Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blanket Pulling entity?

confusion101

IV read a few similar stores about my experiences in the last 6 months on the internet and on this site.

I just discovered this site and was soo intrigued and interested even so much i got so giddy and anxious to read everything i could that it made me had to take a real wicked sh**. Sometimes that happens when i get really into something... or maybe the chineese food i hate last night is taking its toll now. anyways...

SO now that im unloaded and ready i think ill share a few of my experiences with whom ever is interested.

Just to add i already typed this all out and then randomly my web browser went back.. as if someone clicked the back button with the mouse.. really weird and frustrating, but im gonna try typing it out again so bare with me.

About 3 or 4 months ago, i was sleeping and partially still awake, i was under my blanket with it pulled up to my chin as i always do. and still being partically awake trying to get to sleep i felt the blanket slide Downwards toward my feet, a few inches. i thought maybe my feet got caught and i just pulled it down or maybe the blanket was sliding off the end of the bed. thought nothing of it, and pulled the blanket up. Immediately about 5 seconds after i did that i felt the blanket slide even harder and further about 6 inches down. I was so tired, but this freaked me out i just kept my eyes closed and went to sleep thinking nothing of it, but in the back of my mind i knew something bizarre had just happened.

Fast forward a month or two, i moved my bed into the other corner. ( before it was in a corner where the end with my head was in the corner) i now moved my bed into another corner as where one side of the matress and the end where my feet point were up against the corner of the wall.

i did this to help prevent any future occurances of my blanket sliding downwards. ( maybe it was a bad idea).

Anyways so im sleeping, and im awoken from having a bad dream something about applying for a new job and i couldnt get it, blah blah, not important.

SO i woke up. As i woke up, the first direction my eyes were starting towards was the Upper corner of the room right above my TV. and i swear i seen some type of swirling moving dark mass/matter at first i thought it was a face, tried to stare harder but it was dark but i could still see something darker floating above my tv. i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me and just ttried to go back to sleep.

Immediately after shutting my eyes, i felt my blanket being pulled upwards in the motion of being pulled up over my face.

As if something was standing at the head of my bed ( where my head is ) and trying to pull the blanket over my face.

I felt the blanket move a few inches as i was sitll half asleep-half awake.. i felt it move a few inches and i woke up again, thinking what the hell.

I thought maybe the blanket was sliding off the bed, but then i quickly realized theres no way it could be sliding upwards towards my face.

And then IMMEDIATELY, after waking up and realizing my blanket just moved, while my eyes were open and everything. I felt the blanket pulled!! and tugged on HARD. like a quick simple JERK/tug of the blanket as if someone was trying to pull the blanket over my HEAD again, but it was being caught on my neck/chin as if trying to choke me out or something, and i felt it so good, like it was a fairly strong jerk/tug of the blanket. and i was soo awake during this , it was soo real, it freaked me out so badly, i just kicked the blanket off my self so fast, flairing my arms and legs up in the air, swinging my firsts into the air, swearing and yelling , jumped up and hit the lights, and nothing was there.

I didnt get back to sleep that night, and as i still type this out, and as i still think about that night, my eyes get watery and its just really weird. and freaks me out.

im 24, im not a young little easily scared kid. but i know what happened was real, i just dont know why or what caused it.

And its only happened in the last 6 months , which i cant understand. I havnt done anyone any wrong or harm , i havnt even had a relationship or have been laid so i dont know where this negative energy is coming from.

I also read a few similar experiences witht he blanket by others around the internet.

And i have also read stories about waking up with werid scratches.

And in the last 6 months i havnt woken up and the day later or next morning, i randomly find these weird scratches randomly always on my body. once on my arm.

But they are ALWAYS the same exactly the same color, width , sometimes theres 2 or 3 of them, in no specific pattern. and once i even had a really LONG one on my lower back, extending around my body like where my love handles are, on your flabby sides of my stomache.

but they are just really thin chicken scratches or something.

And sometimes im a fairly heavy sleeper, sometimes im a Light sleeper so i would think of an animal was scratching me which i cant understand how .. but i would of woken up. even if i scrtached my self, which i cant understand how?

i purposely made a hangnail and tried scrtaching my self, and there was no way i could of scratched my self in that manner.

Anyways i dont know if its Ghosts or demons or weird entities or whatever other words a guy can use to describe who or what might be causing these.

I just want to eventually find some kinda of disclosure or truth or answer about these weird experiences.

