Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Electrokinesis

SG7

Beats me how you drew that conclusion. It would open up a whole new scientific world.

because of what you said.

But that debate will inevitably go nowhere if you never put your money where your mouth is. Those of us debating with you will have nothing to go on, no evidence to discuss, and therefore will always default to a position of disbelief. What's the point in that sort of debate? It's lifeless.

Its lifeful. I think that way. So its my thought not yours.

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SG7

• Sporkling

• Nucular

• drakonwick

Beats me how you drew that conclusion. It would open up a whole new scientific world.

because of what you said.

Which thing I said?

But that debate will inevitably go nowhere if you never put your money where your mouth is. Those of us debating with you will have nothing to go on, no evidence to discuss, and therefore will always default to a position of disbelief. What's the point in that sort of debate? It's lifeless.

Its lifeful. I think that way. So its my thought not yours.

Well I'm going to have to accept that it's your view, despite not having a single clue why you think it. I have no idea where such debates can go, and you're not going to tell me, so there's another 'debate' meeting an ignominious end. Doesn't seem like fun to me.

This I am providing is only an example.did you read?

Ummm. You realise there's a lot in it for you not to keep it a secret?

I can't really see any legal changes coming from the discovery of a particular psi power, beyond the legal responsibility if you used it for harm.

Yet, if you show you have this power, you can benefit yourself by winning a Nobel Prize, the approximately $4,500,000 worldwide in sceptical prizes, as much or as little fame as you wish, and at the same time benefit humanity by extending the possibilities of the human race.

So I still don't really understand your position, if I'm honest.

Yes about the using it for harm part.

You seem to have an uncontrollable, condescending whit about you. It's solid proof or nothing. You would do well to drop the condescending, egotistical, utterances that you seem to think is justifiable because you think your right.

It's hard to read most of your posts. Could it be possible for you to use the quote function so to seperate your response from others?

Edited by Vanquish

Oh yes, very well so would you be so kind as to speak your point first?

What makes you think the human body can produce such an enormous electrical signal as to effect it's

surroundings as well as people? Please, do not reply with a vauge response! It does not help you any.

Edited by Vanquish

Thanks - that's fair enough if you don't care what people think of you, but you did hint that you care what other people are thought of.

Now, for the record, I'm not about to call you a liar - I see nothing in your description of your ability that would indicate that you're making stuff up. But, I think it quite likely that you may be mistaken. I think perhaps the important question to be asking here is: how often do you have a 'little nerves twitch' and don't notice any electrical anomalies?

Now this isn't the sort of question you can just rattle off an answer for... because of the way human attention and memory work, it is unlikely unless you have been keeping formal records that you have access to the data. It simply won't have been noticed or remembered, since unless I misunderstand you, your nervous twitch isn't a surprising thing in and of itself, but rather it's what accompanies it which is surprising. So why would you notice and remember those times when you twitch and nothing whatsoever happens?

You could test this yourself preliminarily by simply keeping a record of every time you have a twitch, with no exceptions. Simply have a piece of paper in your pocket, and make a note of the time it happened, and any electrical anomalies which occurred at the same time. If they happened later, record how much later. If nothing anomalous happened, record that too. This will go some way to ruling out the possibility of response bias in your recording.

I realise you don't feel at present as though there is any reason to test anything - you're sure you have electrokinesis, and it seems you don't feel a need to prove it to others - but I'm suggesting this only because I know that it's possible to 'know' something and be mistaken, and because you expressed a concern that people claiming psi abilities are being maligned. I also thought you might be interested in a sceptical approach (remember sceptics don't want to disprove your powers, only to see if they really are there or not).

No, that's a shame. There are so many of us who'd love to see some sort of evidence of something paranormal, and yet psychics etc. tend to limit themselves only to posting on web forums about how little they feel the need to prove anything to anyone. It's frustrating! And, sadly, goes nowhere towards helping people not be called liars :hmm:

I have been keeping some records on this and it happens about 96% of the time( Form what I can tell). The time It does not happen is wen Im surprised and twitch. Just the nervous twitch. And it happens at the same moment I have the twitch. And many psychics dont like to show them selfs becaese sceptics are very mean. Its one thing to say I dont belivie you, a nother to tare you a part.

Ummm. You realise there's a lot in it for you not to keep it a secret?

I can't really see any legal changes coming from the discovery of a particular psi power, beyond the legal responsibility if you used it for harm.

Yet, if you show you have this power, you can benefit yourself by winning a Nobel Prize, the approximately $4,500,000 worldwide in sceptical prizes, as much or as little fame as you wish, and at the same time benefit humanity by extending the possibilities of the human race.

So I still don't really understand your position, if I'm honest.

Maybe its the goverment hes afrade of. I've hard storys of many of our kind ( Psi) being kidnaped.

What makes you think the human body can produce such an enormous electrical signal as to effect it's

surroundings as well as people? Please, do not reply with a vauge response! It does not help you any.

