Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does cold weather make you sleepy ?

Tenkay

In the summertime I have no problem getting up from a good night's rest, but when the weather turns cold I'm very sleepy ALL DAY LONG. I remeber as a youngster in school, going to school when its november december january, and falling asleep on the bus daily.

Am I the only one whos affected by cold weather in this way

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kenshinx

• Tenkay

• Galactic

• Mr  Honeybadger

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually you know I do find I am more sleepy in the Winter.

I wonder if it may have something to do with less hours of sun or not wanting to get out of a nice warm bed to go out into the cold?

yup!! in the cold morning is hard to get out of bed, coz your bed is warmer than outside

but..in hot day, i fall asleep aswell

fall asleep in bus, at work,

i fall asleep everywhere

man... i waste my life in dreamworld :D

Not me! The cold weather makes me feel more alive. I love to go for walks in the quiet snow, sled riding, making a snow man. I get more tired in the summer from the heat.

I'm more sleepy in the winter also, But I don't think cold water makes me go to sleep fast or sleepy.. However, warm milk makes me sleep comfortable at nights :passifier:

Not at all...If anything it makes me more alert. I love the cold weather, and the nights being longer...But I do get sleepy when I walk into my warm house...For me the heat makes me want to sleep...go figure :)

In the summertime I have no problem getting up from a good night's rest, but when the weather turns cold I'm very sleepy ALL DAY LONG. I remeber as a youngster in school, going to school when its november december january, and falling asleep on the bus daily.

Am I the only one whos affected by cold weather in this way

yeah i'm get more tired in the winter. i alway get lazier. i work out 5 times a week and half the time in the winter i usually don't feel like doing it. mostly because my boby is cold and it makes you lazy and it's hard to yourself up to do physical excersise.

i wonder if this is some "disease" that I have. When the weather is cold i don't feel like doing anything, and i want to sleep all day, actually I can sleep all day when I have the free time. Go to sleep for about 4 hours, wake up for 5 minutes, then go back to sleep for another 4 hours

i wonder if this is some "disease" that I have. When the weather is cold i don't feel like doing anything, and i want to sleep all day, actually I can sleep all day when I have the free time. Go to sleep for about 4 hours, wake up for 5 minutes, then go back to sleep for another 4 hours

Hi Tenkay

Sounds to me like you could have SAD Disease, Seasonal Affective Disorder.

It's very, very common.

Here's a little link, take a look and see what you think; does this describe how you feel?

http://www.medicinenet.com/seasonal_affect...sad/article.htm

You can google SAD Disease for lots of articles on it.

I do feel more sleepy during the winter, but I attribute part of this to the much fattier food i crave when it's cold.

Nope...cold weather doesn't make me sleepy or tired, makes me feel more alive actually. The cold crisp air....Lovely. :)

Hot weather makes me lazy........I hate summer!

When seasons change with in cold months of year it effects me such way that my system slows down to its dormant point. Also I get sleepy even sluggish feeling to lay back.

Its the exact opposite.. when the weather is cold I have a hard time going to sleep or waking up. but when it's hot I feel weak and sleepy.

Hi Tenkay

Sounds to me like you could have SAD Disease, Seasonal Affective Disorder.

It's very, very common.

Here's a little link, take a look and see what you think; does this describe how you feel?

http://www.medicinenet.com/seasonal_affect...sad/article.htm

You can google SAD Disease for lots of articles on it.

nah.. he just lazy

cold weather makes me so sleepy because i really like to get cozy in my bed when its cold..so i am sleepy all during the day

I love cold and frosty mornings, they wake my soul.