Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical Mysteries

gsiibitsi

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Nxt2Hvn

• crosswarrior

• joc

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UMM... Guys have either of you ever been involved in a religious discussion on this Forum? They can get real nasty real quick. And generally blowing off a religion right off the bat is a good way to get a thread locked down. And how can science prove all relgion to be a myth anyways? It would seem to me then that science has become the religion.

Religious explanation of Red Sea Crossing :

It was Magic!

Rational scientific explanation of Red Sea Crossing:

"Oceanographer Mr. Volzinger studied the conditions on a reef in the northern part of the Gulf of Suez, which some scholars believe is the site where Moses miraculously parted the Red Sea.

Some 3,500 years ago, the reef was much closer to the surface, Mr. Volzinger said.

He set about calculating how much wind speed would have been needed to blow the water from the formation at low tide, how long the area would stay dry and how quickly the seas would come crashing back.

"It would take the Jews — there were 600,000 of them — four hours to cross the 7-kilometer reef that runs from one coast to another. Then, in a half-hour, the waters would come back."

"Mr. Volzinger determined that if a strong wind blew at 30 meters per second over a shallow reef, then yes, it could have blown that reef dry. He also calculated it would have taken the fleeing Jews about four hours to make their crossing. "

The tides then rushed in and killed the persuing Egyptians creating the chariot graveyard your link talks about.

Science has also explained:

"A Rutgers University astronomer, for example, explained that the Christmas star was actually a double eclipse of Jupiter 2,000 years ago, based on his calculations gleaned from symbols found on an old Roman coin. "

"Meanwhile, Cambridge University theorized that the burning bush was caused by flaming natural gas seeping from the earth. "

Source: http://washingtontimes.com/national/200401...13947-8632r.htm

*placing bets this thread doesn't go past 10 posts* cool.gif

And generally blowing off a religion right off the bat is a good way to get a thread locked down.

Please point out how saying that science views god as a myth is insulting religion, that IS what science thinks of religion.

Maybe we should open a new thread about our cats? grin2.gif

*placing bets this thread doesn't go past 10 posts*

And this is the tenth post in this thread, Joc losses the bet tongue.gif

I hear cats taste like chicken! (Meow Fu Yung anyone?)

And Talon how does science say that religion is a myth? And is science always right? I would like to put my faith in something that doesn't change every decade or so. I mean look at a 20 year old science book and tell me how much of the information is still current and valid.

I have a 5 month old cat and he likes to scratch the s***t out my furniture. cat.gif

*looks like someone doesn't want to change the subject* whistling2.gif

I have 3 cats ... they are the loves of my life! cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

(Ha... bet when you saw I had posted, you guys thought I was replying to the original post to this thread didn't ya!) thumbsup.gif

whistling2.gif

I would like to put my faith in something that doesn't change every decade or so. I mean look at a 20 year old science book and tell me how much of the information is still current and valid.

most of the basics would be

that said, science is self-correcting, it doesn't assume its 100% right, although if you have to have an absolute go for it.

just a thought

(Ha... bet when you saw I had posted, you guys thought I was replying to the original post to this thread didn't ya!)  thumbsup.gif

You just can't keep out of the religous posts can you Nxt2hvn(aka Lockmaster)? You just have to throw your "preachy" 2 cents in dont you? Can't leave well enough alone...always trying to get another thread locked down...

***fluffy actually reads Nxt2hvns post***

Oh...uh...yeah...right. Nevermind... tongue.gif

I have two cats...very cute ones...

post-69-1075906738.jpg

You just can't keep out of the religous posts can you Nxt2hvn(aka Lockmaster)? You just have to throw your "preachy" 2 cents in dont you? Can't leave well enough alone...always trying to get another thread locked down...

***fluffy actually reads Nxt2hvns post***

Oh...uh...yeah...right. Nevermind... tongue.gif

I have two cats...very cute ones...

LOL Fluffy!

wink2.giftongue.gif

*placing bets this thread doesn't go past 10 postscool.gif

How could I have known this was going to evolve into a cat thread?!

You guys did that on purpose....just to prove me wrong! wink2.gif

You guys did that on purpose....just to prove me wrong! wink2.gif

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I have lots of pictures of my cat on my computer, but they are too big and I don't know what to do. So instead of posting my cat here is a picture of someone else's. I don't know whose though. Look at it. It's funny.

post-69-1075911691.jpg

About the Red Sea crossing, even if science does have an explanation, it is still curious to see that the Israelites crossed the sea at the correct moment, and the Pharaoh army following not so far behind didn't make it. The same goes for all the miracles mentioned in the OT. It takes more than some scientific explanations to dispell God. In fact the scientific explanation of Red Sea crossing simply shows that the phenomena is not a scientific impossibility, and there is a chance that the event actually happened.

<walking on eggshells>

Actually alot of "miracles" or if you prefer "happenings"... that the bible says happened... like the splitting and crossing of the red... have been scientifically shown could have happened.

I believe it was on the Discovery Channel... "Mysteries of the Bible Revealed" that I saw some of the examples.

I'm closing this down because it is a religious topic. I didn't even bother reading it. So, take no offence.