Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Dream - Flying and Morphing

The Last Unicorn

Hello again :)

I suppose I'm not exactly asking for an interpretation, but anything you can add would be appreciated, I just wanted to share this dream with someone. It was really enjoyable for the most part.

I sometimes become animals in my dreams. So far they have all been currently non-existant animals. The first was a sabre tooth tiger, I was running away from something, then I morphed and realised I didn't have to run and I chased them instead.

The second time was a unicorn, but I was running away from people hunting me almost, I did manage to escape.

This time it was a unicorn again. As far as I can remember me and my best friend were in a room, we seemed relieved to get there at first but soon we realised something wasn't quite right and that the man in there had trapped us. I managed to escape somehow. I was running on all fours out of the building and towards a forest. As I entered the snow covered forest I realised I was a unicorn. I kept running and running until I got to a cliff type place. I could see beautiful shores below and I wanted to get there. I then wished I could fly. As soon as I did, wings sprouted from my shoulders and I was flying, unsteadily at first. I went higher first of all then gradually flew down to the beach.

When I reached the beach I became human again, I think. I noticed a stunningly beautiful white horse with a really long mane standing in the sea. I called it, and it came to me. Then there were two white horses, they were following me and playing with me.

A couple of other things happened like a lovely old teacher of mine swam passed and we hugged and said hello. Also a friend I fell out with years ago was walking past and she threw me a letter kind of saying sorry.

I must say though, this was one of the lovliest dreams I've ever had. To be a unicorn, run, fly, swim and play with horses in one dream... wow :)

Any comments very welcome!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eight bits

• The Last Unicorn

• AeonsOld

• Truffles

Hello, again, Unicorn.

Lovely dreams.

Sometimes I am reluctant to write about dreams. If the thoughts expressed in dreams could just as well have been put in words, then we wouldn't bother to have dreams in the first place.

You already know what the ocean is, the source of dreams itself, which is another name for you. On that night, the source of you served up memories of cherished people, in love and reconciliation.

And as to how you got from the world of care to the source of bliss, every self-respecting shaman flies between the worlds, doesn't she?

Dream well always.

Thank you so much again Eight.

It makes more sense now when I think about the ocean as my self or subconcious/unconcious. It certainly was a pleasure to fly. I haven't done so for a while in my dreams.. I still have no idea what it means to be a unicorn or a sabre tooth in a dream.. But maybe only I can find out..

Whilst I've created a thread about dreams I'd like to mention a very odd one which has been on my mind recently. When I was in Scotland, staying with my partners family once, I had a dream that I was a nun of sorts. I lived in some sort of church place. My name was Beatrice and there are a few things I remember clearly in that dream. The first was that I had a leather bound book, with the letter B on the cover, I somehow knew it was important to me. I also had a largish coin type object with a picture of a woman on it. Lastly I had an extremely sore throat which I could physically feel.

I told this dream to a friend once, and he typed 'beatrice nun' into google and it came up with 'Beatrice Of Nazareth.' Apparently she was a dutch nun, who became head of a 'Cistercian convent' founded by her father. The odd thing is that each of the sisters had these medallions which paintings of themselves on them. Beatrice was also a visonary poet/writer and kept a journel of her spiritual journey. :huh:

I was quite taken aback! I know absolutely nothing about that period of time, at that location. Everything I know now is through recent research, and had never even heard of this lady. Could I have some connection with her?

Upon half-waking I still felt the sore throat and thought I was coming down with something and the pain had crept into my dream as it sometimes does.. But once I was fully awake and aware again the pain dissapeared.

Edited by The Last Unicorn

That is a powerful dream, too. I do hope that you keep a journal, or at least record the most interesting ones as they come along.

Beatrice is a fascinating woman. Thank you for introducing me to her. And is there a connection between you? There is now :) .

One advantage of journaling is that dreams can easily be compared side-by-side. Your two dreams here, for instance, contrast two styles of religious experience, clerical and shamanic.

Shaman is a funny word, and much silliness has been written about shamanism. I use it in the narrow sense: a part-time mystic who respects animals' spirituality.

Part-time means that a shaman has a secular life. Mystic means someone having direct personal spiritual experience, as opposed to, or in addition to, received dogma or ritual practices. Animals' spirituality is clear enough, I hope.

