Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Underwater Cities

Egyptian-Illuminati

But Cuban archaeology has stated that there is such a city or at least a collection of buildings. Now it may be right or it may be wrong, but what's your evidence that Cuban archaologists are "nutcases"?

No archaeologist has made this statement.

Harte

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The_Spartan

• Harte

• radionactive

• TheSearcher

harte, i am going to post some links in here, review them. i basically think they are natural formations.

Bimini Road

or

linked-image

As to all those Yonaguni Fans..here is bad news

This is the same pic Emma put up in a post before - Unkown City

linked-image

It is a natural formation, found on Yonaguni Jima.

Similary, Essan also pointed out that they are just natural rock formation, fracturing at straight lines...he even gave an example from dartmoor in his post Dratmoor Long lost city? naaah just a natural rock formation

Now for the good news - yonaguni is not a man made formation, now go back to real world, please?

Edited by Da Verminator

:( bad news for skeptics too....

this pic shows a structure on the yonaguni jima island itself.....

linked-image

Edited by Da Verminator

:( bad news for skeptics too....

this pic shows a structure on the yonaguni jima island itself.....

linked-image

I don’t agree that this is bad news for skeptics... if the Yonaguni ‘monument’ had carved doorways leading into chambers, there would be no doubt it was altered and used in antiquity... IMO

here is one more....

Menouthis

Menouthis was a sacred city in ancient Egypt, devoted to the Egyptian goddess and god Isis and Serapis. The city was submerged under water in the 8th century AD as a result of earthquakes or a Nile flood. Its exact location is not known for sure, however a city was discovered by an archaeological team lead by Franck Goddio in 2000 and is thought to be Menouthis.
Source- Wikipedia.org

Submerged Ciies of Egypt - Source-Archaeology.com

Very interesting topic with healthy debate. Great work guys! I seem to remember something about how the during the events of the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami an underwater city was revealed to people on the shore when the waters receded. So I typed tsunami underwater city revealed into google and several sites were returned. Apparently the lost ruins are an ancient city off the southern coast of India near the city of Mahabalipuram, about thirty miles south of Madras. According to the New Zealand Herald the powerful tsunami waves "shifted thousands of tonnes of sand to unearth a pair of elaborately carved stone lions and a stallion". Pretty exciting stuff.

Now of course humans never built cities underwater. But as was earlier mentioned, the planet's sea level was once much lower than it is today, and cities were no doubt built on low lying coastal areas, much as they are now. When water levels rose these cities were submerged and, with time, forgotten.

Soon enough WE will be underwater! Maybe atlantis was a prolonged event... and not an instant one.

Soon enough WE will be underwater! Maybe atlantis was a prolonged event... and not an instant one.

You still dont lose hope on Atlantis, dont you?

Who said we are not underwater?

We have been under the water in submarines. We are staying there under the water in underwater habitats. There are even underwater habitats being sold. here is an example...

Trilobis underwater habitat

and there is an underwater hotel also coming up ...called the hydropolis

Hydropolis

So who says we are not underwater?

If you mean to say at more depths...of course...

MarineLab Undersea Laboratory

Why do you suppose that humans cant live underwater??? your thinking in this manner is an insult to the adaptability and resourcefulness of humans!!

Very interesting topic with healthy debate. Great work guys! I seem to remember something about how the during the events of the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami an underwater city was revealed to people on the shore when the waters receded. So I typed tsunami underwater city revealed into google and several sites were returned. Apparently the lost ruins are an ancient city off the southern coast of India near the city of Mahabalipuram, about thirty miles south of Madras. According to the New Zealand Herald the powerful tsunami waves "shifted thousands of tonnes of sand to unearth a pair of elaborately carved stone lions and a stallion". Pretty exciting stuff.

Now of course humans never built cities underwater. But as was earlier mentioned, the planet's sea level was once much lower than it is today, and cities were no doubt built on low lying coastal areas, much as they are now. When water levels rose these cities were submerged and, with time, forgotten.

