Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pineal Gland awakening ?

NickT

Go on a spartan diet, don't intake any sugars, carbs, or anything bad in general. Avoid flouride in completely, brush your teeth with teeth stain remover(recommend rembrandt), and stop using CRT Monitors/TV's and stop being exposed to very high voltage electrical lines.

It's a magneto sensitive gland and is suppressed and calcifys as life goes on and due to inactivity.

Just some suggestions.

Boy,I cant imagine myself doing that X).I've never heard of the pineal gland before,this is interesting stuff.

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post on your forums.

Last year, on a few occasions, I have had experiences that i could not explain. After some research I stumbled upon this forum and the source of my experience, the 'pineal gland'. I will try to explain them to my best ability.They occured while I was extremely relaxed, in a deep sleep. While sleeping, i felt great pressure on my body as well as the center of my brain. As I Woke up i could not control my body. Although I was semi-asleep I felt a floating sensation. This experience greatly frightened me, so I fought the sensation in order to regain the control of my body. Once i have fully awaken and was able to move, my Head was throbbing. As soon as i opened my eyes, there was an extremly LOUD Crack at the root of my brain. It hurt for a bout 5 minutes, no less. I usually lay still until the pain wore off, because i thought i had high blood pressure that caused the pain and such. I'm 23, so the blood pressure isnt an issue here.

The experiences have been occuring for about 3 months, once or twice a week. But i learned how to quickly block the sensations and regain the control of my body ( What a fool i was to do that). After a year or so since my last experience, i have by random chance watched a documentary that was talking about the 3rd eye, the pineal gland, the poping sounds. I instantly recalled my experience and thought to myself, why did I try to Block them, rather then try to fully experience it. I dont know what caused my pineal gland to act up like that. I have tried not to sleep for 2 days and then go back into a deep sleep, and activate the pineal gland but in vein.

About 3 weeks ago I have taken up Qi-Gong/Chi-Gong. I meditate on a daily basis, trying to excite my pineal gland. So far nothing yet.

Did anyone have such an experience or know the cause what could have triggered it. The cracking sound in my head was so loud as if someone shot a gun near my ear. Not to mention the headache afterwards.

Sorry for such a long post, but I'm very very curious. Maybe i have some dormant abilities that i need to wake up and learn to control?

Thank You in advance.

Nick.

Hm... I'm not sure of this popping sound, because to my recollection, I've never heard it, or if I have, I just thought it was due to something else. I have noticed though, that if I take the time throughout the day to really focus on my surroundings, and breathe deeper and slower, as if I was trying to meditate while doing mundane tasks, a lot of weird things start to crop up, that I may not have noticed before.

A few days ago, I was attempting to do this, because I notice it happens almost all of the time where I try to focus and be more aware, and while doing this, some of the electrical equipment near me started going haywire. :\ We carry radios at work, and mine would just erupt in all this static noise, while everyone else's will be fine. And the computer would freeze up, so I had to call tech support, and have them fix it for me. It was really weird. Oh, and my cell phone wouldn't go off, twice XP, when it was supposed to. :hmm: So this was either a really strange and random chain of coincidents, or I really need to learn how to focus without making everything around me go offline. XP And it will be different each time. One time when I tried to do it, I would just hear strange noises, like people whispering. Or seeing shadows flitter across everywhere. :\

And what you're describing, reminds me a lot of almost astral projecting. I'll get intense vibrations and buzzing, not really a popping, I don't think, and then feeling either really encumbered, or extremely light, as if I'm being lifted out of bed. It could also be a night terror related issue, or a physical ailment. It does sound a lot like a verge on astral projection, to me anyways. I will get this sensation in my head that can literally hurt, when the vibrations become too intense for me. I don't know what it means, like if it means I'm resisting, or trying too hard, or what. Sometimes I will just wake up with this sensation, or the sensations will be the thing that wakes me up, and sometimes it's self-induced, when I'm trying an OBE.

Anyways, I hope you find out what it is, and hopefully it's nothing serious. :no:

• 2 weeks later...

In my personal experience, when the pineal is healthy and operating normally, the popping sound occurs in the middle of the brain (not the base as you indicate), and is not associated with any pain whatsoever. I usually first recognize it while I'm finishing my first cup of coffee in the morning, and I imagine this may be due to the shutdown of melatonin and activation of serotonin by morning sunlight? Anyway, just a slight pop is heard -- like the release of a light pressure caused by suction. The idea of the lens of the pineal eye opening seems to describe the sound very well. If you are experiencing a very loud crack at the base of the brain with serious associated pain, then to me this does not sound anything at all like the doings of your pineal. I suggest seeing a qualified neurologist. Best wishes!

