Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deja Vu of a Deja Vu

Rolci

Most people have deja vus. I was looking at photos the other day on the internet and looked at a picture of a field of flowers that gave me a deja vu feeling. Not the picture itself, I didn't think I'd seen that particular picture before, but still, just sitting there, looking at that picture brought up a deja vu-like feeling in me. And as I was sitting there wondering why this moment should feel familiar, I had a strong feeling that I'd already been sitting here once, looking at this picture, wondering why I was having a deja vu. :D So I was having a deja vu of not only an ordinary action or situation, but of another deja vu, which by the way I don't consciously remember having, either. So often you get this deja vu feeling in situations that you're sure you can't have possibly been in before. It's just strange... But I'm just curious. Has anybody else had a deja vu of a deja vu? :mellow:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *Quinn*

• messengerAZL

• Mr.Dot

• Rolci

Shoot

I once got the Vu about the present that in the past I had Vu of that present. And it was, like, the middle of the night.

Ive had the same deja vu more the twice it was werid it seems that one moment in my life keeps recurring

I'm intrigued by deja vu because it's something that can't be truly proven by science. The claim is that our brains re-remember things within milliseconds, like a loop. Perhaps it's a time loop. What if it is time that is looping by a fraction of a second, and not our brain's cognitive function? A time paradox.

I always take into account how some people, like myself, have slow timing and therefore make bad athletes. Tennis players have to literally percieve things quicker than most people. Some athletes claim that time feels like it's slowing down during such moments. This leads me to believe that most of our brains may be a few milliseconds behind real time. When a bird flies by, perhaps that bird flew by one second sooner than when your mind actually registered it, making you fall behind real time.

If some of us are living a few milliseconds behind real time, that could explain so many cognitive phenomena. If most of us are caught up to real time, perhaps sometimes we fall out of sync, and deja vu is a brief re-syncing of mind and time; thus, giving us the sensation that we already did what we have done. In actuality, our minds may have lapsed ahead of time by a few milliseconds in order to be more in sync with the passing of time. Kind of like a jump start or kick in the ass that ends up pushing you just a few feet too far.

-Chris

I go through this often, but it's mostly because of my seizures, so it's no big deal to me. :hmm:

I'm intrigued by deja vu because it's something that can't be truly proven by science. The claim is that our brains re-remember things within milliseconds, like a loop. Perhaps it's a time loop. What if it is time that is looping by a fraction of a second, and not our brain's cognitive function? A time paradox.

I always take into account how some people, like myself, have slow timing and therefore make bad athletes. Tennis players have to literally percieve things quicker than most people. Some athletes claim that time feels like it's slowing down during such moments. This leads me to believe that most of our brains may be a few milliseconds behind real time. When a bird flies by, perhaps that bird flew by one second sooner than when your mind actually registered it.

If some of us are living a few milliseconds behind real time, that could explain so many cognitive phenomena. If most of us are caught up to real time, perhaps sometimes we fall out of sync, and deja vu is a brief re-syncing of mind and time; thus, giving us the sensation that we already did what we have done. In actuality, our minds may have lapsed ahead of time by a few milliseconds in order to be more in sync with the passing of time. Kind of like a jump start or kick in the ass that ends up pushing you just a few feet too far.

So basically, what I'm saying is that deja vu really is in fact a short time warp to the future by a millisecond or two.

-Chris

P.S. i realize I accidentally posted this twice. I meant to edit my previous post.

Edited by messengerAZL

I get deja vu of a deja vu all the time.

But I'm just curious. Has anybody else had a deja vu of a deja vu? :mellow:

I haven't had a deja vu type experience in a while, but I know exactly what you mean. There have definately been times I experience it and then find myself saying this isn't the first time I've had deja vu of this either.

Weird, isn't it?

I always take into account how some people, like myself, have slow timing and therefore make bad athletes. Tennis players have to literally percieve things quicker than most people. Some athletes claim that time feels like it's slowing down during such moments. This leads me to believe that most of our brains may be a few milliseconds behind real time. When a bird flies by, perhaps that bird flew by one second sooner than when your mind actually registered it, making you fall behind real time.

-Chris

Pretty well put. Don't know if it's true or not, but I like the sounds of it. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

o lol i thought this was deja vu of a pole dancing stripper place called deja vu lol......anyways

yeah ive had deja vu of deja vu feeling a couple of times.its weird

According to Silvia Brown, a famous past life regression hypnotherapist, De Ja vu is when you have been to a place or have seen it in another lifetime. Of course you have to believe in reincarnation to believe in her theory.

yeah Deja Vu is always messed up and I have had many instances of it, also the double Deja vu is somehting I have experienced before aswell and its even more odd because you realise the familiarity with the situation you are in and as you are realising that its familiar, you get a familiar feeling about the deja vu (I often feel a deja vu is caused by a preminition kind of a dream that I am subconsiously remembering, but I really don't know, maybe I had already been in that place and time in an alternate universe or life?)

something really odd I have thought about before is that maybe our brains are actually living in tomorrow and our bodies are stuck a day behind and just kind of going through the predetermind decisions (making it seem familiar) or maybe when you are asleep you somehow travel through the futur of tomorrow before you actually experience it for "real"