Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Libranaster

Where are the ground zero ghosts?

78 posts in this topic

Didn't read through the whole thread yet but just wanted to say that asphodel is right in that small pieces of bone are still being found on rooftops and reconstruction zones all around Ground Zero. That's really sad but it wasn't because the cleanup at the site was that bad but that when the buildings came down, everything was pulverized and sent flying everywhere. Bone fragments were found on roofs blocks from the perimeter. I also recall hearing a story about construction workers and members of the cleanup crews that heard and saw things they didn't want to talk about. I'll see if I can find a link.

Hi suscience

I watched it on tv at the time.

It was horrible to watch and think of all those people who died.

But i couldnt switch off or walk away.

Even though i was watching it, it felt kinda unreal as the towers came down.

Im not surprised cleanup crews dont want to talk about things they saw and heard

9/11 was an experience that research showed changed the psyche of the American people as a whole. Up to 85% of our population showed symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress in the following 3 months after the event. People from every part of the country experienced loss of appetite, loss of sleep, inability to concentrate. And that was just by watching it on TV and knowing what happened. It should be no wonder that people in the recovery teams and cleanup crews, not to mention the construction workers, would see and hear things when at the site. For me, 10 years later, pictures or even songs can trigger a reaction to the things that happened that day. I'm not surprised at all that policemen or firemen along with the above mentioned, experienced "hauntings" when inside the site itself. What they saw there will never leave them.

I watched it on TV also. I happened to be off work that day and my brother woke me up after the report of the first plane hitting was aired. I watched the whole thing unfold and was up most of the night. At work the next day, everyone was watching. All anyone watched. I think I slept only 3-4 hours a night for close to a week as more news came out and our government began to decide what to do. I decided I had to stop because I was just getting too depressed. Feeling for the victims, the families and New York City in general. All the funerals of the firemen. It was overwhelming. I can understand why this site is so sacred to so many. The people involved may never share their experiences but I'm sure they had deep ones, maybe only within themselves and maybe not.

Edited by susieice