. Bears do this to get to the insulation for its sweetness.

2) "something" opened an interior door, ie, turned the doornob, to gain entrance to a room.

'Taint no bear!

Two thoughts:

1) Just because the bear didn't do it this time doesn't mean that it wasn't a bear. Perhaps something scared it away before he had a chance to rip into the fridge.

2) And we're 100% certain that the door was closed and latched securely? No, we're not.

I remember watching this episode of Monsterquest and thinking the following:

Guy is 100% certain that Bigfoot broke into his cabin. Guy has screw board literally covered in said Bigfoot's blood, hair, and DNA. What does guy do with evidence that could prove once and for all that an elusive ape man is stalking North America? Not to mention make guy a very wealthy celebrity with TV show appearances, book deals, speaking engagements,etc.

Does guy immediately bag it and take it to the nearest lab for analysis?

Why no, guy takes the screw board and leans it up on the side of the cabin and exposed to the elements for several months before the Monsterquest team shows up.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I know this episode and there is a follow up when they returned to the cabin. If memory serves right they had them examined under a different process and found bear DNA.

I think it was in Season 2 episode 34 'Sasquatch Attack 2'. I got all the DVDS as a present one year so I will dig it out later and take a look at the answers.

You can probably find it on Youtube.

Some of the MonsterQuest episodes are dire like the Sasquatch ones. However they went through a period of doing more down to earth things like Killer Bees and snakes in Florida which were really very good with excellent finds.

The best one I think was when they filmed the giant humbolt squid which if the video analyses and camera maker are correct it was longer than a Blue Whale. Truly amazing footage.

The squid stuff was pretty cool.