Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Military May Run Out Of Money

schadeaux

Bush letting the army go broke until after November election

"The military will have no money to pay for the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan for three months beginning Oct. 1 because the White House is declining to ask Congress for funding until December or January, well after the presidential election... The fiscal year - the government's spending year - runs from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30 annually. Funds for 2004, therefore, run out Sept. 30, 2004... President Bush is not asking Congress for a 2005 supplemental until December or January, according to Pentagon comptroller Dov Zakheim. U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told reporters Tuesday the decision not to request a supplemental rested with the White House. He could not explain why the administration would allow a three-month gap in funding the war on terror, ostensibly its top priority."

Blurb by: Daily Rotten

Full Story: Military.com

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Stamford

• ScreaminEagle

• Talon

Top Posters In This Topic

the military can recruit criminals in jails.

Hopefully as cannon-foder.

Edited by Talon S.

Forget the money. My cousin is over there right now.

I voted for the man while I was serving my country. I think he is doing the job that his father couldn't back in the early 90's. I am very proud to have served under him. I fought in Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq as CH-47D Chinook crewchief and got to hear him give speaches that the everyday joe schmo doesn't hear. He may not be the smartest man but he is a good war president and loves his country. That is what we needed after Sep. 11 or has everyone forgotten about that. I do not like the American casualties and some have been my close friends but there is a method to what we are doing and that is making the world a safer place.

Anybody that is anti-war should Removed pack up and move somewhere else Removed. Love it or leave it thumbsup.gif

Edited by Aslan

Anybody that is anti-war should pack up and move somewhere else. Love it or leave it 

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Aslan

Is anyone else getting tired of this? disgust.gif

ScreaminEagle you are welcome to your views, but chances are you are about to get your butt censored!! disgust.gif

Censored for what? My patriotism? My First ammendment rights? That is what we are a democracy and we are the greatest nation in the world, bar none. If I offended anyone, I'm not sorry because I have that right. I'm offended that ur offended. Nancy-hippie! I'm also a veteran I have the right. Have you ever been to combat or do you just sit around drinkin tea and eatin crumpets all day?

Edited by ScreaminEagle

Is anyone else getting tired of this? disgust.gif

ScreaminEagle you are welcome to your views, but chances are you are about to get your butt censored!! disgust.gif

I bet you just moved to England from France!

Censored for what? My patriotism? My First ammendment rights?

Nah, mate, just your use of the "F" word.

Have you ever been to combat or do you just sit around drinkin tea and eatin crumpets all day?

I love tea and crumpets!! thumbsup.gif

I'm offended that ur offended. Nancy-hippie!

How did you know my name? Who blabbed? whistling2.gif

That is what we are a democracy and we are the greatest nation in the world, bar none.

I admire a well thought out impartial statement.

I'm also a veteran I have the right. Have you ever been to combat or do you just sit around drinkin tea and eatin crumpets all day?

Heres a novel idea; have you ever been to another country on holiday? You know, meet the locals, experience their culture, not run around shooting at them?

This one is my personal favourite:

If I offended anyone, I'm not sorry because I have that right.

Ahhhh, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!!! wub.gif

Censored for what? My patriotism? My First ammendment rights? That is what we are a democracy and we are the greatest nation in the world, bar none. If I offended anyone, I'm not sorry because I have that right. I'm offended that ur offended. Nancy-hippie! I'm also a veteran I have the right. Have you ever been to combat or do you just sit around drinkin tea and eatin crumpets all day?

I bet you just moved to England from France!

grin2.gif

Did u go to school?

LoL an they wonder why theres an anti-american sentiment all around the world.

So in your estimation we only have the right to have an opinion if we've been in combat?

Ok how is that democracy? ill give u a minute to think about that, it may hurt your head.

He may not be the smartest man but he is a good war president and loves his country

Makes me feel so much better that hes got his fingers on the button lol.

You you comments are bordering on the fascist..... oh but i forgot your all for democracy.

Now go to school an learn before offending every culture you can possibly think of, then come back.

*wonders if wunarmdscissor is really a guy since he hits like a girl*

Edited by joc

*wonders if wunarmdscissor is really a guy since he hits like a girl*

Stamford wonders if it will ever be possible to have a debate over Iraq without the Pro-War community resorting to name calling?

I have to admit that we are on a record here though; page 1!!!!

Thats because most of the pro-war lot ie. joc , screamin eagle have shown a serious lack of intellect.

Stamford wonders if it will ever be possible to have a debate over Iraq without the Pro-War community resorting to name calling?

Actually the only one that really resorts to name calling is wunarm. It is sort

of his signature I think.

*wonders if anyone on the left has a sense of humor*

When did i name call?, oh you mean when i responded to the highly offensive, bigoted and expletive laced statement by screamin eagle , who challenged my right to freedom of speech.

Well if thats what you were referring to then yeah, so what?

You on the other hand.... Well your responses can help make everyone elses minds up for them, no need for me to intervene there.

I'm going to nip this one in the bud; it's going the way of all the others.