Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychokinetic Abilities

drakonwick

I want to learn about the psions on here. This topic is for you!

I will no longer go about being so skeptical anymore towards these kind of topics, I will only ask questions as to where you are coming from.

So, lets have a go, let me here some of your stories.

Regards,

Tom

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drakonwick

• Superman

• Nik Xues

• Twerd_Commando

Read the post above yours.

Twerd_Commando

post Today, 06:08 PM

Post #1

I'm new to practicing Psionics but I've been reading about the paranormal since I was in 3rd Grade. I'm 15 years old, so if you don't believe me, it's quite understandable. In the past month, I was able to turn my T.V. just by thinking about it but this would happen when I'm really p***ed off or if I was waking up in the middle of the night (midnight-4:30 a.m.). After It kept happening alot, I decided to tell my parents and the Church I go to. My parents were very worried but my mother found out about children and people called "Indigo", "Star", and "Rainbow" children, while my Church thought I was meddling in something beyond myself. I argued with all of them about the passage from the Bible "Do not be afraid my children, for soon you will be able to do things far ahead as I" (Jesus) or something like that. Other then this "experience", I have had other "experiences" as well (Precognition, O.B.E., Chronokenetics, etc.). For some reason, I can fix any electronic device in my house but I can't keep one for less than 3 months without it suddenly breaking (Clocks, watches, cellphone, mp3, etc.). Can anyone explain these things to me?

I'm not to sure it is strange! Personally, all this seems to tie into you maybe having a higher electric frequency than normal in you're body.

I'm not to sure it is strange! Personally, all this seems to tie into you maybe having a higher electric frequency than normal in you're body.

Could you explain that for me?

Could you explain that for me?

I'm not sure how really! I will only try to elaborate by saying that electrical devices tend to act strange when some people are around them.

Possibly an electrochemical imbalance, or possibly you're body might tend to hold a bit more of an electrical charge.

Regards,

Tom

im not sure if this counts

my experiences are weaker and more constant than most people claiming psychic abilities.

i was elictricuted by my cousins nintendo twice. ever since i can sense fluxes in electric fields. lights flicker when the tv is turned on [normal i know] but no one ever notices but me. the constant hum of all electrical items. and i can guess where lightning will strike from during storms.

now the more norm psychic abilities.

i see small events to come like say lv 5 of my new game or what i will see in class in one weeks time. the vision is crystal clear and from my eyes always. when the said event occurs it is accompanied half way thru by deja vu but its because of the dream that i remember.

and oddly enough other people in the vision get deja vu as well

i guess this is telepathy and very frequent in my house when my mother is involved. i hear someone call me [usually mom] but when i arrive at their side they tell me they didnt call but were thinkin of it [chore alert?] but didnot want to bug me. and then smile and say well since your here now.

i assume my gifts are inherited by my mother whose strength way greater. as a child she saw the death of her baby sister, an uncle/cousin[not sure], and her grandfather.

she has on several occasions responded to the very words people have thought.

my siblings dont seem to notice or show these gifts but i beleive that it may be an actual blood trait tied back to our celtic roots where stories of the faye [women with similar powers] also come from.

I'm not sure how really! I will only try to elaborate by saying that electrical devices tend to act strange when some people are around them.

Possibly an electrochemical imbalance, or possibly you're body might tend to hold a bit more of an electrical charge.

Regards,

Tom

That's not too far off. I work with EMF (Electro Magnetic Field) detectors a lot. And I generally cannot use them because my own field causes disturbance. Someone in my group would use an EMF detector around me and it would go off whenever they pointed it at me/around me (Even at the lowest sensitivity level) so, I'm not allowed around the emf detector when they're using it to get base levels/spikes in EMF's. (While everyone else in the group doesn't cause the meter to even budge.)

But I've been also known to interfere with electronics. Especially cellphones. I've gone through so many cellphones that have just one day decided not to work. I can also walk under certain lights (especially street lights) and have them turn off, as well.

I wouldn't say any of this is from some 'metaphysical' talent. Just a stronger field than the norm. I've met a few people that has this kind of effect on electronics. Some that have had a stronger adverse affect on electronics than myself.