The pineal gland also has rods and cones like an eye.

No, it doesn't.

It has cells in it called pinealocytes that resemble the photoreceptors in the eye, and this is only in the lower vetebrates and certainly not in humans.

Pinealocytes in lower vertebrate animals have a strong resemblance to the photoreceptor cells of the eye. Some evolutionary biologists believe that the vertebrate pineal cells share a common evolutionary ancestor with retinal cells.[5]

Source

It is my understand Clovis, that we all use it to some extent or it would become calcified.

Then you have an improper understanding of the pineal gland.

do you guys know if the pineal popping is only a one-time thing in order for you o be activated for the rest of your life?

One cannot possibly "activate" one's pineal gland.

But in either case the pineal gland (soul) and the pituitary gland (personality) have to become balanced with each other in order to create a mutual electromagnetic shield around the two, for your astral body to seperate from your physical body, and this is represented by the popping sound.

That is on par with some of the most sublimely ridiculous statements I've ever had the displeasure to peruse at Unexplained-Mysteries.

anyway all i wanted to know is whether or not its a one time thing???! anybody know?

I believe that what you ought to do, in order to arrive at an answer to your question, is to go ahead and separate your body and your soul.

Please waste no time in doing this.

The sooner the better.

Harte

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Everyone.

This is my first post on your forums.

Last year, on a few occasions, I have had experiences that i could not explain. After some research I stumbled upon this forum and the source of my experience, the 'pineal gland'. I will try to explain them to my best ability.They occured while I was extremely relaxed, in a deep sleep. While sleeping, i felt great pressure on my body as well as the center of my brain. As I Woke up i could not control my body. Although I was semi-asleep I felt a floating sensation. This experience greatly frightened me, so I fought the sensation in order to regain the control of my body. Once i have fully awaken and was able to move, my Head was throbbing. As soon as i opened my eyes, there was an extremly LOUD Crack at the root of my brain. It hurt for a bout 5 minutes, no less. I usually lay still until the pain wore off, because i thought i had high blood pressure that caused the pain and such. I'm 23, so the blood pressure isnt an issue here.

The experiences have been occuring for about 3 months, once or twice a week. But i learned how to quickly block the sensations and regain the control of my body ( What a fool i was to do that). After a year or so since my last experience, i have by random chance watched a documentary that was talking about the 3rd eye, the pineal gland, the poping sounds. I instantly recalled my experience and thought to myself, why did I try to Block them, rather then try to fully experience it. I dont know what caused my pineal gland to act up like that. I have tried not to sleep for 2 days and then go back into a deep sleep, and activate the pineal gland but in vein.

About 3 weeks ago I have taken up Qi-Gong/Chi-Gong. I meditate on a daily basis, trying to excite my pineal gland. So far nothing yet.

Did anyone have such an experience or know the cause what could have triggered it. The cracking sound in my head was so loud as if someone shot a gun near my ear. Not to mention the headache afterwards.

Sorry for such a long post, but I'm very very curious. Maybe i have some dormant abilities that i need to wake up and learn to control?

Thank You in advance.

Nick.

I'm experiencing the EXACT SAME THING AS YOU. the parts that i bolded.

i don't know about the pineal gland, but the whole experience is so annoying.

happened this morning too. all i wanted to do was sleep, but nooo, i had to wake up

or else i knew my body would force me to astral project.

• 10 months later...

Hey all ,my first post. I am highly interested in learning how to activate my pineal gland...Can any kind of sound do it? Anways, i couldnt find on here exactly how to do it.. like a step by step basic beginners guide or something. Please help. snip

Edited by Superman
Don't post your e-mail address.

Don't know too much about it (read small articles here & there) just that the Egyptians were heavy into it (spiritual awakening etc) which was represented by the Pine Cone. Which incidentally was stolen by the crusades and brought to Europe. Might help explain (err kind of) why the Vatican has it (massive Pine Cone monument) decorating the square, wtf for is anyone's guess, has nothing to do with catholicism/christianity(?)

