Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija + lucid dream = strange adventure

UM-Bot

ouija1.jpg
Ken Korczak: It was only a matter of time before my 40 years of Ouija Board practice collided with my 30-year hobby of lucid dreaming. In the lucid dream state, I often meet strange beings and entities of amazing variety. It’s always interesting to try to contact these dream entities later with the Ouija board while I am awake. Today, I tell you about such an encounter. In a previous column, I introduced UM readers to The Restaurant on the Edge of Time. This is an establishment which exists only in the dream world. If you want to read about my first visit to The Restaurant on the Edge of Time, please click here.

From here, I’ll refer to the Restaurant on the Edge of Time as The RET. To get to The RET on this particular occasion, I employed extreme lucid dream inducement techniques, which involved several days and nights of rigorous dream deprivation. I’ll just say briefly that my dream deprivation methods involve a number of strenuous measures -- which I won’t describe here because these can be dangerous and I don’t recommend them to anyone else.

About 12 hours before I let myself sleep again, I undergo a process called “front end loading.” This is intense immersion in a particular subject matter that I want to dream about. For example, if I want to have a lucid dream about traveling to Mars, I spend 12 hours absorbed in books, pictures and videos involving Mars. If I’m lucky, I will dream about Mars that night, and with some practice, I can trigger the lucid state -- and proceed to have a great time exploring Mars in my dream world!

But this time I focused my efforts on getting to my favorite pan-dimensional eatery -- The RET! Because I had been depriving myself of dream sleep for several days, I quickly found myself within a thrilling “flying dream.” Soaring above a magnificent mountain range, I realized I was dreaming, and triggered myself to “awaken” within my dream. Success! I was now lucid within the dream state and could take an active part in my dream world!

Next, I concentrated on The RET. On cue, a swirling vortex exploded open in the sky. I was sucked into this dimensional cyclone, and sent hurling along at unimaginable speed through a tunnel of screaming stars streaking by in an extraordinary blur.

Then: “WHUMP!” Touchdown! An instant of disorientation, and then my vision clears. Success again! I was standing smack dab in the center of the Restaurant on the Edge of Time! No matter how many times I make it to The RET, I’m always exhilarated! There I am, in a dream world, a place where the laws of physics do not apply, where my mind can produce magic, and best of all, a place that serves the most savory, delicious food in the known universe.

As usual, I was greeted by the achingly lovely waitress. Her beauty is so profound, it’s like a radiating force, which is troublesome because it can wreak havoc on my ability to stay in command of the lucid state. I will skip describing the usual pleasantries and routine witty banter the lovely waitress and I always share -- because I want to get to the most interesting incident on this particular journey to The RET.

I will first say, however, that I ate a fabulous meal. On this visit, I polished off three rashers of crispy boar’s bacon, a bowl of giant elk meat stewed with barley and pearl onions, a pepper salad of valor leaves, kale and leaks, a golden crust of pod bread slathered with sweet butter, and for desert, a mixed dish of sloe berries and quinces in a crunchy sugar glaze. For drink, I enjoyed a pot of burning-weed tea. The after-dinner aperitif was a frosted goblet of Million Year Wine, an exotic elixir which tastes as if infused with the light of an ancient sun.

Upon finishing my meal, I began looking around to see who else was dining in the dream world of The RET. A few tables away, I noticed a group of three men, cloaked like monks, shoulders hunched over wooden bowls, eating in silence. I called over the angelic waitress and asked if she knew the three men.

She said: “Oh, that’s the Triad of the Nine. They’re weird, to say the least.”

“Where are they from?” I asked. (Note: Since this was my dream, this might seem an odd question because the Triad of the Nine ostensibly would be generated by my own mind, and thus the answer to my question might be: “From your own brain.”) But the waitress said instead, “They hale from the 12th Aeon, or so they say.”

I was intrigued, and against the advice of the waitress, who said I should leave them alone, I decided to speak to this mysterious Triad of the Nine. After all, this was my dream, so how much trouble could I really get into?

I walked over to the table where the Triad of the Nine sat hunched over bowls of a lumpy gruel, disgusting as pig slop. They kept their head down as they spooned the swill past twisted, pimply lips into ugly mouths.

