Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

so many UFOS at water reservoirs?

Bizarro

The one UFO I witnessed was over a water reservoir(ie. drinking supply) of my hometown.  Here is a link to the topic I posted about my sighting:  http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ufo;action=display;num=989004574;start=On a hunch, I looked up UFO and water reservoir and found several other instances of UFOs being over drinking water reservoirs.  What is even more creepy is that I witnessed a red globe come out of the bottom of the craft and went into the lake- then i found this from another UFO sighting over a New York reservoir:

"The object also seemed to be interested in bodies of water. One observer watched the UFO over Croton Falls Reservoir where it seemed to use a red beam to probe the surface"

and this from another sighting at a New Jersey reservoir:

Spencer and reservoir employee Fred Steines raced to the top of the 1,500-foot long Raymond Dam where they described seeing "a bolt of light shoot down, as if attracted to the water...like a beam emitted from a porthole."

This is freaking me out.  I have found many other stories of sightings at water reservoirs- just do a google search for yourself and you will see for yourself.  

The question I have is, what are they doing at our drinking supplies?  Something strange is definitely going on here.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• Loonboy

• Pale_Horse

• cerberus

[blue]Maybe they were thirsty? Eliminate the obvious first. lol.  :s1

Maybe they have needs for freshwater the same as we do. I don't believe any life form on Earth can survive without some form of water. Even those little red and white things hanging around deep sea hot vents need water, if not the sunlight.

[/blue] :sr

I remember reading on the web somewhere that water may be needed for the UFO's propultion and navigation systems.  I'll look for the link and post it if I can find it again!

If a craft used Nuclear Fusion to power it, then water would be an ideal fuel source.

Either that or as Loonboy said, maybe they simply got a bit thirsty on their way to Mars.  ;D

yes, maybe they need water but that doesnt answer the question of why they go to reservoirs to get it?  these are all municipal water supplies, not just lakes.  wouldnt a lake be as good a source of water?  or the ocean?  i believe there is something here, it is just too much of a coincidence.  

[blue]The very nature of a Ufo sighting is ambiguous at best. To one person the Ufo might appear as if it's over a certain location; to another from a different angle it's over somewhere else. Plus, how can you say that there is a particular preponderance of Ufo sightings over reservoirs? Where is the evidence? Details please, lol.

[/blue]

:s06

I thought that I heard from one of my old DNR (Dept. of Natural Resources) friend that sometimes reservoirs have crushed limestone added to them.  That would make the composition of a fresh-water lake and a reservoir very different.  Can anybody confirm this? ???

Loonboy-

i opened this topic with 2 examples of UFOs above reservoirs in which there was observed some kind of interaction with the water.  i also stated that the UFO i witnessed was at a lake which is the reservoir for my town and i too saw a red globe going into the water.  are you telling me that i didnt see this?  i tend to believe these examples and i think its very strange how a UFO ends up near a water reservoir, instead of just a lake or swamp.  i have looked up +UFO +water +reservoir on google and was astonished at the number of UFO sightings at reservoirs.  if you want details, i would advise you to do the same :)

DSchwartz,

"......these are all municipal water supplies, not just lakes.  wouldn't a lake be as good a source of water?  or the ocean?" Of course they would, that's probably why you see 10 times as many 'sightings' of UFO's appearing over lakes and oceans as you do reservoirs. I'm curious about one thing though, if an alien needed water, what would he care where it came from? Water is water, right? To be an alien means you are supposedly unfamiliar with the area you are exploring, how are they supposed to know what body of water is designated as a reservoir, without first contacting the local authorities? I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but do you get the point?

You mention that you are concerned about these sightings and the apparent 'interaction' between the UFO's and the water supplies. Why is that? You said your experience occurred in the mid 1980's, plenty of time for strange and inexplicable physical and/or mental abnormalities to begin manifesting itself among the population, don't you agree?  Absent any revelations detailing aberrant medical conditions attributed to a tainted water supply in you area, your apprehension about coincidences would seem misplaced and ill advised.

I don't presume to speak for LB, but it seems to me he was just commenting on the ambiguous nature of UFO reports in general. The majority of them are unsubstantiated and poorly documented, and the credibility of the claim is largely dependent on the reliability of the witnesses involved. Different people will have differing perceptions, influenced by a multitude of factors. The authenticity of the report is therefore somewhat suspect, as verification is unattainable in almost every instance, as is any kind of viable, physical evidence. Therein lies the ambiguity. Nothing against you personally, the very nature of these reports is their inherent weakness, lack of unimpeachable support.

Magikman  :sg

i dont know if alien UFO's are real, and or why they would want to inspect water reservoirs.who knows? perhaps they were just thirsty! :sj :sa

all i said is something strange is going on.  i noticed a trend in the sighting i had and others like it.  

who knows why a UFO would be interested in reservoirs?  i never stated that i thought they were poisoning or altering our water.  if these were creatures from outer space, i would be very afraid.  i prefer to believe that they are men from the future, or even god, trying to effect influence upon us.  

i will say this- the UFO i witnessed seemed set upon visiting the spot i was sitting.  i know there are much bigger lakes around town than Lake Purdy, but i believe it was chosen for some reason i dont understand.  thus, i created a topic on it for suggestions.

[blue]D Schwartz, no need to get offended.

My point is that: there are a multitude of Ufo sightings every year and their locations are almost over or near every sort of terrain/feature/building we have on Earth. Yes, you presented two examples plus your own, but three does not make a preponderance. And yes, I could very well go into Google and find links between Ufos and Water but a Googlesearch, however useful it might be, does not accurate and statistical proof make.

I agree that it may be a matter worth looking into more, hence my request for more information.

I was not disputing the possibility nor was I saying that you did not see what you said you saw.

[/blue]

:s9

In that case,  why don't they go for a big

chocolate milk shake?   ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember watching an Aussie Documentary where a guy witnessed a UFO over a lake... he said that it seemed as if it was drawing the water UP into it.