Hey all ,my first post. I am highly interested in learning how to activate my pineal gland...Can any kind of sound do it? Anways, i couldnt find on here exactly how to do it.. like a step by step basic beginners guide or something. Please help. snip

First of all you don't need to activate it because it's working all the time. It regulates things like sleep patterns by producing melatonin.

This gland will not give you super powers nor can you control it with thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I had to create an account just to comment on this.

While it sounds like everyone here is working hard at becoming more spiritual, please start thinking for yourself... PLEASE stop believing everything you read on the internet.

The Pineal gland is always working, it has "special" cells made specifically for releasing hormones into the blood stream. You cannot "activate" it to give you super powers (much like the post above me said). In no way can it break off and become activated like someone else said (force has to come from somewhere)

As far as the "Pineal gland and the pituitary gland working in rhythm to create electromagnetic forces to free your mind..." Have you ever studied the least bit of science/biology in your life? I don't even know where to start here... perhaps... no, never mind, I'm not even going to start.

-It is not involved in seeing... period. I like the idea of having a "third eye", but in no way is it an eye, of any sort. Even the statements of it being activated/inhibited by daylight seem biologically based, but that's just not how things work.

-There is no physical way for anything in your brain to make a "popping" noise. If your brain pops, you wouldn't be alive long enough to know it happened.

-The pineal is not "magneto"/field sensitive at all. The cells and their metabolic processes just aren't sensitive to that.

-The gland does not go "inactive" throughout your lifetime.

-It is not responsible for your personality or whatever was claimed. I feel bad for you if your personality can be explained by a gland.

I can go on, but I don't want to be too harsh. I just had to comment because my friend asked me about this issue and directed me here. He trusts my opinion because I've been studying very hard for years now and am about to finish my degree in Neuroscience.

You can question my education all you want, but if I can drive at least one person to do some of their own research into the brain (and I mean teaching yourself, not just reading an article for fact), my mission is accomplished.

I wish everyone luck with your meditation, I practice it every day and it does truly do great things for you.

Edited by VonLininesch
  • Like 1

Sounds like astral projection/sleep paralysis...Doesn't sound like the pineal gland(The Third Eye) is the issue here...

The floating feeling was caused by you're spiritual body sepearting from you're physical...The pooping sound is what alot of people hear durin speperation...I've heard it when tryin to AP also, it's a very neat experience...

but sleep paralysis has nothing to do with astral projection.

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine if you could control your Pineal gland and become a shapeshifter - able to create and release the hormones of every living creature and change your shape and DNA accordingly whenever you wanted.

Then again... the realms of possibility prevent this or do they?

The Pineal gland isn't a physical eye - its a third eye or a chakra or a spiritual place to receive astral light. when you become enlightened you have an inner sun, kind of like a little explosion in your head and you have to concentrate to stop yourself from ..well blowing up or something.. I think Buddha had a similar experience and had to really concentrate to move and to control that explosion.

anyone seen this?

AAAAHAAA!!!! Explains a lot, Shamanism and stuff.. I either want an NDE or a huuuuuge does of that STUFF!!!

The pineal gland or epiphysis synthesizes and secretes melatonin, a structurally simple hormone that communicates information about environmental lighting to various parts of the body. Ultimately, melatonin has the ability to entrain biological rhythms and has important effects on reproductive function of many animals. The light-transducing ability of the pineal gland has led some to call the pineal the "third eye".

I can go on, but I don't want to be too harsh. I just had to comment because my friend asked me about this issue and directed me here. He trusts my opinion because I've been studying very hard for years now and am about to finish my degree in Neuroscience.

Harshness is welcome in the face of rampant idiocy.

You must return, or I'll burn your house down with a mere thought, using my superpowered "activated" pineal gland! :devil:

Harte

• 2 months later...

ok i have been reading and watching alot of stuff about the pineal gland, and i found this site. i imediatly made an account and am now posting this experience.

i have a similar experience to the "Popping" sound people explain, but it is not a popping sound. it happens when i am about 1 second from falling asleep, 2% awake and 98% asleep, and all the sudden i hear a loud yelping sound. its hard to explain, but is best described as a painfully loud "HYA" sound made very quickly. i am jolted awake, confused, and not a bit sleepy anymore. i dont think it is the same as the popping sound, but i still wonder what it is. does anyone have ant idea?

ok i have been reading and watching alot of stuff about the pineal gland, and i found this site. i imediatly made an account and am now posting this experience.

i have a similar experience to the "Popping" sound people explain, but it is not a popping sound. it happens when i am about 1 second from falling asleep, 2% awake and 98% asleep, and all the sudden i hear a loud yelping sound. its hard to explain, but is best described as a painfully loud "HYA" sound made very quickly. i am jolted awake, confused, and not a bit sleepy anymore. i dont think it is the same as the popping sound, but i still wonder what it is. does anyone have ant idea?

