Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egypt secret chambers revealed

crosis

Renowned egyptologist Zahi Al-Hawass Showcases the most up to date Archaeological work going on in Egypt.

They will be probing a blocked shaft live, and using those little remote rovers to go in first.

They will also open the oldest intact sarcophagus found in modern times.

Tonight, National Geographic 1am GMT.

I CANT WAIT  :sq

More info here http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/09/0910_020913_egypt_1.html

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• SpaceyKC

• Halo_Jones

• Ronin6th

Wow loks really intresting :sk

Unfortunatly too late for me :'(

But I will be setting my vidio :D

Thanks Crosis :s03

I'll proberly still record it as the Egptians really fasinate me, I'm looking forward to it. :sq

I saw  what they are planning to do in the Kheops pyramid...using this small motorised probe (Lara Croft had too big boobs to go inside ;D). It will drive through a small tunnel and drill to an undiscovered chamber.

They expect to find Kheops' Tomb or a map that would reveal the secrets of pyramids' construction.

Unfortunately we won't be able to see it live in France...maybe in 10 years! ;D

WOW...HOW CAN IT BE?...THE MAN HAS WALKED ON THE MOON! :s2 :s2 :s2

I remember seeing an article about that on this forum's front page ( I believe it was posted by MM),  but when I looked for our programming schedule, turns out  it's only on the National Geographic Channel   (which my cable company doesnt' carry!)   >:(

They used to show specials like that on one of the 3 big stations!  I guess they don't think it will draw enough money people!  :-/

KC,

It's showing on the Fox Network tonight, 8:00 your time, 7:00 central.

Magikman  :D

MM!!!  Thank you for that!!   :s7

I just got some new cassettes...now to get my vcr ready!!   :s1

it sux, dont watch it.  you will only wish you had the 2 hours of your life back, and realizing that's not possible, you will be sick to your stomach :)

I'm sure there are a lot more boring things people can do,  but I didn't think this show was one of them!  Considering they still made another fabulous discovery with the 4,500 year old mummy.  And if there are two places blocking that shaft,  there must be something important hidden there.  It's just another unexplained mystery,  just the thing that starts discussions like we do on this forum!!   :s1

DSchwartz,

I think you are being way too harsh. The hype surrounding the program was certainly deceiving, that can easily be attributed to FOX's well known marketing strategy. Remember, this is the same network that gave us the 'alien autopsy' video and the 'moon landing hoax' programs, not to mention 'when animals attack' and other mind numbing sensational tripe. Clearly, the focus of the aforementioned shows is based purely on ratings and not credibility, scientific or otherwise.

From a historical perspective I found the program quite interesting and even educational. There were many secrets that were revealed to us, from an archeological standpoint, anyway. The discovery and revelation of the pyramid builders 'mini-city' was fascinating, and the evidence gleaned from the discovery helped to solidify a greater understanding as to how the pyramid construction was possible, sans the ridiculous notions of extraterrestrial involvement or other worldly machinations. Straight forward, reliable information offered intelligently and credibly, no doubt greatly influenced by National Geographic involvement. It was hugely entertaining I thought, even with the disappointment at the pyramid. I would recommend the program to anybody, it was a refreshing change from the preposterous, factually inept, ludicrous crap that passes as entertainment anymore these days.

Magikman  :sg

I for one totally enjoyed it and found it quite exciting, as I stayed up and watched it live I had no idea that they would find another door so that was a bit of a cliff hanger.

I can't wait till they open the next door and will be watching with bated breath and like KC says there must be something important there for them to go to so much trouble hiding it!!! :D

I agree with Halo MM and K.C. being an Historian/archaeologist I was fascinated by this programme. All I wanted to do when they found another door was to call them and say 'Knock it down!' Fit a battering ram! not quite what u should say but hey it's a door want to know what is behind it............... :s09

i know enough about egyptian history, thank you.  if i wanted to watch a boring documentary, i would have certainly found a better one.  

who wants to waste 2 hours listening to some schmuck talk about finding rows of bread making facilities.  then they found grain receptacles.  then came the sleeping quarters- or what they assumed them to be.  i was waiting for them to dig up a latrine and play with the fossilized ****- now that would be entertaining.

so what if they found a 4500 year old skeleton in that tomb- what else do you expect to find in a tomb?  no jewelry, no pottery, nothing but an old skeleton.  p*** poor job of grave robbing in my opinion.  at least find something of value if youre going to pry open someone's tomb and disturb their remains.  

