Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magnatude

"Asteroid" 1991 VG

5 posts in this topic

Although I prefer to believe that Unidentified Craft are likely time-travelers/extra-dimensional beings/Secret Ops/earthly-origin before saying they are Extraterrestrial...

An interesting bunch of information here to consider:

Jim Scotti Email on his discovery of 1991 VG

Java applet Tracking 1991 VG

Dr Duncan Steel

Dr Steel's PDF file discussing this object

Space.com article (includes 1991 VG)

We should know for sure by Late July 2016.

Asteroid? or Probe?

lol...

Gee I didnt expect this kind of feedback... "crickets"

Guess its just too much reading, not enough pictures.

Doing more research (a few of you know I'm a SF Artist, and currently writing a Graphic novel) on the subject:

An article from the Anomalies Network brings to light some interesting parallels to another "asteroid", 2000 SG344

Nine years after 1991 VG made its close approach to the Earth, another unusual object drifted in from deep space. Discovered on September 29, 2000, by astronomers David Tholen and R. Whiteley at the University of Hawaii, the object was again presumed to be a NEO—an asteroid on a path that occasionally brought it near the Earth.

Catalogued “2000 SG344,” the object approached to within 4,800,000 miles of the Earth, or about 20 times farther away than the distance from the Earth to the Moon. This was nowhere near as close as the approach of 1991 VG, but again not all that far on a celestial scale. The object appeared to be anywhere from 98 to 230 feet in diameter, depending on whether or not it was actually an asteroid and what type of material it was composed of.

Checking earlier sky data, astronomers found “pre-discovery” images of SG344 in a May 1999 photo archive. These images, combined with the more current data, suggested that the object was last in Earth’s vicinity in 1971. The Apollo space program was in full swing that year, so it was immediately apparent that SG344 might be a spent rocket booster, most likely a Saturn IV-B used as the third stage for a Saturn V Apollo launch vehicle.

However, David Tholen, one of the two discoverers of SG344, was not so certain: “The only Apollo launches in 1971 were Apollo 14 and 15, but the S-IV-B stages from those missions crashed into the Moon. The wild card is Apollo 12. Its S-IV-B stage apparently wound up in an Earth-circling orbit. There is a possibility that the Moon perturbed Apollo 12’s S-IV-B into an orbit around the Sun. In that case, the important time is not when Apollo 12 launched [in 1969], but instead when the Moon might have nudged the booster into its new orbit.”

Tholen further noted that images of SG344 suggested an elongated object, rotating about once every ten minutes. “That sure sounds like the shape of a Saturn booster,” he said. “But we’ve also found asteroids that match that description. ”

Whatever it is, 2000 SG344 has an orbital period of 354 days, slightly less than that of the Earth, which revolves around the Sun in 365.2 days. By comparison, the object 1991 VG orbits the Sun in a slightly greater period of 379.6 days. The objects move in orbital paths parallel to the Earth like runners on a track. They eventually overtake and pass one another, and we are left to decide whether this is a purely natural circumstance or one that is artificial…and if artificial whether it is an accident of our own space program or deliberate on the part of someone or something.

The article also mentions Bracewell Probes.

Another article from a book "Dynamics of comets and asteroids and their role in earth history" by Shin Yabush**a, J. Henrard. gives theory that this type of asteroid could be a remnant impact ejection from the moon.

An interesting Space.com article on a NEO mission concept. What we could learn or gain even if these objects are "natural asteroids".

With further knowledge on 1991 VG, we can also conclude from Sgt. Clifford Stone's testimony (its in one of the parts of his video testimony) , that the object is/or isn't what he claims it to be.

There are plenty of articles promoting all sides of conjecture, whether the object is a lost man-made debris (rocket stage), a possible man-made structure that we do not know about yet, a strangely acting natural asteroid or ejecta from a moon collision, or perhaps the possible probe of a alien technology.

We wont know until a mission has been launched , or until it passes earth again in 2016. and even later for "2000 SG344"

Actually, I find this all pretty interesting...but there's no way to come to much a of a conclusion though. It'a like Mr. Scotti said:

....So, the debate is still alive, and may continue to be so until someone

can recover it next time it comes back around and then someday we can go

out and take a close look. Does it have a regolith or a rocky surface or

does it have "USA" or "CCCP" painted on the side? My guess is that it is

indeed a natural object, but if it is manmade, perhaps it is a Saturn IVB

stage from one of the early Apollo missions. As I recall, at least one

left the 3rd stage in a high Earth orbit that would have eventually been

perturbed into solar orbit.

Not much we can really say until we can get a better look at it!

I just recently found out about this object. When I first tried to look it up under normal means I came up with absolutle nothing. About 45 minutes later I found a single pic of a document about it. After about 3 hours I found 8 sources. Not one single source agrees with any of the others. ALL have different calculations on this thing. I have seen measurements in diameter rangeing from 6 feet to 30 meters. The intercepting course with Earth ranges from less than a year to over 20 years. Astronomers can't track it well because of this and also because it tends to alter it's speed, orbit, magnetude, well pretty much everything. This object does not act like a any celestial body that I know of. One other thing that this object likes to do is this..... When it is on a collision course with something else, it moves out of the way to avoid any and all possible impact. This means that it has some sort of sensory equipment and propulsion. Also the coloring of this object is like no other asteroid. It has a very bright, polished metallic surface. I also have seen sufficient proof that this is, in no way, shape, or form, any debris from any launches from Earth of any kind. So..... What the hell is it??

One other puzzeling thing is this..... Why is it that there are absolutlely ZERO pictures of it? NONE WHAT SO EVER! I have tried multiple search engines and maybe about 100 sites and have found nothing. Why is this? Wikipedia, a site that has a little bit of some thing on EVERYTHING, has absolutely NO info on it at all.

Differences on every single calculation from one site to another. Astronomers can't track it well at all. Absolutely ZERO pictures of it. Why? How is this possible when with our technology we can "see" black holes and dark matter by useing gravitational lenseing but we can't agree on any of it's calculations, track something with in our own solar system, or come up with a picture?