Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ziggy455

Lucid Dreaming?

7 posts in this topic

Ok i really want to lucid dream and i have tried alot of things so induce one but alas...nothing..i tried a dreaaam journal and stuff like that for a few weeks but i can't lucid dream so i have some questions:

does anyboody know if i can download lucid dream inducing music or anything like that?

is there a faster way to lucid dream? like a 1 night method?

and can people send me some links for better advice and things you might think may help?

PLEASE HELP ME!

http://www.dreamviews.com

has both tutorials and forums. You can easily find product review posts in those forums for any of the many mp3 lucid induction recordings (some of which are free).

There is apparently no method that works for everybody.

Hope that helps.

I don't think there is a one-night method, unless you have a great deal of luck on your side. Have you tried the reality check method? Get yourself into the habit of asking yourself: "Am I dreaming?" and then do a reality check: try to levitate, for example. Repeat this several times a day, the more you do this the more effective it will become. When it becomes second nature to you, you will unwillingly do the same during your dreams, and since anything is possible in a dream, you will probably pass the reality check. Or fail, depending which way you look at it. :) Anyway, out of the dozens of various methods I find this one to be the most reliable and make the most sense. You might also want to check out http://www.ld4all.com/guide.html . Hope this helps.

Here is a couple of methods that may help:

While you are awake and funcioning for most of the day Set an alarm on your cellphone/watch for every hour. when the alarm goes off tell yourself: "I am dreaming"

Do this for several days, eventually while you are sleeping you will remember this pre-conditioning of your mind. And while dreaming you will say "I am Dreaming" and you can enter a lucid state within your dream.

Another method is using a soft alarm while sleeping or voice message that is timed to go off perhaps once or twice during the night, reminding you that you are dreaming.

Quite often I can reach a lucid state after being slightly woken up (my wife nudges me when a start snoring) and this usually works for me. Don't expect a full success, it takes focus during the dream to not allow yourself to get too caught up.

Strange thing lately... I've gone to bed at night recently saying to myself that I will fall asleep and never wake up again, Been the best sleeps I've had in ages (I usually sleep 6 1/2 - 7 hrs a night).

If you want to spend a few bucks you could try a NovaDreamer -- this is a mask that you wear at night which uses motion detectors to tell when you reach REM state -- it wil then flash lights in your eye to help you trigger a lucid dream.

You can get them from the Lucidity Institute -- just do a net search. I'm not sure if they still make the NovaDreamer, but they have other models, some are cheap, some are expensive.

But having said that, part of your problem is that you are being too impatient. You mentioned that you have been trying a few weeks -- sometimes it takes a long time to learn a skill, any skill, and the same goes for lucid dreaming. Some people are "gifted" and can get their right away, but others need to work at it and build up their skills.

Also, your desire for a "one night method" may be blocking you -- you may be trying to force it -- just be patient, relax and work on it night after night -- you'll get there.

Read the book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LeBerge -- there's a lot of great methods in that book.

I've gone to bed at night recently saying to myself that I will fall asleep and never wake up again, Been the best sleeps I've had in ages (I usually sleep 6 1/2 - 7 hrs a night).

That is an interesting mantra. Maybe you could say more about where you got the idea, and whether your recitation is accompanied by any emotional or physical feelings (for example, "letting go" or resignation, or ...?).

It ties into some very widely discussed imagery about sleep and meditative states, and so anything you say about it would be interesting.

BTW, what you suggest about asking yourself (or reminding yourself) about dreaming while you are awake is a religious practice in some Buddhist sects. For them, asleep or awake, the answer to the question "Am I dreaming?" is always yes.

Posted (edited)

That is an interesting mantra. Maybe you could say more about where you got the idea, and whether your recitation is accompanied by any emotional or physical feelings (for example, "letting go" or resignation, or ...?).

It ties into some very widely discussed imagery about sleep and meditative states, and so anything you say about it would be interesting.

BTW, what you suggest about asking yourself (or reminding yourself) about dreaming while you are awake is a religious practice in some Buddhist sects. For them, asleep or awake, the answer to the question "Am I dreaming?" is always yes.

It was in a long forgotten magazine article I read in the doctors office.

It described these students experimenting in Lucid dreaming, and this was one of their methods, telling themselves several times each day "I am dreaming".

It got me started in investigating this Lucid dreaming.

It took me several months before it worked...

Funny thing was, I gave up on it and I realized during a dream that I was dreaming, and I took control.

I manage to do this one or twice a month now, although my control is far from perfect (its been 2-3 years since I read that article) I do get to "play" with the dream which is well worth the effort.

I'd like to one day be able to go further with the dream-state.

My best efforts have granted me a trip into space so far. It was rather a weird experience.

Perhaps with age, having kids, did my best... I have to feel comfortable in possibly leaving this earth suddenly (losing a lot of friends and family when you hit the 40's)... So I started trying to be comfortable with what I have done so far in my life.

Edited by Magnatude