It sounds to me like you are about to enter an "Alpha State" of awareness, focusing with your intuitive-mind, and are being greeted by your higher self or spirit guide.

This is what most people want to accomplish by working with their pineal gland. Have you practiced any form of meditation?

John

• 3 months later...

Are you on any SSRI's? On another note any changes to the pineal gland can lead to alterations of reality including hallucinations.

this is true for me ..i wondered were did you get your info i would like to research this.thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, my name is andrew, and i have been having extremely similar experiences as the poster i quoted although the sound is a little different.

A little background..... I have been actively lucid dreaming for 15 years now, im 26.... I cannot spontaneously lucid dream but i have one about 10 times year. It seems that the more i just think about my dream life in waking life the more apt i am to think about the physical life in a dream increasing the chances of going lucid.

I often get this incredibly loud series of sounds played all together just before i fall asleep. Like all the horns and all the pianos of the world playing at the same time for just a millisecond or less. After this sound occurs i usually am violently woken up. I believe it has to do with the changing phase of brain states or something. Possibly a neuroscientist would have a better explanation.

I do not experience a "pop" and i don't believe that you "activate" the pineal gland, it's there cause it has a function. But i do believe that once you become aware of your thoughts and how they affect other people there is a "waking up experience" many people talk about. I have no idea if the pineal is in play here or not. But once you "wake up"you don't go back, and personally i have come to the conclusion that this reality is the illusion, the solidity of this world is bull. We are multidimensional, and just not the 3 spatial dimensions, and have the ability to explore so much more than "they" want us to experience. Thats why all the most highly controlled chemicals CI are the hallucinogens, not that they cant be dangerous, but for the most part they are harmless, DMT, peyote, LSD, Tabernanthe iboga, Cannabis (the hallucinogenic ones), havent been know to kill anyone. But just go to class II. There's all the dangerous substances, Hydromorphone, Methamphetamine, Methadone, Oxymorphone, and various other non opioid chems. Seems to me like someone doesent want usto have the hallucinogenic experience.

We are multidimensional, and just not the 3 spatial dimensions, and have the ability to explore so much more than "they" want us to experience. Thats why all the most highly controlled chemicals CI are the hallucinogens, not that they cant be dangerous, but for the most part they are harmless, DMT, peyote, LSD, Tabernanthe iboga, Cannabis (the hallucinogenic ones), havent been know to kill anyone. But just go to class II. There's all the dangerous substances, Hydromorphone, Methamphetamine, Methadone, Oxymorphone, and various other non opioid chems. Seems to me like someone doesent want usto have the hallucinogenic experience.

I have to disagree with you regarding the drugs.

What you are saying sounds like an excuse or a conspiracy. These kind of drugs mess with perceptions to such a degree that they cancel out any possible benefits. Sure these drugs may open up certain parts of the mind, and pull down natural and mental barriers, but having your perceptions operating and firing normally is far more important here. There are other perfectly natural ways to open your mind and under your own control too, such as meditation or knowing how to take advantage of naturally tired states.

The difference being that you are putting in the effort to develop your mind, perceptions and connections, making them strong, agile, sane and protected for dealing with anything metaphysics might throw at you. Some people spend years training and maintaining their mental strength.

I would refuse point blank to work with anyone in a metaphysical sense if they were on such drugs. They would be kicked off my team in 2 seconds flat because they would be too much a danger and risk to carry along. Just useless.

Anyway I didn't intend to start a debate on drugs, but i get tired of the delusions which surround drug usage in a metaphysical/spiritual setting. People convinced that these drugs help them spiritually are just deluding and excusing themselves and doing more harm than good to their minds.

I have to disagree with you regarding the drugs.

What you are saying sounds like an excuse or a conspiracy. These kind of drugs mess with perceptions to such a degree that they cancel out any possible benefits. Sure these drugs may open up certain parts of the mind, and pull down natural and mental barriers, but having your perceptions operating and firing normally is far more important here. There are other perfectly natural ways to open your mind and under your own control too, such as meditation or knowing how to take advantage of naturally tired states.

