Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real Life Saw

Scream

I don't know if anybody remembers hearing about it or anything, but it was a while ago. Maybe a year or two ago, but there was a older guy that was a pizza delivery worker. He was about to leave work but his boss asked him to make one last delivery before he left. Well he went to the address which was out in the middle of nowhere. He got ambushed and had bomb strapped around his neck and chest. He was ordered to rob a bank and follow a set of instructions that would lead him to getting the key to take it off. So he went to the bank, got the money and of course got intercepted by the cops when he was going to one of the locations that had more instructions on where to go to get the key. They stopped him soon after that point and him sitting in the middle of the road while he was pleading for help saying the bomb was going to go off if in a certain amount of time. Bomb squad was on their way and when they were almost there it went off and yeah, you know what happened.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• SunnyOutlook

• Scream

• ~Cheese~

I don't know if anybody remembers hearing about it or anything, but it was a while ago. Maybe a year or two ago, but there was a older guy that was a pizza delivery worker. He was about to leave work but his boss asked him to make one last delivery before he left. Well he went to the address which was out in the middle of nowhere. He got ambushed and had bomb strapped around his neck and chest. He was ordered to rob a bank and follow a set of instructions that would lead him to getting the key to take it off. So he went to the bank, got the money and of course got intercepted by the cops when he was going to one of the locations that had more instructions on where to go to get the key. They stopped him soon after that point and him sitting in the middle of the road while he was pleading for help saying the bomb was going to go off if in a certain amount of time. Bomb squad was on their way and when they were almost there it went off and yeah, you know what happened.

Its seems as if the guy with the bomb strapped around his neck was in on it. Mind you it seems like the plans changed resulting in him wearing an actual bomb but, none the less, he was in on it. All in all its a very twisted and strange case. Sadly if the guy had abandoned the "plan" and got to authorities long before time was up he could have lived, testified against the other people and been a lot better off.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/collar.bo...rges/index.html

Edited by Kevin A.

Many people have speculated that he was actually involved in the robbery and agreed to do it not knowing the bomb was the real deal etc.

BTW this is not a Saw copycat killing as this happened even before the movie and besides I doubt Jigsaw would make one of his victims rob a bank or strap a bomb to them cause it's not his MO.

i'm always afriad when movies like saw come out because i know some idiots are going to try to copy that crap. half the crimes in america..... inspired by hollywood.

i'm always afriad when movies like saw come out because i know some idiots are going to try to copy that crap. half the crimes in america..... inspired by hollywood.

Again this happened before the Saw movies came out and the events that happened before, during and after the robbery in no way even remotely resembled anything in the Saw movies.

I can't specify enough this fact in regards to this crime.

Your fear is definitely unfounded as many Hollywood horror movies are instead inspired in part on real life events and killers etc.

Your fear is definitely unfounded as many Hollywood horror movies are instead inspired in part on real life events and killers etc.

You beat me to it..... :tu:

Some examples include, "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" , "The Amytiville Horror" and we can't forget the numerous telemovies inspired by Long Island teenager Amy Fisher, who shot her older lover's wife......

As they say, fact is stranger than fiction.....

You beat me to it..... :tu:

Some examples include, "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" , "The Amytiville Horror" and we can't forget the numerous telemovies inspired by Long Island teenager Amy Fisher, who shot her older lover's wife......

As they say, fact is stranger than fiction.....

I agree 110% with the above

Let's not forget other movies like Psycho, House of a 1000 Corpses among others as well.

There is always some truth to fictional work especially in the horror genre.

Hollywood doesn't inspire killers. Killers inspire Hollywood.

Edited by christinebc

• 2 weeks later...
Hollywood doesn't have an original thought.

That's not true there is tons of originality in Hollywood, the problem is that studios do not want to take risks like they once did because of the cost of movies.

Hollywood has an orginal thought, they rather spice up with actual events

Come on! What I meant was, nothing has been done that hasn't been done before. I can usually figure who did what in a mystery withing the first 15 to 30 minutes. Every plot twist has been conceived of and done. The only movie that caught me off guard was The Sixth Sense.

I'll give you producers don't want to take risks, and there may be original thoughts for movies and such, but even they are based on another idea. Even Scream parodied the numerous horror movies that have come out, not to mention the parodies of the parodies.

Come on! What I meant was, nothing has been done that hasn't been done before. I can usually figure who did what in a mystery withing the first 15 to 30 minutes. Every plot twist has been conceived of and done. The only movie that caught me off guard was The Sixth Sense.

I'll give you producers don't want to take risks, and there may be original thoughts for movies and such, but even they are based on another idea. Even Scream parodied the numerous horror movies that have come out, not to mention the parodies of the parodies.

True True..

There are a lot of super creative people out there with a load of original ideas there always will be.

The horror movie Scream inspired alot of people to kill. Not just because they already were mentally ill before they saw the movie, but also because they were obsessed with the movie.

The horror movie Scream inspired alot of people to kill. Not just because they already were mentally ill before they saw the movie, but also because they were obsessed with the movie.

If people killed I assure you they would have anyway eventually.

I also wouldn't say it inspired a 'lot' of people to kill just a few, if it was a lot there would have been more press coverage then what there were.

• 1 month later...

((I know old thread.. but I needed to get my 2 cents in))

Took me about 5 minutes after Willis' character was introduced to figure it out. Though out of the screen writer directors out there Shamalan does a great job of entertaining.

And anything could be an inspiration for a killer. I mean think about it. If they don't know that it's not okay to kill someone. What makes you think that their reason for killing someone came from a horror source?

Maybe they kill someone because they looked at them wrong... had a bug on them...

Seriously...

That is seriously messed up. The poor dude was trying to earn a living. Some mental thought it was a good idea and an easy way to get money. What about the brothers family? This is truely sad.