Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead wife contacts man via SMS

UM-Bot

mobilephone.jpg
A lancashire man whose house has a chilling reputation for poltergeist activity claims he is being haunted by text messages from his dead wife, the Blackpool Gazette reports. Frank Jones, 59, was obliged 12 years ago to have his home in Windsor Avenue, Thornton, exorcised after a malevolent spirit dubbed "The Thing", which had already driven one terrified family from the house, turned its attentions on him and his wife and kids.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Register

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Radian

• Mademoiselle

• Amarali2012

• Solitaia

"sensed a vile smell"? wth?

That's sad and touching at the same time. I hope they can eventually rest in peace.

the sms thing scares the crap out of me. random texts from a phone that was buried with a body!

The pre exorcism sounds like a Demonic entity , rather than a past away human. As for the present smells of perfume and tobacco, both will linger in a home for many years after some one dies. It gets in to the wood so any humidity will draw them out.

As for the Text messages...... I would have to see it first hand. Sounds more like a bad joke being played.

IMO :yes:

Sometimes text and voice messages arrive late. A friend of mine lost her husband about a week before Thanksgiving in an automobile accident on his way home a few years ago. I brought her over to my house for Thanksgiving dinner because I didn't want her and the kids to be alone. After dinner we were sitting at the table talking and her phone gave the ring to let you know that you have a voice message. She picked up the message and it was her husband saying he was on his way home and he loved her. I mean this is all very understandable as it wasn't uncommon for me to miss voice mail from my family/friends and get it late, but we still thought it was sorta weird.

Kinda creepy, imagine yourself sleeping at night just the day when you purely accidentally killed your friend, and you wake up at midnight only to find your cell ringing and your friends name written on it, when you pick up the phone, there is just silence.....(you are hearing graveyard noises also) HELL LOT CREEEPY.

What above guy mentioned is also creepy...

I had a weird experience with my cell phone right before my good friend passed away. . .I don't know why, but I was looking through my phone and I had a number in there of another friend that had passed away and I said to myself "I wonder who elses number I'll keep in here even after they're gone. . ." and my other friends name flashed up like she was calling me, but it only rang once. . .I asked her if she called and she said no, that she didn't even have my new number. . . and a couple of days later she died in a bad car wreck. . . and, I do still keep her number in my phone. I just thought that was a very strange experience, especially considering she didn't have my new number to call me at. I didn't believe her, so I checked her phone, and she was telling the truth, my number really wasn't in there. Crazy things, cell phones are.

• 4 weeks later...

That's interesting

Sounds like a perfect story for another bad hollywood horror.

YEAH "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST NIGHT"!!!

Ghosts txting us? lol. I'm used to them contacting us through the old-fashioned & traditional ways.. A postal letter would be pushing it, but could work since it doesn't involve technology :P

The only technology I've known ghosts to be involved in is powering appliances while they're unplugged and being caught in radio/tv frequency.

That will be the day when a ghost emails us from their grave.. or how about fax.

• 1 month later...

haha this reminds me of "ONE MISSED CALL" the movie.

omg, that movie was sooo good, but it freaked me out a bit too.

cause afterwards, i found my cell and it had one missed call.

i called it back and it said the number was "unavailiable" or something like that.

freeeeeeeky much ?

And btw .. battery????????

Could have been Duracell's. ''They keep going and going and going and.....''

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise if this is off topic, I was cuddling with my sweetie one night on his bed. My phone was across the room, a minimum of four yards away. Suddenly their house phone rang and his sister answered. The call came from my cell phone. Nothing could be heard coming out of the reciever and the last call out from my phone was six hours prior and to my own home.

Also recently here I have been recieving calls from a 000-000-0000. I was only able to answer it once. There was dead silence, nothing there. Every other time, right as I reach the phone I get a missed call.

I apologise if this is off topic, I was cuddling with my sweetie one night on his bed. My phone was across the room, a minimum of four yards away. Suddenly their house phone rang and his sister answered. The call came from my cell phone. Nothing could be heard coming out of the reciever and the last call out from my phone was six hours prior and to my own home.

Also recently here I have been recieving calls from a 000-000-0000. I was only able to answer it once. There was dead silence, nothing there. Every other time, right as I reach the phone I get a missed call.

Sounds fake but if your serious that's pretty damn scary.

Sounds fake but if your serious that's pretty damn scary.

The first incident happend in 2004 on an older Nokia non-flip style phone. The second incident I am told is a computer accidentally calling my phone. But yes this did really happen and I was hoping by posting this someone might explain to me what may have happened. I am a believer supernatural and paranormal occurance however, I do not believe this is the work of ghosts. An electronic FUBAR is the more likely culprit.

• 2 weeks later...

It always amuses me when some one says they hear a ghost or spirit breathing. Why on earth would it be breathing? I guess the fair argument would be that they engage in activities they were familiar with in life, but its just hard for me to believe. Breathing is sign of life. Not a sign of the after life.

Maybe the house wasn't necessarily cleansed the first time they complained about paranormal activity. If it were demonic haunting as they thought and it still remained, it wouldn't surprise me that it's still playing around with the man, and his grief. jmo.