I would just replied to some other thread.

But frankly i havnt heard of anyone who EXPERIENCES BOTH OF these.

blanket pullings, and weird random scratches.

and i can only guess the scratch on my back was from sleeping on my stomache and maybe something was trying to warn me or wake me up? i dont know. but they are allways really thin scratches like i read described in another thread as if someone draggged a needle on your skin and made a thin little scratch like that, its very BIzarre.

Anyways thats my experience if i think of anything more ill be sure to add.

Thanks for reading and if you have any thoughts or oppinions please feel free to share.

-Jayce.

I used to live in a house where this nice old dude would pull the blanket back over me if it came off.

Maybe a mouse under the covers? Thathappened to my aunt once.. right before her 2nd heart attack when she found out it WAS a mouse. It could be a ghost though-- trying leaving a tape recorder on while you sleep-- you may pick up something.

You could have an incubus/succubus trying to have sex with you wich would be very uncool.

Or maybe you home has a Domovoi in your home warning you of something?

You could have an incubus/succubus trying to have sex with you wich would be very uncool.

Or maybe you home has a Domovoi in your home warning you of something?

Uh....I heard this from the show 'A haunting'. A Boy got weird scratches. So..I think You may have a Poltergeist, is the supposed ghost doing anything harmful?

Edit: Is it doing anything harmful other than the Scratches

Edited by Chickens

• 7 years later...

Boozhoo, I am a 41 year old (Native American) Anishinabe women now living in MN. The point is because I have a strong spiritual connection to my cultural ways and beliefs.

Now getting to the point of my reply to your account of the " blanket pulling entity".

This is the first time I have searched anywhere or communicated to inguire about this experience.

Your it, my first read.

Here's my first account as well.

I was in CA moving in with my boyfriend, and staying the night at his house without him because he was a firefighter and worked overnights. He had two Rotweillers (spelling?) Who helped me previously check the house at night for intruders or basically anything that they had a response to. They made me feel safe.

In the morning before I was awake, it was bright and sunny in the room, I was woken up to a tugging feeling at the base of the bed where my feet point. I was not ready to become fully awake and must have grabbed the top of my blankets with both hands, thus beginning the struggle, again the covers were being pulled in a continuous motion down from the bed. I held on and struggled awake realizing what happened, and jerked up to see what was doing it. Remembering how hard I held on at the end. I called the dogs in I checked the bed area of course, nothing.

I will check into this topic more, but your account was the first and only one I have read.

We have one pecuilar thing in common, I was 24 years of age at the time.

I have always puled my covers over my shoulders and held on when sleeping.

My idea at this time and age is possibly I did stop breathing as I was sleeping on my back, and I was awakened by a gaurdian spirit. Or, a spirit was just playing mischief?

I will seek out more.

Miigwech!!!

I will be checking this experience out with other things and the like, but your account was my first read on our experience.

Edited by elaynac

IV read a few similar stores about my experiences in the last 6 months on the internet and on this site.

I just discovered this site and was soo intrigued and interested even so much i got so giddy and anxious to read everything i could that it made me had to take a real wicked sh**. Sometimes that happens when i get really into something... or maybe the chineese food i hate last night is taking its toll now. anyways...

SO now that im unloaded and ready i think ill share a few of my experiences with whom ever is interested.

Just to add i already typed this all out and then randomly my web browser went back.. as if someone clicked the back button with the mouse.. really weird and frustrating, but im gonna try typing it out again so bare with me.

About 3 or 4 months ago, i was sleeping and partially still awake, i was under my blanket with it pulled up to my chin as i always do. and still being partically awake trying to get to sleep i felt the blanket slide Downwards toward my feet, a few inches. i thought maybe my feet got caught and i just pulled it down or maybe the blanket was sliding off the end of the bed. thought nothing of it, and pulled the blanket up. Immediately about 5 seconds after i did that i felt the blanket slide even harder and further about 6 inches down. I was so tired, but this freaked me out i just kept my eyes closed and went to sleep thinking nothing of it, but in the back of my mind i knew something bizarre had just happened.

Fast forward a month or two, i moved my bed into the other corner. ( before it was in a corner where the end with my head was in the corner) i now moved my bed into another corner as where one side of the matress and the end where my feet point were up against the corner of the wall.

i did this to help prevent any future occurances of my blanket sliding downwards. ( maybe it was a bad idea).

