Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

instant hatred towards someone

Meltus

sorry if this is in the wrong place. didn't know where to post it.

basically, my and my girlfriend were at my mates party about a year and a bit ago, and someone was there whom i didn't know. so i went over to talk to him and from the moment we looked at each other i absolutly hated him. loathed him even. i had absolutly no reason to whatsoever, he'd done nothing to me and he hadn't even spoke to me, i just couldn't stand being around him.

all my mates think he's an alright guy and he comes out with us and stuff but i can't be around him at all. Just being in the same room makes me angry and i just want to get up and kick the sh** out of him, although i don't think i've ever hit anyone in my life.

It's not in my nature to be agressive and was just wondering if anyone else had any experiences like this?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theSOURCE

• Kazahel

• She-ra

• Meltus

Do you feel intimidated by the guy for some reason?

I've experienced something like this but in reverse. I stand at 6'6" and every now and then I'll run into some idiot who's a lot shorter than me but has something to prove by "calling out the big guy". For the most part I ignore them, but the point is, I didn't do anything to provoke their foolish behavior.

BTW, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's what is happening with you. I just wonder if there's something about the guy that troubles you for some reason.

EDIT for typos

Edited by theSOURCE

Hate at first site. Has happened to me a few times. Completely normal.

I agree

Just curious, but how can you actually hate someone you don't know?

Do you feel intimidated by the guy for some reason?

I've experienced something like this but in reverse. I stand at 6'6" and every now and then I'll run into some idiot who's a lot shorter than me but has something to prove by "calling out the big guy". For the most part I ignore them, but the point is, I didn't do anything to provoke their foolish behavior.

BTW, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's what is happening with you. I just wonder if there's something about the guy that troubles you for some reason.

EDIT for typos

I find this fascinating, because I have never experienced anything like this before. I didn't know it was a common thing.

youre skin crawls and the urge to kill [if necessary] is completly zoned on them.

ive had this happen its something about body language. the guy i hated had no personal boundaries. where as my "heavy armor" rattled as though craving a scrap.

ive been bullied/annoyed into bloodlust [come close enough please] but never has it manifested as strongly or quikly. i forgot everything going on until he left my presence.

and as a side note im quite kind and gentle. when i get bloodhungry [quite rare] its the absolute end of patience and control.

This has happened to me once or twice, but i usually see a reason to hate them ie. theyre bullying, or a r**arted gangbanger and i really cant stand these things

youre skin crawls and the urge to kill [if necessary] is completly zoned on them.

ive had this happen its something about body language. the guy i hated had no personal boundaries. where as my "heavy armor" rattled as though craving a scrap.

ive been bullied/annoyed into bloodlust [come close enough please] but never has it manifested as strongly or quikly. i forgot everything going on until he left my presence.

and as a side note im quite kind and gentle. when i get bloodhungry [quite rare] its the absolute end of patience and control.

Same way i am, if i get off, you better hope like hell i like you!

Perhaps it was someone you knew in your past life.

B)

I had the same thing happen to me, and I just thought I was being an ass. I saw this kid walking down the hall one day, and I just had the almost uncontrollable urge to beat the hell out of him. I don't know him, I've never talked to him, but I just can't stand him. I told my friends this, and they said they've all experienced the same thing. I'm glad to know we're not just pricks.

Just curious, but how can you actually hate someone you don't know?

How can you love someone you don't know? Some people believe in love at first site, why not hate at first site? It's probably their mannerisms, the way they carry themselves, perhaps even a certain smell. Who knows?

From what I can tell, people often dislike or feel in competition with others who remind them of themselves. Just something to think about.

Eh, subconcious works in strange ways. Sometimes you'll just feel like lashing out without knowing why. Like you'd be calmly eating your food and all of a sudden your angry and just want to throw your plate at the wall and storm off for no apparant reason. Sometimes there's just "something" about someone that you can't quite pick out thats a form of mental channeling to get rid of some hatred and frustration you have stored away. You don't know why it just happens. :P

I've come VERY close to just punching a random kid in the hall..

I didn't know him, he was just walking with his group of friends past us, no body was being loud, and everyone knew each other atleast a bit. We stop near the door to let him threw, and I'm going through the door and for some reason I turned aroudn and just took a shot at the back of the kids head (had to punch UP since he's a bit taller, heh) but my friend pushed me to the side and I hit the door, the guy looked back gave me a weird look and kept on walking...

I have no idea why or how it happened, hes a cool guy, never did anything to me, and usually I'm pretty calm.

