Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vikstar

Sleeping and Time preception

4 posts in this topic

Is it only me or if you sleep too much, then your memories of before going to sleep seem long way off.

ie

Say on Monday, I went to work 6 am to 2 pm. I came home and slept at 4 pm for 2 hours. Then in night I slept again at 10pm and woke up at 5 to get ready for work again. I don't usually take day naps? But on tuesday, when I woke up and for most part of the day, I felt like monday morning's memories were long way off and not like "yesterday's memories" in a sense. I have noticed it before as well in case if i take long day naps. Does sleeping a bit too much change your time/memory preceptions?

Sleeping has never really changed my perception of time. I think perception of time depends on the individual and how they perceive time. I don't really think sleeping has much to do with it.

Each person has a pineal gland which controls their sleep and wake cycles. Although, i do not know of any studies that show that irregularities in sleeping affect time perception. Too much or too little sleep can cause over or undersecretion of melatonin has been shown to dull the brain, making it appear that time is slower or faster.

Each person has a pineal gland which controls their sleep and wake cycles. Although, i do not know of any studies that show that irregularities in sleeping affect time perception. Too much or too little sleep can cause over or undersecretion of melatonin has been shown to dull the brain, making it appear that time is slower or faster.

and the perception of the moment can influence the memories of that moment. like in times of stress, time seems to go slowly.