Anyways so im sleeping, and im awoken from having a bad dream something about applying for a new job and i couldnt get it, blah blah, not important.

SO i woke up. As i woke up, the first direction my eyes were starting towards was the Upper corner of the room right above my TV. and i swear i seen some type of swirling moving dark mass/matter at first i thought it was a face, tried to stare harder but it was dark but i could still see something darker floating above my tv. i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me and just ttried to go back to sleep.

Immediately after shutting my eyes, i felt my blanket being pulled upwards in the motion of being pulled up over my face.

As if something was standing at the head of my bed ( where my head is ) and trying to pull the blanket over my face.

I felt the blanket move a few inches as i was sitll half asleep-half awake.. i felt it move a few inches and i woke up again, thinking what the hell.

I thought maybe the blanket was sliding off the bed, but then i quickly realized theres no way it could be sliding upwards towards my face.

And then IMMEDIATELY, after waking up and realizing my blanket just moved, while my eyes were open and everything. I felt the blanket pulled!! and tugged on HARD. like a quick simple JERK/tug of the blanket as if someone was trying to pull the blanket over my HEAD again, but it was being caught on my neck/chin as if trying to choke me out or something, and i felt it so good, like it was a fairly strong jerk/tug of the blanket. and i was soo awake during this , it was soo real, it freaked me out so badly, i just kicked the blanket off my self so fast, flairing my arms and legs up in the air, swinging my firsts into the air, swearing and yelling , jumped up and hit the lights, and nothing was there.

I didnt get back to sleep that night, and as i still type this out, and as i still think about that night, my eyes get watery and its just really weird. and freaks me out.

im 24, im not a young little easily scared kid. but i know what happened was real, i just dont know why or what caused it.

And its only happened in the last 6 months , which i cant understand. I havnt done anyone any wrong or harm , i havnt even had a relationship or have been laid so i dont know where this negative energy is coming from.

I also read a few similar experiences witht he blanket by others around the internet.

And i have also read stories about waking up with werid scratches.

And in the last 6 months i havnt woken up and the day later or next morning, i randomly find these weird scratches randomly always on my body. once on my arm.

But they are ALWAYS the same exactly the same color, width , sometimes theres 2 or 3 of them, in no specific pattern. and once i even had a really LONG one on my lower back, extending around my body like where my love handles are, on your flabby sides of my stomache.

but they are just really thin chicken scratches or something.

And sometimes im a fairly heavy sleeper, sometimes im a Light sleeper so i would think of an animal was scratching me which i cant understand how .. but i would of woken up. even if i scrtached my self, which i cant understand how?

i purposely made a hangnail and tried scrtaching my self, and there was no way i could of scratched my self in that manner.

Anyways i dont know if its Ghosts or demons or weird entities or whatever other words a guy can use to describe who or what might be causing these.

I just want to eventually find some kinda of disclosure or truth or answer about these weird experiences.

I would just replied to some other thread.

But frankly i havnt heard of anyone who EXPERIENCES BOTH OF these.

blanket pullings, and weird random scratches.

and i can only guess the scratch on my back was from sleeping on my stomache and maybe something was trying to warn me or wake me up? i dont know. but they are allways really thin scratches like i read described in another thread as if someone draggged a needle on your skin and made a thin little scratch like that, its very BIzarre.

Anyways thats my experience if i think of anything more ill be sure to add.

Thanks for reading and if you have any thoughts or oppinions please feel free to share.

-Jayce.

You mention several times in the original post that you were "partially awake" or "waking up from a bad dream". Our brains tend to take a few minutes to fully wake up, so if the pulling motion has only ever happened immediately after waking up, or while falling asleep, I'd be willing to wager that it is nothing more than your imagination/dreams. Or, conversely, you're pulling the sheets down with your feet and your half-awake brain isn't dealing with it very well.

The scratches are more curious, however, and I don't have a ready explanation. Perhaps you're scratching yourself in your sleep? I know I've had scratches appear on me before, but it's usually just my having scratched myself while asleep and not realizing it. Are they deep? Do they bleed? Why don't you upload a picture of some of them; I did enough biology in university to (probably) be able to tell if they're human scratches or animal scratches, and I'm sure many others on here could do the same.

• Like 1

Boozhoo, I am a 41 year old (Native American) Anishinabe women now living in MN. The point is because I have a strong spiritual connection to my cultural ways and beliefs.

Now getting to the point of my reply to your account of the " blanket pulling entity".