"Excuse me, gentlemen," I said. "I was wondering if I could have a word with you?"

The Triad of the Nine immediately stopped eating, and they all rose from their seats in unison. They moved as if they were aspects of a single entity. They stood facing me, and I must say, their faces were grim and terrible to behold. I was more than a little intimidated, but I kept my cool.

I continued: "I was wondering, since this is my dream, I'm thinking that each of you must represent some aspect of my personality. What can you tell me about yourselves, and thus, myself?"

At this, and again in unison, they reached up with boney, gnarly, leathery hands, grabbed their heads, removed them, and placed them on the table. The heads on the table continued to keep eye contact with me. Even though they had removed their heads, the Triad of the Nine still had heads on the their shoulders, but now their faces were normal looking. Instead of three ugly men, there were now plain, if not handsome faces, that might blend in on any street in America.

But the Triad of the Nine was not done. They proceeded to remove their second set of heads, and placed them on the table along with the first set. So there were now six heads on the table, all still very much alive, eyes blinking, faces thoughtful. When I looked back at the Triad of the Nine, they still had heads -- but now each face was stunningly handsome -- no, they were more than handsome -- they were godly -- each of them easily a 100 times more handsome than any Hollywood movie star.

The Triad of the Nine then removed these beautiful heads and placed them on the table with the others, so now nine living heads rested on the table. They had finally run out of heads. At least I now understood their name -- three bodies, nine heads. The bodies stood at attention behind the table. Atop each body was an moist, exposed brain -- each perched upon the stem of a spinal cord poking up from the neck and shoulders.

I realize this was a dream, but still, this was exceedingly weird. I was also perplexed and clawing at my mind to discern meaning from this eldritch display. I gathered my courage and began to ask questions.

“Please, Triad of the Nine, explain to me what kind of entity you are, and if you are symbolic representation of some aspect of my own psyche, help me understand the relevance of what I am seeing.”

The row of ugly heads spoke first, in perfect unison.

“Kenneth, what game do you play?” they said. “Who are you?”

“I am the dreamer, and you are the dream,” I said. “Am I correct?”

The three grotesque heads began to cackle, shaking the table as their rheumy eyes rolled in their heads and their lips flapped. Mottled tongues like slices of rotting liver slathered around over three sets of brown, broken teeth. Then they said:

“There is room for another. The Triad would become a Quad! Step forward, place your head on the table!”

I declined the offer. Even though this was my dream, and anything was theoretically possible, I did not fancy the notion of removing my dream head from my dream body to be absorbed by the Triad of the Nine. Rather, I addresses my next question to the middle set of heads.

“I now address the second tier of craniums! Tell me, what is your purpose, who are you, what are your thoughts?”

The middle heads spoke in concert and with mild voices. “Yes, Ken, hello! Well met! Pay no heed to our lower brothers. Place your head with us! We yearn to achieve the Quad! Here you will find reason. We call a spade a spade, and broker no guff. We like the cut of your jib! We do not suffer fools gladly!”

Although I deemed the statement of the middle three more -- level headed? -- I found their overuse of bland cliché curious. They seemed locked in a prepackaged point of view. There reliance on “boilerplate” language did not reflect well upon them, I thought. I also declined their offer to add my head to middle triad. Moving on, I next spoke to the three beautiful heads.

“I now address the top three heads of the Triad of the Nine! I must say, your appearance is stunning! Your pulchritude is magnificent! Who or what are you? What do you represent?”

The three beautiful heads responded: “Oh Kenny, Kenny, Kenny -- little golden Kenny boy -- little Kenny boy at play in the fields of Elysium! Oh, little boy, little Kenny boy, golden little Kenny boy, how do you fare, how do you love?”

“I fare as I go,” I responded. “I love according to my nature. But I’m curious, Beautiful Triad, why did you not ask me to join my head to your Triad as did your brothers? Do you not crave the Quad?”

