Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I psychic?

Katrisa

When I was little, I was positive that psychics exsisted, and I just knew that I was not like the other kids in some way. But I have not grown up in a household where any psychic talents might florish. My dad is very logical, and psychics defy the logic that he percieves as truth. My mom doesn't openly discuss any of this with me, although I have my suspicions that she has had experiences. There's nobody to talk to about this except my friend, who I'll call A for her awesomeness, but who doesn't know any more on the subject than I do. There's also a neighbor, who I'll call B because of the butterflies who seem to love her. B is a very spiritual person, but I never really got up the nerve to talk to her about this. I am still worried of what she might think of me. So that's why I'm asking for your help, even though you probably have better things to do than answer my querys. Please I just want to know who I am. Here are experiences I've had:

I dreamed of my friend mom on a bed that I've never seen before. She looked very young and scared. Thats all just an image. A month or two later, I was at my friends lakehouse when she got sawdust flung into her eye as the boat sped around the lake. I was waiting with her mom on her bed while her dad inspected her red and puffy eye. Her mom looked at me in the same way she had in the dream.

I also had a vague dream where two kids were being mean to me. Then I slipped on the track, skinning my right knee. The cut looked unusualy orange. That's excatly what happened the next morning (the kids wouldn't let me play a game with them)

I picked out a book to read from the library, later that day, my bookclub partner picked out the same book to read for bookclub.

B is a healer. She is a massage therapist. One day after a car accident, I went to her so she could try to fix my back. That was when I realized that when I am deeply relaxed, I can see swirling colors form vague images.

Those were a few of the things I have experienced. But I havent experienced much recently. Please, either try to explain this away or become more attuned. Excersizes and such. If there are any tests you want me to preform or take, feel free to tell me. I just want to figure this out...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katrisa

• darkbreed

• fatrobot

• the eternal me

Welcome aboard, Katrisa.

You can simply edit a post (when logged in, "edit" appears at the bottom of your own posts for about a week), rather than post a correction.

A certain resemblance between dreams and real life is ordinary and even inevitable. Dreams are thoughts, and some of our thoughts would need to be about real life subject matter, realistically portrayed.

A certain amount of coincidence is inevitable, too. Any particular "low probability" event is unusual, that some "low probability" event will occur every day is almost sure.

What is oppressive in your post is that you have nobody to talk to about this. If you don't wish to speak to your parents, then "B" sounds like a lively prospect (a self-proclaimed healer around whom butterflies flock? Lol, she's just got to be dying to talk about it). Then you can tell "A" all about "B," and have a low-risk opening to a wider-ranging conversation if she follows the lead.

Keep your head about you, and don't get recruited into anybody else's delusions. Easier said than done, but plausibly better to risk that than not to talk your mind.

Good luck with it.

Edited by eight bits

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll try to talk to her, if I can catch her when she's awake. (She sleeps when the sun goes down and rises with it)

Well sounds like you had some semi-psychic experiencs, and if you talk more about it to likeminded people and explore it further and start spiritual and personal development you might reach quite far in the field. I know nothing about your age, but from your post i suspect you are a teenager or somewhere close.

If you need any advice or help, feel free to search my posts, or message me personally

With all love and best luck and wishes,

-Edward Alexander

if u believe that u've got some psychic power, u gotta make them stronger. It's not a matter of people around u believing. trust urself and start trying to predect stuff. play some games with A like trying to control her thinking..I played that game once with my friend who thought I was nuts cz I believe in psychic powers and he freaked out from the results B)

i knew what everyone wrote on this thread before i read it
\

Did you know that I was going to write this:

No. You aren't psychic. Those are called coincidences and also you choose to remember things that "hit" but you will conveniently forget things that didn't.

If you

talk more about it to likeminded people and explore it further and start spiritual and personal development
you will undoubtedly believe more and more that you are psychic, because you will be willing to fool yourself more and more.

And that's the harsh reality of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'd guess you are a youngster and more open than my generation was ... however my dad was all logic too. Mom had nada - skips generations in me family.

I'd say... never stop learning everything you can. Knowing is the best defense or offense I've found... and duh you can't ever learn enough. I'm old. But probably have forgotten more than I can remember at this point. Sponge thing you know. It's in the old noggin tho. Comes to front when needed. Good luck honey.

• 9 years later...
On 2/20/2008 at 9:27 PM, Katrisa said:

When I was little, I was positive that psychics exsisted, and I just knew that I was not like the other kids in some way. But I have not grown up in a household where any psychic talents might florish. My dad is very logical, and psychics defy the logic that he percieves as truth. My mom doesn't openly discuss any of this with me, although I have my suspicions that she has had experiences. There's nobody to talk to about this except my friend, who I'll call A for her awesomeness, but who doesn't know any more on the subject than I do. There's also a neighbor, who I'll call B because of the butterflies who seem to love her. B is a very spiritual person, but I never really got up the nerve to talk to her about this. I am still worried of what she might think of me. So that's why I'm asking for your help, even though you probably have better things to do than answer my querys. Please I just want to know who I am. Here are experiences I've had:

I dreamed of my friend mom on a bed that I've never seen before. She looked very young and scared. Thats all just an image. A month or two later, I was at my friends lakehouse when she got sawdust flung into her eye as the boat sped around the lake. I was waiting with her mom on her bed while her dad inspected her red and puffy eye. Her mom looked at me in the same way she had in the dream.

I also had a vague dream where two kids were being mean to me. Then I slipped on the track, skinning my right knee. The cut looked unusualy orange. That's excatly what happened the next morning (the kids wouldn't let me play a game with them)

I picked out a book to read from the library, later that day, my bookclub partner picked out the same book to read for bookclub.

B is a healer. She is a massage therapist. One day after a car accident, I went to her so she could try to fix my back. That was when I realized that when I am deeply relaxed, I can see swirling colors form vague images.

Those were a few of the things I have experienced. But I havent experienced much recently. Please, either try to explain this away or become more attuned. Excersizes and such. If there are any tests you want me to preform or take, feel free to tell me. I just want to figure this out...

It's very difficult living with the thoughts of what people think of you at any given moment. Their thoughts are their own and are always exactly how they really feel. I made a few bad choices in life and it shows, so it's why I say it's difficult to live with. What I wonder sometimes is how much of what I think can be herd and by who. Their has been way to much intervention in my life for it to be fluke and the significance of it is undeniable. What make me so dam special why me. What would happen if what ever or who ever would just leave me alone and let me live in peace . I'm afraid my life would crumble. I know I an not like everyone else.  I feel greatful though for so many gifts of enlightenment.