This is the first time I have searched anywhere or communicated to inguire about this experience.

Your it, my first read.

Here's my first account as well.

I was in CA moving in with my boyfriend, and staying the night at his house without him because he was a firefighter and worked overnights. He had two Rotweillers (spelling?) Who helped me previously check the house at night for intruders or basically anything that they had a response to. They made me feel safe.

In the morning before I was awake, it was bright and sunny in the room, I was woken up to a tugging feeling at the base of the bed where my feet point. I was not ready to become fully awake and must have grabbed the top of my blankets with both hands, thus beginning the struggle, again the covers were being pulled in a continuous motion down from the bed. I held on and struggled awake realizing what happened, and jerked up to see what was doing it. Remembering how hard I held on at the end. I called the dogs in I checked the bed area of course, nothing.

I will check into this topic more, but your account was the first and only one I have read.

We have one pecuilar thing in common, I was 24 years of age at the time.

I have always puled my covers over my shoulders and held on when sleeping.

My idea at this time and age is possibly I did stop breathing as I was sleeping on my back, and I was awakened by a gaurdian spirit. Or, a spirit was just playing mischief?

I will seek out more.

Miigwech!!!

I will be checking this experience out with other things and the like, but your account was my first read on our experience.

I hate to point out the obvious, but have you ruled out the possibility of this having been done by one of your dogs? Rottweilers tend to be very big and very strong, and when they're not trained to be aggressive, they're notorious pranksters. One of the dogs would have the strength and the motive to try to wake you up, especially if the sun was up and it was ready to play.

Guys? This thread is from 2008.

Hope she got that all sorted. I think it sounds like a spouse stealing covers :yes:

2008? Aw well. I didn't notice that at all. Thanks for pointing it out, aquatus.

• 10 months later...

I have had the same things happen to me twice,once 2 years ago and just last week it happened again in the same house. I been living here 5 years and this scares the crap out of me. I don't scare easily at all but, my blanket being pulled over my face and it feels like someone is crawling into bed with me is way to much. I have had my house blessed by 2 different pastors and still nothing has worked. I'm a firm believer in God, I just want whatever this is to leave. I'm not a cruel or mean person at all, I feel like my best option might be to move out.

• 1 year later...

I  currently suffer this and have done for so long now and i am terrified to even go to sleep, i am not paranoid  because all this is happening to me while i am awake, first i feel like my bed is bumped into, then something gets onto my bed and i'm way too scared to look, other times it actually forcibly pulls my duvet off me, this is not dreaming and has  been happening for years, at one stage it lay right next to me i had my back facing to whatever it is and i swear to god i was  frozen, i couldn't scream. my room was freezing and  the feeling i had was if i looked at it my soul would be taken. This is not normal anything and i am at the breaking point with all of it. Incidently when it first started to happen, we took photos  around the house for a decoration plan as it happened, and on these photos was a orb, and just to make sure it wasn't a faulty camera or dirt we used a brand new camera we purchased because of what we saw in photos and this camera did exactly the same thing, i do not believe in coincidences with 2 different cameras.

I wish to take up to date photos but am too scared to even move, i would even record in my room but im  terrified of what it might reveal it is bad enough as it is. I will attempt to place 1 photo here i cant find the others at the moment i have a feeling they are on another computer which will not start up. 

orb 1.png

Edited by rosabelle

I would suggest you research hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucinations and sleep paralysis. 

Your orb is dust. The user manuals now come with explanations as to what causes "orbs"

Edited by SecretSanta
Typo

considering i am wide awake when these things happen and am watching tv or reading a book i doubt very much it is sleep paralysis, also i have dogs who will not even enter my bedroom their fur stands up and they bark at something they see and i cannot see but no force on earth can make them enter my room, so  i do not think i need hallucination info either because all said and done  i doubt my dogs would hallucinate all at the same time :) and no the orb is not dust i assure you, others have taken photos after making sure their cameras are clean taking  all precautions and yet have orbs on photos , also dust will fall down i'm told by experts and not travel across a room, its the same with my living room  we dare not enter that at night, always feels like someone is waiting, i had some guests who stayed and they experienced something and will not enter my home ever again so i think there is more to this.

Unless you live in a hermetically sealed environment you will have dust particles in the air, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Your experts are wrong about the dust but whatever. You apparently don't want a rational answer. Take care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rosabelle said:

no the orb is not dust i assure you, others have taken photos after making sure their cameras are clean taking  all precautions and yet have orbs on photos , also dust will fall down i'm told by experts..