Interesting stuff. I believe that southern india was host to some great ancient cities, some of which still around today, with their magnificent temples and some no doubt have sunk in to the ocean, when the water levels changed. I was once told that there was a something maybe a bridge or something like that which linked southern india with sri lanka, but this has long been submereged underwater. How true it i really dont know, but i roughly recall watching a documentary about the changing sea levels, and some scientists claimed they thought they had found this huge link underwater and they showed that large parts on sourhtern india were once clear land and now under the water. Infact i think some of the ancient scriptures refer to this link too, all be it, rather exagerated account. Maybe you guys can shed some light on it. I found the article from new zealand post very interesting, it reminded me of what i heard and seen.

i would like to see some of this evidence on the underwater city in Japan, being a natural formation. As fr cities underwater, it is very plausible, as the sea levels on earth have changed submerging some ancient cities underwater etc. I will see if i can dig up any thing onthis, yeh i know the usual suspects of skeptos will be quick to ridicule anyone, i will try and bring some crdibility to the topic with credible evidence, if i dont find any, then my opinion will be, that we dont have enough proof to suggest we have underwater cities.

city ???as in it has buildings and roads and your next door mcdonalds ???

i have yet to see anything to suggest that this is CITY and like someone already said EMMA gave a TON of evidence proving how natural this really is !!!

city ???as in it has buildings and roads and your next door mcdonalds ???

i have yet to see anything to suggest that this is CITY and like someone already said EMMA gave a TON of evidence proving how natural this really is !!!

Did i miss the evidence or something, i recall seeing her post, which simply said it was a natural formation, i am asking on what basis, does one come to that conclusion, secondly who came to that conclusion, and how credible their analysis is. thats all, if the evidence is there i will accept it. I admit this is a topic i dont know a great deal about, im open to the different views and even the skepto views too.

As for the plausibility of lost cities ending up underwater, is very plausible, as there is enough evidence to suggest that, the water levels, have increased to what it was maybe in the past.

Did i miss the evidence or something, i recall seeing her post, which simply said it was a natural formation, i am asking on what basis, does one come to that conclusion, secondly who came to that conclusion, and how credible their analysis is. thats all, if the evidence is there i will accept it. I admit this is a topic i dont know a great deal about, im open to the different views and even the skepto views too.

As for the plausibility of lost cities ending up underwater, is very plausible, as there is enough evidence to suggest that, the water levels, have increased to what it was maybe in the past.

http://www.robertschoch.net/Enigmatic%20Yo...%20RMS%20CT.htm

http://www.robertschoch.com/

There is Heracleion in Egypt.

Heracleion

and there is Canopus, also in Egypt

Canopus

Both were submerged some 1200 years ago.

As Harte has suggested, Yonaguni is a natural formation and i think Emma has given some good evidence that ther sort of formation under water is also found on the island itself.

Dwaraka, purpoted to be found of the cost of Gujarat State in India is also under contrevorsy since as above natural formations and pottery sherds found have come from ancient shipwrecks etc.

There is no underwater city in the sea near cuba. wherever they find a straight formation, these nutcases deicde it is man made and there is a city there.

The controversey surrounding Dwaraka stems from the fact that some of the older peices could in fact be natural sediment deposits but its still not really proven there needs to be alot more research done

I had heard of a few of these but not the one in japan, it looks manmade, like really manmade, its hard to beleive its not!

Interesting stuff. I believe that southern india was host to some great ancient cities, some of which still around today, with their magnificent temples and some no doubt have sunk in to the ocean, when the water levels changed. I was once told that there was a something maybe a bridge or something like that which linked southern india with sri lanka, but this has long been submereged underwater. How true it i really dont know, but i roughly recall watching a documentary about the changing sea levels, and some scientists claimed they thought they had found this huge link underwater and they showed that large parts on sourhtern india were once clear land and now under the water. Infact i think some of the ancient scriptures refer to this link too, all be it, rather exagerated account. Maybe you guys can shed some light on it. I found the article from new zealand post very interesting, it reminded me of what i heard and seen.

I think you may have heard about this one... known as Rama's or Adam's Bridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam's_Bridge

http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~krishna/NasaImage.html

linked-image

Edited by crystal sage

.. B) actually there are a few places of interest mentioned on this site!!!

New Survey To Reveal 'Britain's Atlantis'

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...80116165058.htm

ScienceDaily (Jan. 18, 2008) — The lost city of Dunwich, Britain's own underwater 'Atlantis', which has captured the imagination of people for centuries, could be revealed for the first time with high-tech underwater sonar.