The difference being that you are putting in the effort to develop your mind, perceptions and connections, making them strong, agile, sane and protected for dealing with anything metaphysics might throw at you. Some people spend years training and maintaining their mental strength.

I would refuse point blank to work with anyone in a metaphysical sense if they were on such drugs. They would be kicked off my team in 2 seconds flat because they would be too much a danger and risk to carry along. Just useless.

Anyway I didn't intend to start a debate on drugs, but i get tired of the delusions which surround drug usage in a metaphysical/spiritual setting. People convinced that these drugs help them spiritually are just deluding and excusing themselves and doing more harm than good to their minds.

Possibly you misunderstood me, i in no way advocate the use of potent drugs to induce altered states of reality, but they do show us how flimsy this reality really is. I merely look to shamanistic human history and the use of these compounds by a qualified individual to demonstrate to oneself and the people he/she leads that things are not as they seem. This is evident in almost every early culture we have studied, that is not of debate.

I cannot say whom may be qualified to ingest such compounds, but it seems that natives of many tribes, villages, and hamlets around the world do, and have. And it is my belief that in many respects such peoples are more in touch w/ themselves than the populous of the civilized world. Potent hallucinogens are one of the most damaging substances we can fool with when it comes to developing awareness, but i do not disregard them as a tool as such.

I do call conspiracy......

Possibly you misunderstood me, i in no way advocate the use of potent drugs to induce altered states of reality, but they do show us how flimsy this reality really is. I merely look to shamanistic human history and the use of these compounds by a qualified individual to demonstrate to oneself and the people he/she leads that things are not as they seem. This is evident in almost every early culture we have studied, that is not of debate.

I cannot say whom may be qualified to ingest such compounds, but it seems that natives of many tribes, villages, and hamlets around the world do, and have. And it is my belief that in many respects such peoples are more in touch w/ themselves than the populous of the civilized world. Potent hallucinogens are one of the most damaging substances we can fool with when it comes to developing awareness, but i do not disregard them as a tool as such.

I do call conspiracy......

They don't they show you can trick nerves into producing false signals. It is an effect of neurotoxicity.

I have read that the pineal gland does have *something* to do with light sensitivity, but is of course, not an eye, but it has something to do with the cycle of dark and light and melatonin and serotonin production... I'm not sure if this is exaggerated or completely wrong and has no bases even in hypothesis - does anyone know?

I'm not sure if this is exaggerated or completely wrong and has no bases even in hypothesis - does anyone know?

Lol, Brother P, lots of posters know; they just don't know the same things :) .

Here's a "mid-level" (not too obscure, not too basic) write-up on what is known about the pineal

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/endocrine/otherendo/pineal.html

To make a long story short, the pineal generates a melatonin signal which roughly codes the presence and average duration of ambient light, what in nature would be daylight, and thereby regulates daily activities, like sleep and a variety of "circadian" cycles, and seasonal things as well.

Mammalian pineals, including ours, are not light sensitive. There are species where the pineal comprises retinal-type cells, but not us. The main source to our pineals of light information is our eyes. There may be other pathways, but the problem of melatonin in blind people is interesting.

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/content/41/17/26.full

Serotonin is a chemical precursor to melatonin. The relevant chemical reaction is discussed in the first article cited.

Hope that is of help.

• 1 year later...

I really need to know if someone has same experiences or knows whats up...

A few months ago i did 4 hits of some dank acid. It was my 3rd time tripping, and it was a lot for the amount of experience i had.

Within an hour i was flying out of my body, it was getting really intense and i decided to RESIST it. I shoulda not i found out later.

This caused a feeling in my pineal gland that felt like an infinite small particle (black hole) was in my pineal gland.

I felt like i was going insane. In a few hours i somehow opened this black hole with my mind, and my trip became amazing.

After the trip though, i would still feel this presense in my pineal gland. For the following 3 months I had many sensations of POPPING, CRACKING, ITCHING, BUBBLE FEELING,

and transforming into my spinal cord and back. This was all very physical and real.

I learned to avoid this pain by not thinking about it, which is difficult.

Also, eating an eighth of shrooms 3 months after the acid really helped me and felt like i gained my personality back and the pain went away.

Anyone have similar experiences off of halucinogens?