Hogwash.  VERY obviously it's not the camera being clean that is the issue - you've never seen floating dust?  What do you think a nearby, out of focus, flash/led illuminated bit of dust will look like? (Hint, look at the picture you supplied - that is what it looks like.  If you have spoken to anyone about that (which I doubt), they are NOT experts.

Anyway, let us know the results of the professional medical help you seek in regard to your extreme anxiety..  

• Like 1

Errrmmmm  ..... I dunnno   you guys , if I woke up in the morning and 

orb 1.png

a thread had come out of my sheets to coil up on the bed cover so it spelled the word ' orb '  and made an arrow .... and then  ... when I took a photo of that  it   ' just happened to '  be pointing at an   orby dust mote  .....   I'd be a little disturbed !  :o

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

For blanket pulling and random scratches...do the LBRP. Should bring you around to balance again. 

nasty pieces of people is all i can say if that is your attitude, this is a genuine  photo  i added the arrow to point the orb out  i admit, but if dogs are barking and hair  is standing up and they will not enter the room does not mean thse things are not happening, also i took no flash photos and neither did anyone else its a well lit room and it would show that if the full image was allowed here but it isnt they have a size limit,  Lastly  your claiming different cameras  all shot dust in various parts of my house?  i have only stated a few things that have happened, so if books fly across a room tthen the same said dust must be throwing them i guess and if toilets flush all on their own then dust must be doing that too woe dust must be very damn strong to do all that  derrrrrrr oh and  the chairs in the kitchen that are all pushed under a table every day end up on top of the table the next morning i guess dust must be getting a pretty good work out, many many tings happen in my home,  i just wanted to point out the things happening in my bedroom because that is so terifying and it is not always sleep paralysis  that is taking place with people.

Edited by rosabelle

On 16/02/2017 at 7:30 PM, rosabelle said:

nasty pieces of people is all i can say

Funny how it was you who started with the ad hominems...

if that is your attitude, this is a genuine  photo  i added the arrow to point the orb out

Not one person disputed that is/was a 'real' photo'.  You were given simple, easily proven and well-known explanations for your orb, and you did not acknowledge that in any sensible way, instead seeming to claim that your house has no dust particles - see below.

if dogs are barking and hair  is standing up and they will not enter the room does not mean these things are not happening

Dogs will often do that if there is a smell or sound that they can detect that you can't.  You may have a malfunctioning electronic device that is emitting a horrific highpitch sound that you can't hear...

An open minded person will think of all the mundane possibilities first.

also i took no flash photos and neither did anyone else its a well lit room

Well lit room????? :D  Are you looking at a different photo..?  It might not be a flash, it could be a focus illuminator, or even a light behind the position where it was taken.  If you post the original file, we can verify this.

and it would show that if the full image was allowed here but it isnt they have a size limit

I'm guessing you don't have imaging literate folks in your family/friends?  If you really want this taken seriously, get someone to help you save the original file somewhere and then supply a link.  If you have no such person, drop by your nearest computer store, and take the camera/phone.  It will take about 5 minutes to do it and tell you how to give us the link.  There's a lot of information we can get from that original, uncropped, unedited file...  If you are not willing to do that.. I think we will know why you are putting on this 'outraged' act, so you can avoid backing up these stories..

Lastly  your claiming different cameras  all shot dust in various parts of my house?

Yes, it's a common effect.  But by all means show us those (original unedited) images too - I'm betting they were taken on similar small sensor cameras, probably phone cameras.  They are the worst offenders for this effect.

Or are you now telling us that you have no dust in your rooms? :D   Borrow a laser pointer and use it in a dark room - what do you think all those little sparkles are???

i have only stated a few things that have happened, so if books fly across a room tthen the same said dust must be throwing them i guess

For a very small fee you can set up a simple security camera - or if you can't afford that even a basic laptop or tablet can do it for free - just ask and we'll tell you how to set it up.  Then, you come on back with the footage of the flying books and moving chairs...  The fact you didn't mention all this other stuff earlier, and it appears you haven't done anything to date to capture it....?  Well, there's an obvious implication...  I shall be delighted to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LostSouls7 said:

This sounds like ghosts or demons.

Hire me, and i will send them straight to my Evil Jar!

Your evil jar must be full by now or at least pretty crowded. :D

• Like 1