The soul. It is what give us psi our powers. But Im going into some thing I should not so I dope it there. I can only say that much.

a lot of people i know say the same things about street lights, which i have always found very interesting. it happens to me too, i think those bulbs would be ultra sensitive in reacting to this ability because they turn off when they get to hot, so if your field of effect is large enough then it would seem probable that it could increase the amount of electricity flowing through the bulb and cause it to overheat and turn off to cool down.

one interesting experience i have had is with halogen lamps. sometimes when i walk by them the flicker in power, when i was younger and first started noticing this with a particular lamp i had in my room, i could stand still and move my arms around in a wide arcs like a flag guy at the airport and make the bulb flicker in power,

i also can enhance the reception of my fm transmitter to my ipod by cupping my hand around it but not touching it. the signal gets clearer almost as if i'm shielding it from interfering wavelengths from other stations.

and of course i make a great set of bunny ears for my tv if i put my thumb on the pin of a coax cable, but i'm pretty sure everyone can do that. any insight into what causes these things?

a lot of people i know say the same things about street lights, which i have always found very interesting. it happens to me too, i think those bulbs would be ultra sensitive in reacting to this ability because they turn off when they get to hot, so if your field of effect is large enough then it would seem probable that it could increase the amount of electricity flowing through the bulb and cause it to overheat and turn off to cool down.

one interesting experience i have had is with halogen lamps. sometimes when i walk by them the flicker in power, when i was younger and first started noticing this with a particular lamp i had in my room, i could stand still and move my arms around in a wide arcs like a flag guy at the airport and make the bulb flicker in power,

i also can enhance the reception of my fm transmitter to my ipod by cupping my hand around it but not touching it. the signal gets clearer almost as if i'm shielding it from interfering wavelengths from other stations.

and of course i make a great set of bunny ears for my tv if i put my thumb on the pin of a coax cable, but i'm pretty sure everyone can do that. any insight into what causes these things?

Well I think they go out because we suck the power out the street lemp. Thats how I made a werehouse loss power, I could feel the power enter my body. but it could work that way to. I think.

i never thought of it as a sucking energy out, that's interesting. maybe that's what goes on with the halogen lamps around me.

and maybe i'm absorbing the radio frequencies out of the air to make for a clearer reception on my radio.

my good friend can enhance his wireless signal on his laptop by standing in different places around it. and my bandwidth always seems to increase exponentially whenever i have my laptop, well on my lap. i'm either a great antenna or a great shield i'm not sure which, but it happens ALL the time.

i love the energy argument you know people get struck by lighting and survive the body can handle the energy.

but production well thats easy if you built a machine to mimic the body perfectly how much energy do you suppose it would need to run. bet you a lot more than you beleive. and we dont plug into a wall so im pretty sure were capable. we can redirect energy in the body by tuning down senses. its called tunnel vision energy from your other senses will pour into the one and give you superior tracking but at a cost the alertness to noise or minor obstacles.

that totally makes sense about the tunnel vision of energy. i had an experiencewith that a few years ago. a friend of mine at the club i worked at got a metal splinter in her finger and told me it was too deep for her to get it out and i looked at it and i could see it under her skin but there wasn't enough sticking out to grab onto with tweezers, i was going to go at it with a knife but a friend of mine who is somewhat of a spiritualist told me to cup my hands around her finger and visualize with every inhale that i was pulling it up magnetically with my left hand and when i exhaled to picture the cells in her hand around it squeezing it out. i don't know how long i did this for because i was completely focused on the splinter but when i opened my eyes and took my hands away, the splinter was standing straight up on the tip of her finger where it had gone in and i just plucked it right off.

while this blew my mind she just said thanks and went back to partying, my friend who coached me through it smiled at me and told me "that was lovely". i haven't tried it sense because it hasn't really come up, but i think the fact that it was a metal splinter is the only thing that made that even remotely possible.

my point is that i think your right about how when you focus your energy that intensely all your other senses seem to take the back seat. i really felt like my consciousness was inside of her finger at that moment.

Maybe its the goverment hes afrade of. I've hard storys of many of our kind ( Psi) being kidnaped.

Farce. If the government cared, they would already have you in their custody (pretty much ANY government). The fact that you are on here at UM chatting about it, invalidates any claims of fearing being kidnapped or found out by sinister government agencies. Psi is un-proven, period. Possible, maybe, but NOT a fact and NOT so prevalent that you have heard of "our kind" being kidnapped. Pure fiction.

I have been keeping some records on this and it happens about 96% of the time( Form what I can tell). The time It does not happen is wen Im surprised and twitch. Just the nervous twitch.

Do you mean there's a difference between the surprised twitch and the nervous twitch? Still, 96% is high, and would imply, if done properly, that response bias is not the explanation for your claimed power. May I ask what kind of records you've kept, and how you analysed the data to arrive at 96%? How often does the 'nervous twitch' happen?