-Akaebeel

Edited by Akaebeel

That's not too far off. I work with EMF (Electro Magnetic Field) detectors a lot. And I generally cannot use them because my own field causes disturbance. Someone in my group would use an EMF detector around me and it would go off whenever they pointed it at me/around me (Even at the lowest sensitivity level) so, I'm not allowed around the emf detector when they're using it to get base levels/spikes in EMF's. (While everyone else in the group doesn't cause the meter to even budge.)

But I've been also known to interfere with electronics. Especially cellphones. I've gone through so many cellphones that have just one day decided not to work. I can also walk under certain lights (especially street lights) and have them turn off, as well.

I wouldn't say any of this is from some 'metaphysical' talent. Just a stronger field than the norm. I've met a few people that has this kind of effect on electronics. Some that have had a stronger adverse affect on electronics than myself.

-Akaebeel

-Akaebeel

This is exactly what I was trying to explain! So, thank you. :tu:

I'm not sure if there really is an actual term for this either! But, it is interesting to say in the least.

Regards,

Tom

Regards,

Tom

But this is when I have a problem with your conclusion. Everything else, other then my T.V., happens from beyond my control. My T.V. was the only thing that I would say or think "ON" and it turned on. What are the chances of that happening seven out of seven times that I've said that? Of course, granted I was waking up in the middle of the night when I would do this. And no, I wasn't dreaming this. Two of the times that this happened to, my mom would come into my room with me up and out of my bed to go turn it off.

This is exactly what I was trying to explain! So, thank you. :tu:

I'm not sure if there really is an actual term for this either! But, it is interesting to say in the least.

Regards,

Tom

There is a name for it . It is SLIders. part of that word meaning Street Light Interference . because it often occurred when people walked beneath street lights :)

Find more info on this Here

Edited by spiritual_soul79

EM spikes are like muscles

you know [phisically] how to do that. but you need time to learn mentally.

There is a name for it . It is SLIders. part of that word meaning Street Light Interference . because it often occurred when people walked beneath street lights :)

"Sliders" eh? That's a wholly unattractive title to have. Slider Akaebeel. But then again, it brings up memories of a Fast Food franchise on the east coast of the United States called White Castle, and many people called their hamburgers "Sliders" for the after effect of eating them. ;)

But I wind up turning off a lot of lights by walking under them/near them. Street lights being more sensitive to me. I just put it off as an affect of my magnetic personality.

-Akaebeel

"Sliders" eh? That's a wholly unattractive title to have. Slider Akaebeel. But then again, it brings up memories of a Fast Food franchise on the east coast of the United States called White Castle, and many people called their hamburgers "Sliders" for the after effect of eating them. ;)

But I wind up turning off a lot of lights by walking under them/near them. Street lights being more sensitive to me. I just put it off as an affect of my magnetic personality.

-Akaebeel

LOL them must have been some great burgers ........ not .

I do it too . happens a lot outside with street lights and in my kitchen everything blows especially the overhead kitchen bulbs . no electrical problems reported in my house at all . Ive had them checked . This was the best explanation presented so far . I thought .

I'll change my name to SSS79 (slider spiritual soul79 ) all the SSSS's. say that when you've had a few too many down the pub LOL ;)

I have read stories on the street lights going out phenomenon! I have read that it is do to when the bulb starts to run out of life it heats

up and then goes out again, and eventually just goes out. It's just coincidence that someone happens to be around a street light that is doing

this.

But, it still does not pan out for all the occurrences, I've seen a video where they were testing a guy, and when he walked down the street

every light he went under would flicker or go out and then come back on after he passed under it. But, it could have all been set up to happen

the way it did for all I know! It was indeed interesting though.

Regards,

Tom

I've seen a video where they were testing a guy, and when he walked down the street

every light he went under would flicker or go out and then come back on after he passed under it. But, it could have all been set up to happen

the way it did for all I know! It was indeed interesting though.

Regards,

Tom

Possibly it could of been rigged and faked. But, I would have to question why someone would go through all that work for a whole 12 seconds of internet (assuming it was on the internet) fame.

I used to rationalize that the reason why when I walked under street lamps, they would shut off, was because of any metallic items I had. My watch, glasses, the earring in my left ear, necklace, even light reflecting off of the clothes I was wearing and hitting the light sensor of street light. But that theory of mine was debunked when I was under a street light with no jewelry, no metallic items on me and wearing black dress pants, black shirt and black boots. I had absolutely nothing on me that could reflect light back to the street light. I just walked under it and it shut off. I got in my car after that and after I got down the road a short ways, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the light was back on.

