Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WHERE WAS THE GARDEN OF EDEN LOCATED?

Nxt2Hvn

Over the years, many have claimed the Garden of Eden has been found. Of course the location of each "discovery" is in a different location. The Bible describes the area around the Garden in Genesis 2, even using recognizable place names such as Ethiopia. It mentions a spring in the Garden which parts into four major rivers, including the Euphrates. This has led many, including Bible scholars, to conclude that the Garden of Eden was somewhere in the middle eastern area known today as the Tigris-Euphrates River Valley, with its remains long ago vanishing.

Site Link

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nxt2Hvn

• PsychicPenguin

• Consummate Deist

• Fluffybunny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geez that is an easy one....the Garden of Eden is in one place and only one place. The book of Genesis in the ancient Jewish holy book (later adopted by those following the Cult of Christ), no other mention of it is made in any contemporary documents and no myths of it were held by contemporary peoples. Hence until secular proof is offered, the "Garden of Eden" is like Valhalla of the Norse, a totally mythical place and part of an ancient mythology. wink2.gif

Geez that is an easy one....the Garden of Eden is in one place and only one place. The book of Genesis in the ancient Jewish holy book (later adopted by those following the Cult of Christ)

Well.. that is where it is at in your mind..... wacko.gif

Now does anyone wish to give the correct answer?

whistling2.gif

wink2.gif

Right where Consummate Deist said it was.....In Genesis and no where else!

Quote from the website mentioned:

~"God placed an angel at the entrance to the Garden to keep pre-flood men from returning. The Flood made even that precaution unnecessary."~

I think the analysis in this article is correct. The Garden of Eden no longer exists.

I think also however, that the G of E did exist in the fertile crescent. That the area is not what is described in Genisis gives way to the same arguement of the

flood. It changed things. thumbsup.gif

post-14-1075155378.gif

Right where Consummate Deist said it was.....In Genesis and no where else!

Uh.. no... once again... <buzz> WRONG ANSWER!!

Another LOSER!!

Anybody else?

blink.gif

Your backyard (you seem to be certain where it is)

Your backyard (you seem to be certain where it is)

disgust.gifdontgetit.gifhuh.gifw00t.gifwhistling2.gif

Anyway.....

GREAT JOB JOC! I AGREE!

I always believe that the Garden of Eden is located somewhere in present day Iraq. My theory is based on the biblical account of the Euphrates and Tigris rivers, also descriptions of its majestic treasure and fertility, which fits pretty well with the ancient Messopotamia.

The story of Adam and Eve may came from a government officer (or the crown prince) that was expelled from the palace because a rival officer (the serpent) tricked him. Being affraid of the authority and the "evil serpent", he wrote down his own story as the legend of Adam and Eve.

A lot of Genesis stories are telling about places and events in Mesopotamia, until finally, Abraham left this land for good, bringing with him the stories and legends of his family. Later Moses (or someone else) put these legends together to form the Torah.

* Senses another religous debate going nowhere *

Once again the only religion that is allowed to be bashed is christianity . If anyone posted the pagan explanation for the beginning and someone hot it down with a comment as rude as "It exists in your book and nowhere else , all who believe in it are dillusional" the post would probobly be removed and many people would make posts accusiing the original poster of the insult as being religiously intolerant .

I will say w00t

Why do you even post on these forums, nxt2hvn, when you already seem to know everything?

Why do you even post on these forums, nxt2hvn, when you already seem to know everything?

You just have to be patient with her... her avatar suggests that she is a blonde laugh.gif

the same can be said for anyone with an opinion on anything dontgetit.gif

the same can be said for anyone with an opinion on anything

Not everyone who has an opinion on something acts like a ruder version of Ann Robinson, only without the catchy phrase tongue.gif

Debates aren't game shows, miss Nxt2Hvn, you don't have a pretty little buzzer for your itchy fingers to press when someone says something that isn't on the card in front of you, and people who don't agree with you have just as much right to argue their own belief tongue.gif

On a sidenote, what Diest said was factually correct; Eden is mentioned only in Genesis; it is nowhere else actually refered to as any historical location tongue.gif Therefore I think his observation of it is a pretty fair statement.