Related Stories

Ancient Wooden Anchor Discovered (May 17, 2007) — The world's oldest wooden anchor was discovered during excavations in the Turkish port city of Urla, the ancient site of Liman Tepe, the Greek 1st Millennium BCE colony of Klazomenai. The anchor, ... > read more

Ancient Mediterranean Port City May Have Been Holy Land Way Station (Jul. 27, 2000) — A partially submerged city on the Mediterranean Sea in present-day Turkey has yielded a second underwater church, leading researchers to believe the settlement was a magnet for pilgrims traveling to ... > read more

Scientists, Archaeologists And Historians Will Unravel The Mystery Of Egypt's Sunken Cities (Dec. 25, 2000) — The recent discovery of two long-lost cities off the coast of Egypt has been hailed as one of the most exciting finds in the history of marine archaeology. But the location of the sunken cities of ... > read more

Researchers Discover Church Submerged In Ancient Port City (Aug. 19, 1998) — A University of Colorado at Boulder research team led by history Professor Robert Hohlfelder has discovered the remains of a 1,700-year-old Christian church submerged in shallow water in the ... > read more

http://dharma.indviews.com/submerged-dwaraka.htm

linked-image

Dwaraka was a planned city, on the banks of river Gomati. This beautiful city was also known as Dwaramati, Dwarawati and Kushsthali. It had well organized six sectors, residential and commercial zones, wide roads, plazas, palaces and many public utilities. A hall called "Sudharma Sabha" was build to hold public meetings. The city also boasted a good harbour.

Submergence of Dwaraka

After Sri Krishna left for the heavenly abode, and the major Yadava heads were killed in fights among themselves; Arjun went to Dwarka to bring Krishna's grandsons and the Yadava wives to Hastinapur. After Arjun left Dwaraka, it was submerged in the sea. This is the account given by Arjun, in Mahabharat: "The sea, which had been beating against the shores, suddenly broke the boundary that was imposed on it by nature. The sea rushed into the city. It coursed through the streets of the beautiful city. The sea covered up everything in the city. I saw the beautiful buildings becoming submerged one by one. In a matter of a few moments it was all over. The sea had now become as placid as a lake. There was no trace of the city. Dwaraka was just a name; just a memory."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjuna

Dwaraka is regarded as one of the seven most ancient cities in the country. The State Goverment of Gujrat and the Travel & Tourism Department of Gujrat are working on this proposal (for over two decades). When completed, it will be the first museum to be built under the sea. If Dwaraka excavations throw a flood of light on the history of the city which was associated with the life events of Krishna, the under-water excavations of Ayodhya situated on the bank of the river Sharayu might yield valuable information about the historicity of Rama, his age and contemporary urban status.

Source: Report about the excavations done by Dr. S.R. Rao of the Marine Archaeology Unit of the National Institute of Oceanography of India. Dr. S.R. Rao served the Archaeological Survey of India for over 32 years. He is the discoverer of a large number of Harappan sites including the port city of Lothal in Gujarat.

http://www.arianuova.org/arianuova.it/aria...12-Dwaraka.html

linked-image

Edited by crystal sage

;) Note the similarity to the above submerged city???

http://atlantis.haktanir.org/ch7.html

and they are trying to say Bimini is a natural formation

http://www.greatdreams.com/bermuda.htm

linked-image

considered a geofact

linked-image

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_bermuda_5c.htm

The ruins of temples dated at 12,000 years old have been found near Bimini, Bahamas. Preliminary analysis has revealed that the original structures, although smaller in size than the Great Pyramid of Giza, appear to have been more advanced. Casing stones have been measured which are of the same unique angle as those at the Great Pyramid.

The ruins are megalithic and bear a remarkable resemblance to ancient sites in Egypt. So called "quarry marks" found in the Aswan quarries and also on the Great Pyramid, itself, appear to be identical matches with those found on the Bimini temple stones. Other characteristics closely match features at megalithic sites in Peru, the Yucatan, Ireland and Scandinavia. The stones are already drawing international attention and aggressive research and analysis projects are being set up which hope to commence more involved investigations shortly.

linked-image

Edited by crystal sage

;) Note the similarity to the above submerged city???

http://atlantis.haktanir.org/ch7.html

and they are trying to say Bimini is a natural formation

http://www.greatdreams.com/bermuda.htm

linked-image

considered a geofact

linked-image

linked-image

The simple beach rock (which can be found all over the world - even on dry land) that the Cayce worshipers found off Bimini has been dated to 4,000 - 6,000 BC or so, not 12,000 BC as the linked article stated.