Could it of been a coincidence, yeah sure. But after all I've seen over the years, I stopped believing in coincidences a long time ago. There is a cause for everything.

-Akaebeel

Edit:

Thats not to say I believe the cause for shutting street lights off is 'paranormal' or 'metaphysical.' Just that I do not believe in 'coincidences' and that there has to be something causing these lights to shut off. Even if it's cause I have really shiny hair that reflects light back up to the sensor on the light. It's gotta be something.

Edited by Akaebeel

right sensors

mmmm

possibly the lights are capable of picking up body heat [infrared light].

i say we should right mythbusters to see if they can narrow the cause to a specific external source besides sunlight.

like em or heat, etc.

right sensors

mmmm

i say we should right mythbusters to see if they can narrow the cause to a specific external source besides sunlight.

like em or heat, etc.

I really do not think any person could produce enough body heat to trigger the sensor on a street light. (That is saying that if a street light

actually can be effected by infrared light!)

LOL :lol: Mythbusters might actually take someone up on this myth. (If you can call it a myth!) It is interesting.

Regards,

Tom

• 1 month later...
I want to learn about the psions on here. This topic is for you!

I will no longer go about being so skeptical anymore towards these kind of topics, I will only ask questions as to where you are coming from.

So, lets have a go, let me here some of your stories.

Regards,

Tom

WOW, you used to be a huge skeptic in the past, I can't blame you though.

Well all that you need to know for now is to tear down the walls in you mind, then things will seem easier to swallow. :tu:

Good luck,

tnr

Edited by tnr

WOW, you used to be a huge skeptic in the past, I can't blame you though.

Well all that you need to know for now is to tear down the walls in you mind, then things will seem easier to swallow. :tu:

Good luck,

tnr

Ah yes! The ever so present walls of reality. I will have to agree with you though, not everything is as what it seems to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought that public street lights were either run on timers or set to come on with a photosensor when the light level drops below a certain amount at dusk. Usually the lights with the PIR detectors on them are security lights rather than street lights.

Many streetlights, in the US anyway, also have thermal protection that switches them off when they get too hot, and back on again if it's still dark when they cool off. A person on the street wouldn't affect those sensors, but it does add a certain haphazardness to when the lights switch on and off. A break from the dull on at dusk, off at dawn routine.

Much of low-rent psi is looking at random, quasi-random, or haphazard events and thinking "Hey, I did that!"

Edited by eight bits

SLI happens to me occasionally, and once I did an experiment.

I was on the porch, at night, looking at a streetlight across the street (it was on)

A car drove under it and it turned off, which reminded me of all this and i thought-

"Maybe I can combine my energy with that of a passing car and affect the light."

I did it for a while with about 50% success and then got tired. (I'm no wizard...but there is something)

Many streetlights, in the US anyway, also have thermal protection that switches them off when they get too hot, and back on again if it's still dark when they cool off. A person on the street wouldn't affect those sensors, but it does add a certain haphazardness to when the lights switch on and off. A break from the dull on at dusk, off at dawn routine.

Much of low-rent psi is looking at random, quasi-random, or haphazard events and thinking "Hey, I did that!"

Absolutely - this coupled with confirmation bias, which in this case amounts to remembering the unusual events (street light going off), and forgetting the far more numerous mundane non-events (street lights not going off) which outweigh the unusual events so much as to make them statistically nonsignificant.

I remarked a while ago on a thread about 'electrokinesis' that, since taking part in a discussion about it, I'd noticed far more electrical quirks and foibles around me. The fact is, as I said then, we live in a world packed full of cheaply made, mass-produced electrical and electronic equipment, buzzing, crackling and going wrong all around us. If you 'tune in' to that, as I did having discussed it for a while, you simply stop filtering it out as the random noise it actually is. Link that with a belief, or wish, that you are somehow special, or have a power of some kind, and it's a recipe for statistical illusion.

well the only experience that i can report is aerokinesis. I've had a few instances where in a controlled environment (a room completely closed off with no A.C.) where I could manipulate and create small breezes, and I can manipulate to a much greater degree the air inside my own body (often gas in my G.I. tract or in my lungs) and large bodies of air outside. It seems to have a strong link with my emotions, too, because the winds seem to change and pick up when my moods change.