Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

new planet

makaya325

hey, did everyone see the new planet japanese scientists found?

its a hostile place alright, which adds evidence to the fact earth is likely unique

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pax Unum

• Cradle of Fish

• SkylarYoung

• Undeadskeptic

its a hostile place alright, which adds evidence to the fact earth is likely unique

You have got to be kidding me right???

We can barely see the Jupitor sized planets and have found one rocky planet 10 times the size of earth and that's the smallest we can see. So because we don't have the technology to see them we must be unique?

I can name 3 other planets that may have habitable moon or may be habitable themselves.

Gliese 581c

55 cancri f

HD 69830 d

All within 50 light years, Earth is not unique. We can find planets also by looking at the spectrum of the star, changes in brightness, and polar wobble.

Edited by dest_titor1

when did the Japanese find a new planet?, I heard they were LOOKING for a planet x in the outer solar system, but hadn't actually found anything... could you supply a link to the article about them finding a planet? TIA

Earth unique maybe,...but it's only one planet they've (Japanese) scoped out in an infinite universe.

We've barely traveled to our neighbours next-door (solar planets) let alone the next town/city (galaxy)...

Shouldn't it be Planet IX now that pluto has been demoted?

I probably shouldn't reply as I learned astronomy from Spore lol!

You have got to be kidding me right???

We can barely see the Jupiter sized planets and have found one rocky planet 10 times the size of earth and that's the smallest we can see. So because we don't have the technology to see them we must be unique?

You might want to read this: http://www.planetary.org/news/2007/0425_Mo...Discovered.html

The article talk about Gliese 581c, which is the smallest exoplanet discovered. Its 1.5 times larger than Earth and is located in a region of that solar system which is right for life to develop.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/16mar_sedna.htm

lots of stuff on planet x.

just look up sedna.

LOL, thanks, already knew about Sedna... makaya325's post made sound like they had discovered something recently... :tu:

Moving to a more appropriate section.

LOL, thanks, already knew about Sedna... makaya325's post made sound like they had discovered something recently... :tu:

It's even smaller than our moon. what the hell would that do to our planet.. <_<

although we are not really sure on whats the planets spec really is.

Edited by Legatus Legionis