Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BriandG

Dark Matter?

7 posts in this topic

I was just watching The Universe on The History Channel and tonights show is on dark matter. They state that dark matter is invisible and I think the only way they said they can detect it right now and correct me if i am wrong is with gravitational lens. Now I got to thinking what if dark matter exists in say a 4th dimension. Well if that was the case then we would maybe never be able to see it since we only see in 3 dimensions. Would this make any sense?

According to relativity, time is the 4th dimension. So, dark matter would not exist in the 4th dimension.

I think that dark matter is still within the realm of 3 dimensions. Just because it's invisible doesn't mean it's not in our dimension. There are lots of invisible things we can detect yet they are still within our 3d space.

Yea I got thinking about that this morning and actualy forgot time is considered in the 4th dimension but superstring theroy does alow for more the 4 dimensions if i am correct.

Yes, there are a few theories that allow for more than 4 dimensions but like I said earlier, just because we can't see something doesn't necessarily make it in another dimension.

When scientists do not have a clue and their little equations do not work, they invent things such as dark matter and dark energy. They will never find it.

Well, we know it exists in the same dimensions that we do, we see it's effects on the shape of the universe. Other than that, we really dont know much about it. Perhaps we'll have to find some and perform tests on it.

The only reason dark matter is invisible is because it's in front of a dark background (space). Dark energy is a different ballgame.