And it happens at the same moment I have the twitch.

Wherever you are? Do you ever have to search for what the electrica anomaly might have been, or is it always obvious?

And many psychics dont like to show them selfs becaese sceptics are very mean. Its one thing to say I dont belivie you, a nother to tare you a part.

Well, I'll try not to tear you apart ;) To be fair, I've been interested in the supernatural for really quite a long time, from both sides of the belief-fence, and I don't think I've seen anyone, sceptic or believer, be so very mean. Sure, there are a few jerks on both sides. But they're by far the exception.

Yeah, I have to admit, this is a claim too far for me too. Mate, this is simply paranoid. Scanners is just a film.

The soul. It is what give us psi our powers. But Im going into some thing I should not so I dope it there. I can only say that much.

Bit dramatic again... "it's the soul... I can't say any more... they'll... arrgh!!" The soul has been discussed by very clever people for thousands of years. Seriously, I doubt you'll let something slip you shouldn't have.

It's hard to have a reasonable conversation with this cloak and dagger fantasy stuff.

Bit dramatic again... "it's the soul... I can't say any more... they'll... arrgh!!" The soul has been discussed by very clever people for thousands of years. Seriously, I doubt you'll let something slip you shouldn't have.

It's hard to have a reasonable conversation with this cloak and dagger fantasy stuff.

may i ask why you use cloak and dagger?

may i ask why you use cloak and dagger?

It's just an expression - maybe it's just an English thing. It's used to describe clandestine, usually swashbuckling, usually fictional activities. Like spies and such.

Well, I am confused. And no jokes, please, about how easily that is accomplished.

So, SG7 is at work in the warehouse (post 13)

I use it wen I have a little nerves twitch, I Twitch and the lights will deem or even go out. In fact two or three days ago I had a twitch and all the light, computers, belts lines, all the power in the warehouse went down for about 2 seconds be for it came back up.

I've been trying to get control over this ever scenes. But I had it for years, It just never got in the way of work be for.

Wen I get control I'll think about show you all in a vid.

So, he doesn't have control, but (post 31)

I have been keeping some records on this and it happens about 96% of the time(Form what I can tell). The time It does not happen is wen Im surprised and twitch. Just the nervous twitch. And it happens at the same moment I have the twitch.

Now he does have control - except when he is suprised.

But back in post 13, when it did work at the warehouse, he sure sounds like he was surprised that it was "getting in the way of work," contrary to all of his previous experiences.

So what's the story, exactly? What is the claimed relationship between SG7 having a twitch and electrical equipment malfunctions? What's a twitch anyway?

But it's a give-to-get world. Cloak and dagger is American, too. It means the melodramatic aspects of spycraft, whether in real life or in fiction, but mainly in fiction. There, I gave a little info.

BTW, EK, are you going to do the bottlecap thing in the other thread, or what?

Edited by eight bits

spis are not fictional i thought.

No, but often they are the subject of swashbuckling, 'cloak and dagger' fiction which is far more interesting than real-life spies. Anyway, the operative word in my post was 'fantasy'.

Yes, but the thing is, as with everything else (using same ex: world flat...ect) the people have gotten critisizim for their beliefs, then it turns out to be real, so people need to save themselves the humiliation and leave believers alone, because soon it will be proven real, and we'll be able to rub it into your little skeptic noses...

The only way to prove something is to weigh in on the evidence.

Fact is there is no real tangible evidence for anyone to study to make a discovery... The argument goes beyond whether you believe it or not but rather what evidence is there to support such claims.

The claim of super powers dates back to early human history... Up until the 19th century or so 99% of the population globally believed such abilities existed, it has only been recently that many people have drifted away from the idea that these powers exist as we progressed to where we are now. This tells me that the more we learn about energy and universal law etc the more unlikely these abilities being real become.

Yeah, I have to admit, this is a claim too far for me too. Mate, this is simply paranoid. Scanners is just a film.

I did not main it that way, Just that it has to do with my beleifs, psi and god are inporting in my beleifs. And this is a psi topic and not a god topic. So just trying to stay on topic. And my beleif is a very, very long story. Sorry

Well, I am confused. And no jokes, please, about how easily that is accomplished.

So, SG7 is at work in the warehouse (post 13)

So, he doesn't have control, but (post 31)

Now he does have control - except when he is suprised.

But back in post 13, when it did work at the warehouse, he sure sounds like he was surprised that it was "getting in the way of work," contrary to all of his previous experiences.

So what's the story, exactly? What is the claimed relationship between SG7 having a twitch and electrical equipment malfunctions? What's a twitch anyway?

But it's a give-to-get world. Cloak and dagger is American, too. It means the melodramatic aspects of spycraft, whether in real life or in fiction, but mainly in fiction. There, I gave a little info.

BTW, EK, are you going to do the bottlecap thing in the other thread, or what?

No No, Im sorry if I confused you I have no control, over the power or the twitch.

twitch:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/twitch