Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese pyramids

ScreaminEagle

OH ,IT'S NOT A GOVERMENT COVER UP! disgust.gif how could evrything be a goverment cover-up? blink.gif Please, please i beg you, you must come up with a better excuse then Goverment cover up!

There is a underground pyramid tomb of a king form a many dynsty ago. It is supposed to huge, but since the Chinese are deeply repscetful their elders or ansistors, and are afird of angring the spirits, The have taken the high road and not disicrate someone final place of rest!

Here is some information, but for some reason when you click on a picture it gives you information about the picture but then goes to a 404 Error. So, what I did was I did a screen capture a second after I clicked on the picture and saved it in a paint program to read.

http://webmongrel.com/dzone/chinapyramids/

There is a site that I found a while back that talked about the first Westerner to fly over these monuments and encounter them. It also said of the great deal of secrecy surrounding them. For example, archaeologists could not be permitted in due to the government. I will look for the link. I do not know how to post a link though without typing it myself which sucks. Could someone explain how to me?

Edited by ScreaminEagle

I found some links at a site called Crystalinks.com but I am not Cpu savvy enough yet to bring those links directly to you. Someone tell me how? Also, there was a link that talked of some stone disks, with spiral writing, that were found in the 30's by some Chinese explorers along with a grave of frail skeletons with large heads that were not identified. In the 50's or 60's a scientist cracked the code and reported what they had found. I won't spoil it by paraphrasing it. Check it out. It is very interesting....

Edited by ScreaminEagle

• 14 years later...
On 2/11/2004 at 3:32 AM, ScreaminEagle said:

Does anyone have any info on the pyramids in China? Not much can be found about them due to gov't cover-ups.

I am first and foremost an Egyotologist, however I do know enough about ancient Chinese civilization to provide you with some answers. 

The largest of the ancient Chinese pyramids was built as the tomb of China's First Emperor Chin Shi Huang (r. 221-210 BC). Legend has it that he was obsessed with attaining eternal life and had his wise men scour the known world for a magic elixir that would grant him immortality. It turns out that this "elixir" which happened to be mercury, was likely his very cause of death.

His tomb was said to contain a scale model of his realm, which included rivers of liquid mercury. This is perhaps one of the reasons why the Chinese government is reluctant to excavate the pyramid. If however this pyramid is excavated, it is very likely to contain a complete and undefiled burial from China's earliest dynasty.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I am first and foremost an Egyotologist, however I do know enough about ancient Chinese civilization to provide you with some answers. 

The largest of the ancient Chinese pyramids was built as the tomb of China's First Emperor Chin Shi Huang (r. 221-210 BC). Legend has it that he was obsessed with attaining eternal life and had his wise men scour the known world for a magic elixir that would grant him immortality. It turns out that this "elixir" which happened to be mercury, was likely his very cause of death.

His tomb was said to contain a scale model of his realm, which included rivers of liquid mercury. This is perhaps one of the reasons why the Chinese government is reluctant to excavate the pyramid. If however this pyramid is excavated, it is very likely to contain a complete and undefiled burial from China's earliest dynasty.

Harry, m'dear, this is a necro-thread.  They were last discussing this in 2004.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

@Lord Harry   What are you a firkin fringe hunting zombie?

I don't want to break out my 70s with the rip chains...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/11/2004 at 3:32 AM, ScreaminEagle said:

Does anyone have any info on the pyramids in China? Not much can be found about them due to gov't cover-ups.

Goodness another conspiracy theorist around these parts. Not everything is a state sanctioned cover up. For one thing the Chinese government does in fact intend to excavate the pyramid of Chin Shi Huangdi, but not until the technology is available to preserve the site's archaeological integrity. Apparently the Chinese eventually intend to turn the site into a sort of archaeological museum.

Secondly, according the ancient Chinese historian Sima Qian, the tomb itself is filled with copious volumes of liquid mercury. This has actually been detected on scanning technology. The amount of mercury could pose a potential hazard to both archaeologists and tourists alike.

I also noticed on another of your posts you referenced skeletons with large heads found at an ancient Chinese site. Would you care to provide a link? Surely you are not going to claim aliens were responsible for Chinese civilization? Right?

We are waiting for your response...

Edited by Lord Harry

27 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I also noticed on another of your posts you referenced skeletons with large heads found at an ancient Chinese site. Would you care to provide a link? Surely you are not going to claim aliens were responsible for Chinese civilization? Right?

Harry, this person is long gone. 

*stands back*

*starts 70cc Stihl*

• Haha 4

@ScreaminEagleare you going to participate in your thread? You sir are the one who proposed outlandish claims about the Chinese government covering up the existence of alien built pyramids. Therefore it is your responsibility to answer the objections raised by legitimate historians and archaeologists.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Or did they they not teach you this in von Daniken's discipleship classes?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

@ScreaminEagleare you going to participate in your thread? You sir are the one who proposed outlandish claims about the Chinese government covering up the existence of alien built pyramids. Therefore it is your responsibility to answer the objections raised by legitimate historians and archaeologists.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Or did they they not teach you this in von Daniken's discipleship classes?

Hi Harry

When I say the eagle has landed it is a PC for been shot to sheet. That bird won't be flying again.

jmccr8

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

Harry... darlin'... THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE NORWEGIAN BLUE PARROT!

In the words of Mr. Praline...E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

Don't make me come over there and dunk you in the fjords till you're blue!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why not invite Cladking in for old times sake. That should be good for a few months of mind warping skull exploding fun. Maybe he can bring his Mafdet cuddle toy. Hey Clad! You out there? The kids are board.

Image result for camel with makeup

• Haha 4

Here's an excellent page with a concise historical and analytical rundown of the first chinese emperor's pyramid tomb:  https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4566

From one of the early paragraphs therein which may answer a question posed by the OP:

If you've heard anything about the Mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang, what you've heard is probably incredible. Qin Shi Huang is the same emperor who built the Great Wall of China, so we should expect his mausoleum to be no less impressive. Its best known feature is the Terracotta Warriors, full size sculptures of some 8,000 soldiers, each unique, and each elaborately clothed, painted, and armed with real weapons. A walled city, 2.2 kilometers long, encloses another, 1.3 kilometers long. And within that is the massive earthen pyramid of the tomb itself, a pyramid 350m on a side — that's two and a half times the footprint of Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza. It's not as tall, but it's still 20% larger by volume. Think of all the impressive things you've heard about the Great Pyramid, and then consider that the pyramid at the center of the Mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang is some 20% greater by volume. Another obvious difference is that when the Chinese pyramid was completed, it was elaborately planted with trees and shrubs. Today you can walk its slopes and mistake it for a lush, old-growth forest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Here's an excellent page with a concise historical and analytical rundown of the first chinese emperor's pyramid tomb:  https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4566

From one of the early paragraphs therein which may answer a question posed by the OP:

It is also considered an environmental time bomb. Some of the tons of mercury is starting to escape.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Bastien said:

It is also considered an environmental time bomb. Some of the tons of mercury is starting to escape.

The link I posted addresses the issue of the massive amounts of mercury.

• Like 1

People, I'm getting a bit tired of the necroposting lately. It should be pretty obvious that if you're replying to a post from 2004, that poster is likely not even around here anymore.

As I said in another necroposted thread a day or two ago, if you like the topic, start a new thread about it. It's pretty pointless to try to breathe new life into something so old

Thread closed.

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked