Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychometry

UM-Bot

Image credit: stockxpert
Image credit: stockxpert
Anthony North: An often neglected area of paranormality is Psychometry. Allied to clairvoyance, it concerns the intuiting of the history of an object. This can be any object, from a rock, to a piece of clothing, to even a letter.

Psychometry means ‘measure of the soul of things,' and was defined by Joseph Rhodes Buchanan in 1849. Buchanan, a physiologist, researched the talent when he met a Bishop Leonidas.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Beyond the Blog

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Ghost Ship

• Enigmatic Ghost

• www375

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe everyone has Psychometric abilities to some degree. The ones who have it in abundance tend to be psychic and can see past present and future events in their minds like a movie.

If a person concentrates a thought upon something then that energy can be read later on in a psycical way by other people. I encounter this sometimes when i visit other people homes.

I'd like to see one of them do that with a dollar bill and go into psychic overload...............lmao

Where I find a problem on both sides of this issue them that have it (can connect) and the scientific prove it community, is that first off: in Getting readings emotion imprints from Objects of the past, or present or future that have strong single past ownership or stronge emothional connection of the past or present or future ( E.I. = Emotional Imprit)and in Second: Connecting with a second party by way of Phone going to in a second ring and knowing who it is, or in Typing chatting with a second party and connecting in and in some cases having had experiences connecting third and forth party or muli-channeling I guess you could call it. The problem with the Scientific deductions or conclusions is that in E.I.ing it has no solid wall or solid touchable feely definite to base a measurement upon, or there are way too many gray areas to pin it, even for the Emotional imprint reader it is all in gray areas with no structure boundaries even in a Metal picture or vision because of the decrement of the Pictures and E.I.’s and that apllies in Ghosts and E.T. visits and Bizarre creatures you see and even a second party or more witnessing seeing but it is then gone. Gray Areas and no solid Misurable evidence unless we are speaking physical markings or broken items or bicycles conking you upside the head or Creatures coming in through the cat doors as it goes banging, but the only thing that matters you us is that someone beileve you and in you. Pavot :yes::wub:

That is why we have a Skeptic and a scientific battle of witts and heated words all the time as so in a Religious believers and a scientific facts or nothing Men.

And Then there is the problem of People being delusional or Mentally unstable and seeing things and hearing things, be it from past youthful or childhood abuse or it stemming from any Life Trauma. It is all very hard to base conclusions upon; this is why the Psychic Institutes are in business.

And then you have the Publicity seekers, the sham artists, and the ones that know that her mouse scratching in the wall is old Aunt Tilda bumping around and saying Howdy. Too Many variables and too Many Gray Areas.

Pavot :whistle:

Edited by Pavot