i especially got sick of that old egyptian archaeologist.  what is that man's hangup with stroking the ****** of the great ancient egyptians?  i almost vomited listening to him go on and on about how it was now certain that the great egyptians built the pyramids, blah, blah, blah.  he was so worried about them damaging the pyramids by drilling a hole through the secret chamber door- what makes this all the more ridiculous was that most of the chambers were opened by using explosives in the past!  they even mentioned it in the earlier portion of the documentary.  how can you be concerned over a small drill hole?  he made them do all types of tests to make sure the drill hole wouldnt impact the pyramids in a bad way... yeah, i can see them falling to the ground when they drilled a 1 and 1/2 inch diameter hole in a chamber door.

im glad someone enjoyed it.  i hated it :)

What?...nothing found?...not even a StarGate? :s2 :s2 :s2

I haven't watched it, but sure it must have been a dicey and questionable attempt for the Fox to turn an archeologic discovery into a show, especially when you don't know what is behind a ******* wall! I agree with Schwarz on the point that it could encourage tomb pillagging for the TV audience, but I wouldn't be so harsh!

Your quite an angry person arn't you Dschwartz? :s1

Prehaps when you watch a documentry about archaeology you expect Indiana Jones to come leaping out (now that would be cool!) but in reality you have to expect boring bits and waffle, it goes hand in hand with the intresting bits and excitment.

Maybe on the next program they could get Harrison Ford or Laura Croft to make a guest appearance and bash open the door with a battering ram then we would all be Happy ( or maybe less cross ;D)

:s04

silly brits- always taking offense to anyone american.  

of course, i do not expect indiana jones to come jumping out, but i also DO NOT expect to be led around like a sheep for 1.9 hours with cheap filler material just to reach a pitiful anti-climax in the last 5 minutes of the show.  

im sorry if you all think i am angry.  im just being sarcastic because i find it hard to believe anyone would defend that stupid pyramid documentary when everyone ive spoken to thought it was the worst they had ever seen.  

Thats "Brits" with a capital "B" :s04

We invented Sarcasim ::)

I think Americans are mostly nice people. :D

If it was so crap why'd you stay watching it. ( come on admit it, you were hoping Laura Croft would appear) ;)

Hey DSchwartz,

Since I don't want people to lump me together with people like you,  would you mind removing the AMERICAN flag from your profile,  and placing  one there  that really represents you?

(do they have one for BIGOTRY?)    :s6

tell me how having a bad opinion of british people is bigotry?  is british a race or a nationality?  i believe the appropriate word would be a prejudice.  

i can't help it i dont like their personalities, its just my nature.  it goes back a long way, and is built on many experiences.   also, i think it has a lot to do with being welsh/german and my family history.   the welsh side has a long history of hating the british and im just keeping up the cause :)

in all honesty, im just kidding around.  lighten up people!

Ummmm Dswartz I hate to inform you of this and I have kept quiet til now but you comment

the welsh side has a long history of hating the british and im just keeping up the cause  

Not all the Welsh hate the English and it certainly shouldn't continue in this age of enlightenment... and although we welcome freedom of speech on this Forum, 'blithely stereotyping other people' is not something we welcome or argee with.

in all honesty, im just kidding around.  lighten up people!

Ok I hope that is the case.

Dschwartz

How many actual British people have you met to dislike them? and I include in the term British the Irish, the Scots, the English, the Welsh(yes the Welsh are British), Liverpudlians, Yorkshiremen, Geordies, Mancunians, Brummies, Cornishmen, Cumbrians and the list goes on.

We are a diverse lot us Brits and some of us will find it very annoying if you think we are all the same.

i know plenty of brits.

and i know an irishman would never consider himself british :)

scottish people are cool with me.  i like irish people when they arent too drunk.  british people get under my skin though.  i think you would have to understand it from an american point of view.  of course, im just speaking generally.  there are all types of people everywhere.  its just a personality conflict mainly.  i just don't appreciate most british humor or temperments.  sorry chaps :P

i dont know anyone who is welsh.  

The one thing that I can say about the British people,  in general,  is they politely try to deal with people like Schwartz,  whereas I wish you all would just ignore his rude remarks until he shuts up or leaves!  I also wish Saruman would lock this thread since it no longer pertains to the subject, only this guy's personal nasty nature. :s3