Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human Race in 20 Years

X~File_Agent

34 members have voted

1. 1. Human Race in 20 Years

• Itelligent life found and contacted, flying cars, space travel
    • Still no intelligent life, still driving a pinto, no space travel
    • We all blew each other up!
    • I don't care, because I'll be spending my retirement money
    • X-file you're a freak!

With the way technology is advancing so fast, specially in the computer industry. I see the Human Race quite advanced from now in 20 years. Maybe not space travel yet, but hopefully a better to travel on earth, without pollution.

And of course, that we have been contacted by an intelligent being, and maybe share some technologies. alien.gif

What do you guys think?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• X~File_Agent

• Talon

• Nxt2Hvn

• JLA369

Actually X~File .. I do think you are a freak!!... But in a good way! thumbsup.gif

It scares me to think what the Human Race will be in 20 years.... maybe ... there will be mutants... like in X-Men...

or maybe earth will be gone and we will all live in space....

or what would be really cool... is if we all flew our cars instead of driving them... tongue.gif

Too many ways it could go.... interesting thought to ponder... I will consult my crystal ball!

(I actually have one... use to be my grandmother's .. who was a fortune teller and advisor)

Thanks for the complement. I was wondering how many people would answer that I was a freak blink.gif

Good luck with the crystal ball, maybe you could tell me if me dad damned me, and I'm going to loose my hair. wacko.gif

It scares me to think what the Human Race will be in 20 years.... maybe ... there will be mutants... like in X-Men...

or maybe earth will be gone and we will all live in space....

You do know how short a time 20 years is don't you?

Thanks for the complement. I was wondering how many people would answer that I was a freak blink.gif

Good luck with the crystal ball, maybe you could tell me if me dad damned me, and I'm going to loose my hair. wacko.gif

You could be in luck... balding is passed from Mom to Son ... so if your Mom's dad is bald then you have a really good chance of going bald too... but if your Dad is bald... and your Mom's Dad has lots of hair... you should have nothing to worry about.... but I will check my crystal ball... just to be sure! wink2.gif

and you are welcome for the compliment... nothing wrong with being a freak... at least I hope not... because I have been called a freak all my life! w00t.gifdontgetit.gif

I think that we will be much better off in some ways. Technology will be more user friendly. Medicine will continue to advance.

I think that it won't be too different than it is now. I can remember 1984 pretty well. Back then when I looked forward 20 years I would always assume that life would change a great deal.

In a way it has.

Computers are used a lot more than they used to be...but overall, it really hasn't changed that much in 20 years...

When I was a kid in the 60's, there was a set of books by time-Life that talked about how the future was going to be. There were pictures of flying cars everywhere in the sky. It was one of the things I thought would be really great, but I don't think we are any closer now that we were then. There is the Mollar flying car, but that is still a long way off...

Man will walk on Mars!

Technology changes. People never change.

I agree fluffy.. I was just being silly again! (I know.. hard to believe.. me being such a serious person and all!) whistling2.gif

I seriously doubt that I will see flying cars as daily use in my lifetime.

And as far as style goes... generations seem to be repeating themselves... I went shopping this past weekend and you wouldn't believe the 80's styles that are coming back... now that is scary! w00t.gif

Seriously... I think that technology will be better ... I believe that our air pollution problems will be worse... and crime rates will continue to go up.

We will probably in the next 20 years have our first man on Mars and will have made a lot more discoveries in space and in the deepest parts of the oceans... maybe even new large species of animals and fish.

I think it will be very interesting... well.. that is ... if we don't blow the planet up.. with all the fighting going on!

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!??!! thumbsup.gif

<Nxt2Hvn is going to put that in her sig.>

Yeah you're right Fluff. Maybe I should of said 50 years, but some of us could be dead by then ph34r.gif Although, I'm only 22.

