Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Metal Gear solid : The Twin Snakes.

Ronin6th

The new trailer of Metal Gear solid : The Twin Snakes is now available on Konami Japan site. It's streamer and 27 minutes lasting, and quite difficult to get as the site is crowded...

Click here.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin6th

• Cufflink

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a shorter five-ten minute trailer for MGS:Snake Eater, that came with OPS2, a few months back, and it does look jaw-dropping. There is even a dig at GTA:Vice City.

Could Kojima be a little touchy, perhaps? That his last masterpiece was chronically flawed in the last third, and drowned in tedious dialogue. Wheras GTA is pure gameplay?

That's my worry about this next installment. It will be gorgeous to look at. It will be full of wonderful touches. But will it still be painfully linear? Will it be drowned in hours of dialogue that the player has to sit through time and time again?

Despite that, I can't wait to play it! Just hope I'm not frustrated by the end, like last time.

Yes I know what you mean about the linear side of MGS, especially in "The sons of Liberty" sometimes I feel like having bought an animated movie on dvd. I think the real gameplay time was shorter than in MGS1, and less possibilities to put the weapons in practice too...

Look, for example, you have to use the nikita only once during MGS2, and it is useless elsewhere, whereas it was used to open a gate and to fight Vulcan Raven in MGS1 and others cool things to do with, like tricking the guards.

MGS Sons Of Liberty was less fun. disgust.gif

I agree completely, Ronin. MGS on PlayStation1 was fabulous, and kept offering all sorts of gameplay. MGS on PS2, while amazing to behold, stifled the player, and was, as you say, less fun.

Good to see someone agreeing! original.gif

I hope these drawbacks will be changed in the next to come, but I don't think Kojima will make it happen, as he seems convinced by the success of his methods.

By the way, if you like Kojima's style, I can deeply suggest you to play Zone of the enders : The 2nd runner which is really cool... There are a lot of videos and a lot of gameplay time too!