Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Power of Quartz Crystal

Egyptian-Illuminati

Hey i was wondering if Quartz crystal actually has the properties of holding power, or amplifying it. Im skeptical.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harte

• questionmark

• Egyptian-Illuminati

• Ignus Fatuus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i was wondering if Quartz crystal actually has the properties of holding power, or amplifying it. Im skeptical.
I am not sure exactly how this works but I do know that quartz watches use the quartz to prolong the batteries power, this is called piezoelectricity. Also scientists recently found a new life form I am not for sure where, that is not a carbon based life form. The life form gets all of its food and nourishment from quartz and crystals. I will have to look that back up to find where, but if you want just get back in touch with me and I will find the info for you.

I am not sure exactly how this works but I do know that quartz watches use the quartz to prolong the batteries power, this is called piezoelectricity. Also scientists recently found a new life form I am not for sure where, that is not a carbon based life form. The life form gets all of its food and nourishment from quartz and crystals. I will have to look that back up to find where, but if you want just get back in touch with me and I will find the info for you.

Hmmm.. the quartz watch is called that because it is timed by a quartz crystal.. see here. For more accurate information check out a book at your library.

And...what life form gets nourishment from quartz?

Quartz absolutely holds power.. it IS called piezoelectricity,.. and is a fact..

Many crystals, quartz is one,.. emit electrical power when pressure is applied..

It is a very interesting phenomenon.

Quartz absolutely holds power.. it IS called piezoelectricity,.. and is a fact..

Many crystals, quartz is one,.. emit electrical power when pressure is applied..

It is a very interesting phenomenon.

Not power, they emit electricity in the form of electrons. They take in electrons when the pressure is released.

Conversely, they "swell up" a little when you apply an amperage source, and shrink back down when the source is cut off.

It is this aspect that is used in timepieces.

Harte

Edited by Harte

Interesting. Very interesting. I really want to know what form of life that is that eats crystal.

I also stumbled across in the last couple hours a site that details the experiments they have done with Quartz - they used a crystal oscillator, and a high voltage power source to expand a 1cm block of quartz to 20cm, rendering it weightless...... They showed a 50lb weight hanging off of this contraption that was floating in mid air. In essence they made the quartz's weight go negative. Extremely interesting as how it holds together the theory of atlantis and unknown ways of which the great monuments were built thousands of years ago.

Heres the site - http://keelynet.com/gravity/KFrost.htm

Edited by Egyptian-Illuminati

Interesting. Very interesting. I really want to know what form of life that is that eats crystal.

I also stumbled across in the last couple hours a site that details the experiments they have done with Quartz - they used a crystal oscillator, and a high voltage power source to expand a 1cm block of quartz to 20cm, rendering it weightless...... They showed a 50lb weight hanging off of this contraption that was floating in mid air. In essence they made the quartz's weight go negative. Extremely interesting as how it holds together the theory of atlantis and unknown ways of which the great monuments were built thousands of years ago.

Heres the site - http://keelynet.com/gravity/KFrost.htm

I am still looking for that about the new type of life form. I saw it on the science channel not too long ago. I am having a hard time understanding why I cannot find it. My search words must be off. I know what they said though. I'll keep trying, or better yet I'll ask my bud later. He watched the same show and has a photographic memory.

I am still looking for that about the new type of life form. I saw it on the science channel not too long ago. I am having a hard time understanding why I cannot find it. My search words must be off. I know what they said though. I'll keep trying, or better yet I'll ask my bud later. He watched the same show and has a photographic memory.

As far as I know there is no silica based life form. There are carbon based life forms (the majority on this planet) and sulfur based life forms (a small number of organisms that live in the deep sea).

As far as I know there is no silica based life form. There are carbon based life forms (the majority on this planet) and sulfur based life forms (a small number of organisms that live in the deep sea).

QM,

I believe these are carbon-based life forms that use sulfur instead of oxygen.

AFAIK, no non-carbon-based life forms have ever been found.

Of course, that doesn't mean they don't exist somewhere.

Harte

QM,

I believe these are carbon-based life forms that use sulfur instead of oxygen.

AFAIK, no non-carbon-based life forms have ever been found.

Of course, that doesn't mean they don't exist somewhere.

Harte

Have a look here:

http://www.oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorat...crobiology.html

As far as I know it is only some bacteria (or have been found so far) that base their metabolism on sulfur instead of carbon, but they must somehow include carbon because carbon based organisms seem to feed on them.

Have a look here:

http://www.oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorat...crobiology.html

As far as I know it is only some bacteria (or have been found so far) that base their metabolism on sulfur instead of carbon, but they must somehow include carbon because carbon based organisms seem to feed on them.

Dude,

You're gonna call me on a cannonball vs. a bomb in another thread, I'm gonna make you pay over here!

The microbes you linked to are the ones I was talking about. They are organic (in the sense of organic chemistry - you know - C, H, O, N.) They eat sulfur, but they are carbon based. IOW, their biology is similar to ours. Except they smell worse. Well, worse than some of us!

Harte

Dude,

You're gonna call me on a cannonball vs. a bomb in another thread, I'm gonna make you pay over here!

The microbes you linked to are the ones I was talking about. They are organic (in the sense of organic chemistry - you know - C, H, O, N.) They eat sulfur, but they are carbon based. IOW, their biology is similar to ours. Except they smell worse. Well, worse than some of us!

Harte

:blush:

Ok, if that is the case..(normally you know what you are talking about... so I'll leave it at that)

And no..I am not vindictive *makes note to really push a big one down Harte's throat* :D

And about smell...if you want to empty you class room in a hurry...may I recommend some ferrosulfide mixed with a little water?

:blush:

Ok, if that is the case..(normally you know what you are talking about... so I'll leave it at that)

And no..I am not vindictive *makes note to really push a big one down Harte's throat* :D

And about smell...if you want to empty you class room in a hurry...may I recommend some ferrosulfide mixed with a little water?

Dude,

Ever heard of asafoedita?

Asafoetida is a plant from the Apiaceae family, which includes carrots, parsley, dill, celery, caraway, fennel, and lovage. Most similar in appearance to fennel, asafoetida smells like rotting feet, which causes many cooks to feel nervous about using the herb. In fact, some countries refer to asafoetida as Devil's Dung because of the foul smell.

Source

Pronounced "Assafedita."

That'll clear the room in a dadburn hurry!

Harte