Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
paul the walrus

D.B. Cooper's parachute?

8 posts in this topic

A parachute was recently found buried in the pacific northwest, could it be D.B Coopers? Only time will tell I guess, here is the link to the article that appeared in the news recently:

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/nati...3/26/DB.Cooper/

Could he really have survived and maybe pulled off one of the most interesting heists of all time?

I heard about this yesterday. I've always found the D.B. Cooper story very interesting.

At least they should be able to date the parachute. Of course I don't know enough about " dating " evidence to know how close they could get.

Posted (edited)

There's already a thread on this.... however, they already know that this is the same style of chute DB Cooper used. They currently have the found chute at the FBI office in Seattle where they're trying to find a manufacturers lable to see if it matches one of the reserve chutes Cooper left on the jetliner.

I live in Seattle and our local media here has been pretty hot on this story and the FBI spokes people they've been interviewing are now releasing previously unreleased information about the case (for example, they have Coopers DNA).

They sound pretty darn confident that is Cooper's chute that he used to bail from the aircraft. They haven't said that it is or isn't yet, but they are slightly more than cautiously optimistic.

I'm begining to think this is the real deal.

I've always loved this mystery. I've lived in Seattle all my life and I was 5 years old when Cooper went on his wild little ride. It was pretty much all the adults in my life talked about for several months so it left a real impression on me. LOL

Edited by MissMelsWell

This mystery will never die, what would they do if they found him (if he is still alive) he would be about 80!

This mystery will never die, what would they do if they found him (if he is still alive) he would be about 80!

I'd be real surprised if he was still alive.

It's possible he survived if he did I gotta hand it to him.

It's possible he survived if he did I gotta hand it to him.

Well, at age 80, you'd have to hand it to him... he might be too weak to get it himself! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Sorry, just couldn't resist the "gallows humor."