Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hairy Horror!

dancin'hamster

Whilst reading and researching I came across several reports of a Bigfoot, or Yeti-like creature right here in the UK!

I know it sounds ridiculas ~ I laughed at the idea myself, but many people are reporting large, hairy hominoids prowling around wooded areas..... there was a sighting in Sussex of a tall, heavily-built creature that walked on tow legs in front of a car driven by a man and his wife. They were terrified and watched as it sauntered up a slope into a wood..........

I took this from the Country Life site ~

'An eight-foot howling yeti, with shining eyes and huge white teeth, has been seen prowling the woodland around Bolam Lake in Northumberland.

Experts rushed to the area, intent on proving the sightings to be an elaborate hoax, but were shocked to come face to face with the 'Bigfoot' themselves.

Jon Downes, Director of the Centre for Fortean Zoology,who travels the world to track mystical beasts, spoke to pike fishermen who had been left terrified from the sighting. He set up camp in the area for five days and was on the verge of going home, when one of his helpers heard rustling in the woods.

He told the Morpeth Herald: 'I shouted for our driver to put the headlights on and I saw something standing, much taller than me and moving along quickly indeed.'

Anna Kuhni, a clairvoyant for the Twilight World's Paranormal Society, also claims to have seen something strange, using a native American tracking technique. She described her vision as a 'huge, black manifestation', although she is not convinced it is a living creature.

'It could well be something more spiritual and I do know that there is an Iron Age fort at Bolam and that could be connected to those sightings,' she said.

However, tales of yetis and wild beasts have done nothing but boost the visitor numbers at Bolam Lake. Amateur yeti-hunters have doubled the seasonal figures as locals hope to spy the ape-like monster.

It is not the first time the region has attracted weird beasties. Local folklore tells of the Deugar, a fearsome, cave-dwelling freak, which stalked the nearby valley of Coquetdale. The yeti-like creature allegedly lured walkers to their doom before roasting their corpses over a peat fire.'

Blimey ..........

for more info on the UK Yeti try this link ~

http://www.cfz.org.uk/projects/bolam.htm

Hammy x x x

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• man_in_mudboots

• Fluffybunny

• mowo

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, some of those mountains in Scotland could maybe hide a saquatch.

PS, HAMMY - i love the "hamster liberation front / hamstergedon / its coming" changing signature thingy!!

there was a sighting in Sussex of a tall, heavily-built creature that walked on tow legs in front of a car driven by a man and his wife. They were terrified and watched as it sauntered up a slope into a wood..........

I haven't heard of this one. Wonder if it happened near me. huh.gif Wonder if it was me? ohmy.gif

PS, HAMMY - i love the "hamster liberation front / hamstergedon / its coming" changing signature thingy!!

LMAO!

Thanks Muddyboots! It's soooooooooooooooooooo funny!

Have a looky at this ~

http://www.hamsterliberationfront.com/

Agent ~ LMAO! Was it you, you little tinker!

Seriously, there have been lots and lots of sightings of these creatures in the UK. We do have large areas of wilderness in the UK, and if we can support ABCs, why not Yetis?

Hammy x x x

The Beast of Bolam was said to be a 2 dimensional being. Witness said it moved in the wind and seemed to float like nosforatuu. Think of the video to the song monster mash.

And Scotland is said to have about 3 wierd humonoids

Running man - likes to chase and run after things

Scottish yeti ( don't know name) - simple regular yeti thing

???????????? - said to be really solitary and tends to be seen near the isolated highland

BTW what about the BHM from derby (?)

somthing like 6 passing motorists saw it get knocked over by a car, stand back up and jump a tall fence on which the other side is a steep slope.

The Scottish beast is the Grey man of Ben Mcdhui. Ben Mcdhui is the second highest peak in Britain, and many reputable climbers have claimed that it is haunted, or that there is something strange up there. Do a Google search on grey man or Ben mcdhui.

The Scottish beast is the Grey man of Ben Mcdhui. Ben Mcdhui is the second highest peak in Britain, and many reputable climbers have claimed that it is haunted, or that there is something strange up there.

Hi Mowo

Already posted about The Big Grey Man some time ago.... here's the link ~ http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8011

Thanks for your kind words Lottie laugh.gif

And, any more information on the Derby incident would be greatly appreciated. I saved in on a disk.........but cant find it now!

Hammy x x x

Somehow when I picture a British Bigfoot, I default to picturing a far more refined, cultured, well mannered bigfoot.

A bigfoot that prefers tea, and knows the rules of cricket.

Maybe that is just me... tongue.gif

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO

laugh.gif

If I catch one I'll let you know!

Somehow when I picture a British Bigfoot, I default to picturing a far more refined, cultured, well mannered bigfoot, that prefers tea, and knows the rules of cricket.

similarly, i picture a british sasquatch as wearing a tweed jacket, having alot of shiny war metals-of-honor, a bristly white mustach, and a monocle......as stereotyped as that may be.

When discussions about the typical British person start, you really can tell who's never been here, can't you? tongue.gif

I've been there, but my stereotype of a british person is still the type I described...

When discussions about the typical British person start, you really can tell who's never been here, can't you?

grin2.gif indeed.... but a poor bucket of swamp water like myself should not be held responsible for his stereotypical veiws of people from other countries, forced upon him by cartoons. grin2.gif

whistling2.gif i can also imagine the veiws yall have of swamp folk.......

maybe it was just an unfortunate fellow on the way to his waxing appointment!

lollalalalalalalalal

ph34r.gif