My guess would be that, much like the parables, the story of the Garden of Eden in Genesis is just that; a simple story.

My guess is that it was used to make a point, just a fictional backdrop for the concept of a perfect place.

Everyone knows that Eden, or the Eden project to be correct, is in Cornwall....

Anyway, if it was flooded, could it be Atlantis?

Or could it be Egypt? When the land was lush and tropical?

If we accept the Garden of Eden as factual, then we must also accept Vahalla of the Norse sagas as factual! Americans are a diverse people, we come from many different cultures, all the known races, and many many different religions. Debates such as this assume that the Judeo-Christian religion is the one "true" religion, when there actually exists no factual secular evidence that this is correct. The Buddhists just might have it right, or the Shintos, or the Taoists, or the Deists and to make the statement that someone is a loser just because they don't subscribe to your particular brand of mythology shows the world what a loser YOU are. I personally think that all places like Vahalla, the Garden of Eden, etc; exist in one place only - the holy script of that religion and the minds and hearts of the adherents, no place else! thumbsup.gif

Deist all she asked was a question.

you are the one acting like a 4 year old, not even stopping to consider her beliefs.

your a imature person and should have learned by now that if you have nothing productive to add to a thread (other than holy wars tongue.gif) then you should not even bother posting now leave us so called uneducated christians alone blink.gif

you are the one acting like a 4 year old, not even stopping to consider her beliefs.

Since when does her beliefs take precedence over my beliefs? Does being a Christ Cultist make one superior to Deists, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, or others? I think not! She did not take my beliefs in consideration when she started spewing what to me is pure mythology, so I don't see how I am being immature to point out that calling someone a loser because they do not subscribe to your particular set of beliefs. That action IS the height of immaturity and rudeness.

your a imature person and should have learned by now that if you have nothing productive to add to a thread (other than holy wars ) then you should not even bother posting now leave us so called uneducated christians alone 

Well excuse me if my concept of a productive post does not meet the standards of your belief system. We Deists are taught to question any contention and not to accept something on faith alone (if it requires faith because there is no unbiased scientific proof, then it is no more than a legend/myth/fairy tale), to require those making fantastic claims to provide equally fantastic proof. I will remain steadfast, that Eden is at best an allegory and at worse ancient Hebrew mythology, until substantial proof is offered - After all many Christians believe that the Garden of Eden is only an allegory! As for leaving you so-called uneducated christians alone, that particular knife cuts both ways, you get what you give. devil.gif

lol get used to it. It's better to believe in fairies than God here. rolleyes.gif

Christian Bashing never gets old I guess. Won't be long before we're hunted down like dogs so may as well get used to this... it's nothing compared to what the end times will be like.

And my opinion is Eden location is in Iraq and the flood covered it up.

Deist all she asked was a question.

your a imature person and should have learned by now that if you have nothing productive to add to a thread (other than holy wars tongue.gif) then you should not even bother posting now leave us so called uneducated christians alone blink.gif

Student, I think you may want to read some of the other threads that Nxt2Hvn has started to see where all of this is coming from, there is more to it than just this thread...

Some people are getting a bit more sensitive the the religious posts that have been popping up lately. With reason too... wink2.gif

Geesh... you people sure do take things personally... I didn't mean to call anybody a LOSER.... so sorry to offend your delicate egos.

I was just trying to make light of it... I was actually interested in what you guys were saying... I just kind of make a joke out of everything.... I forget most people are not as easy going as I am .... this forum is all in fun... nobody will DIE or be demoted if you don't agree with certain things here. But I will be sure to walk on egg shells from now on here thumbsup.gif

And PsychicPenguin... what does being blonde have to do with anything?... you seem to be a person that bases everything on facts.. show me where being blonde makes someone unintelligent...

And Seraphina... awwww you called me pretty....