They responded: “Oh little Kenny boy, precious little golden boy! Little Kenny boy at play in the fields of Elysium! Oh! Golden little Kenny boy! Oh Kenny, carry the sky upon your shoulders! Oh, Kenny, little Golden boy, bless the soil beneath your soles! Golden in your way, gleaming as you go! Oh little golden Kenny boy, you may answer your own question, oh precious boy!”

I’m sure all my readers here will agree that this was an odd statement, to say the least.

Unfortunately, as the Beautiful Triad spoke, I began to feel myself losing control of my lucid state. I raised my hand close to my face, stared hard at it until my dream reality solidified somewhat, but I could tell I would not be able to hold onto the dream much longer. I considered spinning, (a way to magnify the effect of a lucid dream), but was afraid the effect would be too intense.

Instead, I bowed low to the sublime heads of the Triad and said, “Your comments are certainly profound and give me much to contemplate. I would speak more with you, but I fear my time to depart is near.”

“Get the hell out of here,” said the ugly heads.

“As you will,” said the middle, plain heads.

“Joy in your going, ecstasy in your return! Farewell, Oh precious boy, little Kenny golden boy, precious boy, golden boy at play in the fields of Elysium!”

With this final statement, I began to feel the focus of my reality waver -- the Restaurant on the Edge of Time was falling out of phase with my consciousness -- I looked over at the waitress of heart-rending beauty and saw her blowing me a kiss of farewell -- and a moment later, I awoke in my bed back at home in Minnesota. I quickly grabbed the pen and notepad by my bed and wrote down the entire drama of the dream before I could fall asleep again and forget most of the journey.

In the morning, I would call my friend Brian and arrange an Ouija session -- I wanted to see if I could find out more about the Triad of the Nine from the platform of my waking mind, and with the help of a communication channel opened up via the Ouija.

PART 2: OUIJA SESSION: THE TRIAD OF THE NINE

The following evening, Brian agreed to come over and help me contact the Triad of the Nine. Our favorite recorder Darcy was not available, but her sister, Lyssa-Melissa, a petite woman, pretty as a hummingbird, delicate as a tiger lily, and with an exotic voice like a musical rattle, agreed to sit in with pen and notepad. Others present were my two cats, Skrayling and Trantor.

And so the session began:

Opening Statement: Greetings! It is I, the dream traveler Ken Korczak, and my friends Brian, Lyssa-Melissa, Skrayling and Trantor! We are seeking communication for that entity which is known as The Triad of the Nine, dwellers of the 12th Aeon!

Without hesitation, the oracle swiftly began to spell words.

ANSWER: AH, KENNETH, THE FORCE OF YOUR BLOATED EGO PRESSES ON OUR MINDS LIKE A FAT MAGGOT. DO YOU SLITHER BACK TO OFFER YOUR HEAD?

(Note: I assumed from the tenor of these remarks that we were speaking with the lowest tier of the Triad, the crude, ugly heads.)

Question/response: Greeting, Triad! I am happy to speak with you again! I still decline to offer my head. At any rate, I am now materialized in an aspect of reality we call physical reality. I cannot remove my head here as I might in the dream world.

ANSWER: BAH! JOIN US AND BECOME A QUAD!

Answer: Well, I fail to see why you would like to add my head to yours. For example, you just described me as having a bloated ego and compared me to a maggot. You seem to hold me in low esteem, yet would accept me to form your quad. Why?

ANSWER: THE LUSTER OF THE TRIAD WOULD ELEVATE YOU!

Question: Again, I decline. Tell me, may I speak with your brothers, the second tier of heads? I would ask them some questions.

ANSWER: THEY ARE BLAND! WASTE NO TIME WITH THESE FAWNING CONFORMISTS! WITHOUT US, THEY WOULD HAVE NO SPINE!

Answer: I find your attitude curious. Are not the second and third tier of heads part of the same system of your own being? After all, you share host bodies with them, you are the Triad of the Nine. Do not all of you comprise some kind of composite being? In effect, the six other heads are your brothers in one body, are they not?

ANSWER: TO EQUATE THEM TO US IS SPIT WASH. WITHOUT US, THEY WOULD HAVE NO BASE. THUS, WE ARE THEIR SUPERIORS.