There is no doubt among geologists that this is beach rock, pure and simple, and not some sort of construction.

Harte

Harte

http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/bimini2005report.html

Updated Report on May 2005 Bimini—Andros Expedition: Bimini Road-An Ancient Harbor

by Dr. Greg Little

linked-image

http://archaeoblog.blogspot.com/2005_11_01_archive.html

Bimini 'Harbor' update Dr. Greg Little (mentioned in this post on the Bimini 'harbor' responds:

Most academic archaeologists will greatly dislike what is presented. It

is not a pleasant revelation, but the facts will speak for themselves.

I have already had ardent Bimini skeptics who started with ridicule, but

then did what it took to verify the facts--by reading the articles cited

and checking the exact quotes--completely reverse their opinions and

express absolute disgust and outright anger at what happened

. . .

Archaeologist Bill Donato was involved in the expedition and research.

No one is suggesting the two sites that were investigated have anything

to do with Atlantis or Cayce, despite any prior speculation or claims

about it. There are two separate underwater formations at Bimini

separated by about a mile. One of the sites is a series of consistently

spaced stone circles, comprised of massive blocks of limestone arranged

into circular patters. The other formation is typically called the

"Bimini Road." The report has 70 photos depicting the finds, all of

which directly contradict all the assertions made by 4 skeptical

geologists and one archaeologist who was never there. The formations are

identical in size, shape, and construction to a host of ancient

Mediterranean harbors, nearly all of which were made from beachrock.

. . .

I totally understand the skeptical reaction and am sympathetic. I even

had a summary of 1980s research published in the Skeptical Inquirer.

Scientific "truths" do change, and should do so, as knowledge is

furthered. Even long-held cherished beliefs, such as "Clovis-first," can

collapse, although it is painful and can seem to take more time than

some like.

http://www.atlantisquest.com/Bahama.html

http://newsphiles.org/bimini-2007-architec...-by-scientists/

Ancient buildings finally seen for what they are; ancient building constructions. While geologists tried to deny rocks as ‘natural phenomenon’ other scientists spent years investigating.

http://www.mysterious-america.net/ancientmysteries.html

Updated Report on May 2005 Bimini—Andros Expedition: Bimini Road-An Ancient Harbor

by Dr. Greg Little

linked-image

Dr. Greg Little holds a doctorate in therapy from the University of Memphis.

Your link states:

Ancient buildings finally seen for what they are; ancient building constructions. While geologists tried to deny rocks as ‘natural phenomenon’ other scientists spent years investigating.

The only people that see these as "ancient building constructions" are Little and his crew.

Your linked site links to another article, that article is written by Greg Little, not some "other scientists."

The "other scientists" that have "spent years investigating" mentioned above are Little, his wife, and a Bill Donato, holder of a Masters Degree in Archaeology that has never produced any archaeology other than the bogus crap from Bimini.

Donato's masters thesis was about how Atlantis might have existed.

"Marble columns," found years ago near the site, were found amid other stuff such as hardened bags of concrete. All of it was ballast used over the centuries. Perfectly explainable and very, very common in the area.

Spanish, French, English, Portugese and many others used crumbled architectural pieces from the Romans and Greeks (among others) as ballast on their ships since people have been sailing these waters. Until it was all used up.

This is why Little doesn't analyze these "architectural" pieces - because he knows what the results will be and his gravy train in Bimini would end.

Harte

"Marble columns," found years ago near the site, were found amid other stuff such as hardened bags of concrete. All of it was ballast used over the centuries. Perfectly explainable and very, very common in the area.

Harte

Not only as ballast, on the island I live on, every farmer, should he happen to find a column on his property, will dump it into the sea ASAP to avoid having the archaeologist digging up his land. That way a whole acropolis including Poseidon Temple disappeared.

by Dr. Greg Little

linked-image

hmmm.. the disadvantage of knowing how to dive, not knowing anything about sailing and having quite a fantasy:

linked-image

ballast stones

linked-image

more ballast stones

and the source