I just noticed something, most of the people that posted in this are usually calm and under control. Well, everyone is going to get angry at one point or another, and you guys I'm assuming are good at keeping under control.. Well sometimes a person just needs to cut rank (get angry, might be an aussie term I'm not sure.) If you don't your subconcious will eventually find other ways to channel out your anger. This is a lesson, don't pick on the quiet kid in school who never gets angry, because if you do he might rock up with a shotgun one day and say "hi" back.

(Bottled up anger = cracking of bottle = exploding of bottle.. Lesson, don't bottle up anger.) :)

This is a lesson, don't pick on the quiet kid in school who never gets angry, because if you do he might rock up with a shotgun one day and say "hi" back.

Oh god you can't beleive how paraniod me and my friends get about that, EVERYONE HAS A LIST..and I might be at the top of a few.... :ph34r:

It's normal/natural to have that type of instant feeling toward someone......there's a lotta ppl I despise.

thats happened to me quite a few times

Under the assumption that we have past lives.

I've had this happen to me, though only once, The guy is in year Eleven, though he must only stand up to my nipples because he's so short and skinny. I hate him so much though, even his shrilly high voice. I just try to steer clear of him, otherwise I know I'll go berserk on him for no reason - Even he hasn't even said anything or done anything.

I cant remember ever having instant hatred towards anyone. I've had instant love but not hate. Maybe I did when I was a kid but I cant remember. So there isnt anyone I've ever hated really.. and if there was, I'd probably try not to.

It's normal/natural to have that type of instant feeling toward someone......there's a lotta ppl I despise.

well it's good to know other people experience it and i'm not just an absolute prick. (arguably :P)

It just seemed really wierd to me because i'd never spoken to him, never heard of him and i didn't know he existed untill i saw him. It's only this one guy too, there's no one else i've ever hated. I was just wondering if anyone could explain why it's only happened to me once and it was this guy i chose to hate?

Oh yeah, I have done that. And I really am not one of those 'bottle it up inside' people lol. I have no problem telling anyone what I think, at any time. (It's been labeled as a fault of mine lol)

Anyway, I believe it has something to do with intuitive feelings. The body language or mannerisms or facial expressions or even spoken language of the person tips you off to a personality you don't like. I am a female, and I find that most of the time, it's other women that I get that feeling with. I usually just leave, so I don't hurt someone's feelings unintentionally.

On a side note, think of it this way. Dogs do the same thing. Ever had your dog try to tear someone's throat out for no reason that you could see? Has your dog barked and growled at a particular person in a room full of people? It's the same thing, they intuitively know they don't like that person.

Oh yeah, I have done that. And I really am not one of those 'bottle it up inside' people lol. I have no problem telling anyone what I think, at any time. (It's been labeled as a fault of mine lol)

Anyway, I believe it has something to do with intuitive feelings. The body language or mannerisms or facial expressions or even spoken language of the person tips you off to a personality you don't like. I am a female, and I find that most of the time, it's other women that I get that feeling with. I usually just leave, so I don't hurt someone's feelings unintentionally.

On a side note, think of it this way. Dogs do the same thing. Ever had your dog try to tear someone's throat out for no reason that you could see? Has your dog barked and growled at a particular person in a room full of people? It's the same thing, they intuitively know they don't like that person.

mmm...instincts are usually worth listening to. I have experienced those instant feelings of strong dislike(I dare not call it hate...i really don't like the associations of it) and try to ignore them and get along with the person who inspired the feelings in me.

Most of the time, my instincts prove themselves right. Funny that. I too am a very laid back relaxed kind of person normally.

Frankly, 'hate at first sight' can be right on, or very incorrect...depending what the feeling is based on. For example, if you immediately *hate* someone because they physically resemble another person you did not get along with in your past, probably not a very valid reason for your hatred. However, if you immediately *hate* someone because they begin to espouse or exhibit behaviors that you find very objectionable, probably a good reason to feel that hatred (not liking racists or bigots for example).

Here's an interesting example of 'incorrect hatred': I'm a life long exerciser. I exercise to control my weight, to stave off osteoporosis, to reduce my risk (runs in my family) for high cholesterol. As an added benefit I look pretty good for someone my age. A woman I had just met told another lady I know that she *hates* me because of how I look. She went on to say she was sure I couldn't have had three kids, and that I'd most likely had plastic surgery! Needless to say her reason for *hating* me is nothing more than thinly veiled jealousy IMO...very similar to the SOURCE being *hated* for being a tall guy.

Anyway, I think we all need to do a careful analysis of why we instantly hate others, because sometimes the real root of this hatred lies within ourselves.