Wow, thanks Nxt2Hvn you just made my day, because as it turns out. My grandfather on my Moms side, does have his hair. Woo Hoo! grin2.gif

I voted freak! But only because it was the funneist answer (too much temptation)

I think in 20 years cancer will be on the backfoot big time mobile phones will be so small you'll have to press the buttons with your damn mind (i press 9 now and get a maths equation). Hopefully we'll have a world were children play free, the animals dance and lawers are dead. Well that's if we learn from our current mistakes.

i dont understand why anyone would want a flying car. think about it.

imagine this, you're driving along and your car breaks down, you plummet straight down and *smash* next thing you know you've smashed through the roof of a house and your in someones bedroom!.

also it would be harder for policemen to catch criminals....

we definately will know more about space and the ocean depths. and should have discovered a few new species. hopefully we'll have a few more of these unexplained mysteries explained grin2.gif

I agree. The way technology is constantly redefining itself , in 20 years our species will no doubt be more advanced. Conquering space travel unfortunately will take longer. As a race we need to focus on space. It is our future and it will be the only way our species will survive. We need to show all these UFO's that we are intelligent and that we have unique abilities to offer the universe. In my opinion, Space was meant to be teaming with life and it was meant to be explored. chris evans

My pinto will have broken down by then, and i'll have the '88 Nova. Yeehaw!!!

We'll still be talking about that time when Janet Jackson...................................

• 2 weeks later...

20 years really isn't that long....yeah we will have advances, but i think daily life will be the same

hopefully by then i will be able to afford a pinto

I don't think we'll be around in 20 years...sure,there will still be people alive,but it will be a totally different world,not like we know right now.

I think that 20 years from now computer video games and such will be

obsolete. The new form of entertainment will be holographic cubes in which

interaction with the game can be had. Not as sophisticated as the holodeck

of StarTrek fame but in a similar fashion. Computers will speak to you

everywhere...the gas station...would you like a receipt sir...and TV will not

even exist in the fashion it does today. PC's will be obsolete. Everything will be computerized to the point that computers won't even be necessary.

All of this will arise out of technologies created as we venture toward Mars.

Aliens will still be a myth. alien.gif

The advances we've made over the last 100 years have been massive, however in the last 20 years we have progressed very little, think back to 1884 and ask yourself, barring nicer looking cars, the evcolution from Itari's to PS2s, mass connection to the Internet, modern scientific achievements such as cloning sheep we're actually changed very little. Most advances come actually through arms races or wars (computers, mass production techniques), which simply do not happen on a large enough scale now.

In 20 years I think we'll see some great advances, particularly with any luck in medicine and pollution control, however flying cars, space ships etc simply are to much of an advance to make in that length. Now if you talk 100 years, then I'd agree. As for mutants... evolutionary changes would take millions of years, nowhere in our DNA structure at the moment is there place for phazing through walls, controlling metal, lazer eyes etc etc, mutants such as those are biologically imposible.

Edited by Talon S.

I predict World War 3, not countrys against countrys but public verus governments. Nuclear war is possible, as well as various biological outbreaks. Technology will probably stay the same or go backwards a bit if the war happens. Perhaps a new understanding between us human beings instead of beating the crap out of each other......

*ponders*

Technology will probably stay the same or go backwards a bit if the war happens

Not-a-chance, technology always advances with war as we find better methods to kill each other.

Not-a-chance, technology always advances with war as we find better methods to kill each other.

thats true thats basically how the nuke got invented.

thats true thats basically how the nuke got invented.

Not to mention mash production, super glue, computers, most varieties of vehicle, and probably thousands of items you use every day and don't even think about huh.gif

I agree...in 20 years we're unlikely to see any major changes. It's not impossible that there will be some scientific breakthrough that alters our culture vastly, but I doubt it; not without the benefit of an arms race of some other driving force.

Genetically we won't change at all, who's kidding who? tongue.gif I think, due to our medical technology and culture keeping people with illnesses or disabilities alive to have children, rather than dying as they would in nature, we've cut out our evolution altogether...I think we'll probably still be like we are genetically for a loooong time to come tongue.gif

I think we'll probably still be like we are genetically for a loooong time to come

Unless someone attempts the Human Instrumentality Project tongue.gif

mash production

I can ussually tell typos , but this Im not sure of .

as well as various biological outbreaks

sleep.gif