Without the connection to a particular Beatrice, nuns and shamans would be opposites among religious people. Beatrice of Nazareth, however, is a mystic. So, what might have been an outright opposition seems more like a contrast, an opportunity for comparison.

As to the phantom sore throat thing, if it happened to me, I would see it as follows. The principal effect of a simple sore throat is to prevent a person from communicating in words. (A stronger case could be made than that, but the association of throat and speech is pretty straightforward as symbolic thought goes. It shows up as the throat "chakra" in the kundalini system, for instance.)

There is special irony in that, since Beatrice of Nazareth was the first prose stylist in her own language, Dutch. And of course she used her words to communicate her mystical transports.

The exuberance of your shamanic dream sticks out when it is put side-by-side with your mixed portrait of an orderely clerical style, pleasant and fulfilling for you in some ways, constricted for you in others.

That is not so much an "interpretation" as it is an invitation to a meditation.

In any case, thank you for the chance to wrap my head around these wonderful dreams.

Edited by eight bits

Hmm. Very powerful dream indeed. And some very good comments! I would venture to ask... how long you have had unique powerful dreams? Mine started this way but became more specific as I paid attention and then multiplied into many different types.

I was wondering... your heritage? I always do one certain animal specific to my region. My lineage is from a line of American Indian holy women. So it works different for me. Flying lasted during me teens and then went away to more important messages. Maybe a way of getting me attention. Never have I dreamed of mythical beings. So it is for me.

Some dreams are specific Technicolor telecasts of things that will happen; others are obviously far off and uncertain; sometimes (all my relatives have passed on) visit me and tell me things - they are always right; sometimes even others passed close to my dear friends send messages for them as they aren't listening; other times go into different areas I'd rather not discuss here.

Good luck and grow!

I hate the ~being chased dreams :( Specially when they're reoccuring.

You should keep a journal for sure, they're like mini stories :)

Welcome to the world of dreamstates... ever have serial dreams lasting for years in alternate realities? Like a TV series? It can be quite exhausting.

I was intrigued by your dreams and tempted to make some sort of analysis of them but I think that, for your form of dreaming(intensely symbolic as well as narrative), and your obvious interest in/connection with the symbols them selves, eight bits has offered more educated and knowledgable possibilities than I would.

My dreams are also often symbolic and narrative, and I spend a lot of time looking at the symbolism, but I usually find that for me it s sub conscious interpretations/ reconstructions of a whole heap of data inputs both from the real world and from other dream worlds. With a conscious awareness of such dream symbology, I am more able to construct my own; dream scapes, characters and storylines by conscious utilisation of what I have learned.

You seem to have had a diiffernt form of symbolic dream which requires more profound analysis.

... ever have serial dreams lasting for years in alternate realities? Like a TV series? It can be quite exhausting.

All through my childhood and teenage years, with a clear division in nature and content between those of childhoood and those as a teenager. These were constructed dreamscapes which I put a lot of conscious work into, and also contolled lucid dreams. They were as real (or more so) to me as my real life was, I gradually grew out of the linear narrrative style , but have retained til my mid fifties, the ability to construct and populate controlled lucid dream scapes.

I never found it tiring, but absolutely beautiful and fascinating to be able to live (as youi put it) an ongoing series of stories within my own constructed world (just like a tv series)/ Later I put this to work to create modules, characters etc for an ongoing dungeons and dragons world which my extended family played for several years. Having experienced the online world of warcraft game , i find this the closest real life model to what I did in my dreams, although they were not all populated by orcs and goblins, Some had alien space ships submerged off our local town jetty, while others centred around a haunted house much like maniac mansion but several decades before that game, or concept, were ever invented

Sorry to interject ,but you may see why dreams, and in particular dream symbology and inteerpretation, has long fascinated me.

Hi, Aeons Old and Mr Walker.

Not to stray too far from the OP, but have you checked out

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=116883

Although the dream series there lacks the beauty and spiritual content found here in this thread, there would be real value in hearing from folks like you who have experience with long-term "serial" dreams (continuity among, but not simple recurring, dreams).

I think the poster there mostly needs some reassurance that rich serial dreams happen to others. I anticipate that the subject matter of his dreams may not be your first choice, but he is "weirded out" and is sincerely (I think) trying to reconcile his waking and dreaming lives.