Question: From my point of view, your tier seem not only grotesque in appearance, but your attitudes are also far less than gracious, if not hostile and insulting. This would indicate to me a lower level of development, rather than a superior one. Granted, this is an opinion based on a bald-faced value judgment. But, what do you think?

ANSWER: YOUR IGNORANT VIEW IS ARBITRARY.

Question: I have the strange feeling that this is your idea of a compliment. But please tell me, what kind of being is the Triad of the Nine? In my reality, there are no entities composed of nine heads sharing three bodies. I am curious to understand what nature of being you are.

ANSWER: JOIN US! IN THE QUAD YOU WILL KNOW ALL.

(I was getting frustrated with speaking to the bottom tier of heads, and thought I could learn more from the second tier of heads -- even if they might be bland conformists. So I decided to force my way past the bottom tier of the Triad of the Nine).

Question: I continue my communications with the Triad of the Nine. However, all communications from the Lowest Base Tier will be rejected! I wish to speak only with the Second Tier of the Triad. If the bottom, or base tier, continues to monopolize the conversation, this will only further reduce the chances that my head will someday join any Triad, and thus you have nothing to gain. So please hold your moldy tongues and allow the second tier to come forth. We now address ourselves to the middle Triad! Will you speak with us?

ANSWER: WELL MET AGAIN, KEN! IGNORE OUR BROTHERS. YOU WILL FIND BALANCE AND REASON WITH US. YOU MAY NOW PROFFER YOUR HEAD.

Question: Greetings! I’m sorry, but I must also decline your generous request that I add my head to yours -- if for no other reason than I don’t know how to do that. Please don’t take it personally. But I have many questions for you. Do you agree with your brothers that, without them, you would be a group of spineless sycophants without a fundamental base?

ANSWER: KEN, LET’S CALL A SPADE A SPADE. WE ARE THE CENTER OF THE TRIAD, AND AS SUCH, ARE ITS ESSENTIAL INTEGRITY.

(PAUSE)

THOSE AT THE BASE EAT S*** OFF CRACKED PLATES AND CALL IT A BANQUET.

Question: You latter comment seems more worthy of your lower brothers. However, I am surprised that, although all members of the Triad comprise a single entity, all of you seem to have a certain contempt for one another. Would it not be better for all of you to act in greater harmony for the good of the entire Triad of the Nine?

ANSWER: DIRECT YOUR VISIONS OF HARMONY TO THE HAPPY FAIRY TWITS AT THE TOP. OUR MINDS ARE ANCHORED IN SOLID PRACTICALITY.

Question: To be frank, I find your reliance on the use of hackneyed language and cliché indicates a certain lack of creative thought or originality. I am beginning to think that your brothers on the bottom represent perhaps some lower, animalistic aspects of nature, while you represent perhaps a somewhat grounded philosophy, and the sublime heads at the top represent a kind of wild and abstract creativity. What do you think of my analysis?

ANSWER: KEN, ADD YOUR HEAD TO OURS. A FOUR-LEGGED STOOL STANDS FIRMER THAN A STOOL OF THREE.

Question: Perhaps if you are more forthcoming in your answers, I will give stronger consideration to joining my head to yours. Answer me this: It is said that you dwell in the 12th Aeon. Where or what is the 12th Aeon? Does it represent another time or dimension?

ANSWER: THE 12TH AEON DENOTES THAT PERIOD BEGAN BY THE THUL-RECEDE, AND ENDED BY THE GRATWIN-FORWARD.

(Note: At this point, my cat Trantor, who had been perched on a bench near us, and who had been watching the planchette glide back and forth across the board, decided to attack -- he launched himself in a great arc of fur and claws at the planchette, landed dead center to send the Ouija board flying. The planchette clattered to the floor, where Trantor lunged at it and sent it spinning under a sofa.)

We were extremely surprised -- we had been so concentrated on the session, Trantor’s sudden intrusion was like snapping out of a trance. But we also gave the event serious thought. Of course, all actions in the Universe are synchronous. Also, over the years, the Ouija entity MOMMY has told me many times that my cats are members of what she calls the powerful “7th Guild” and that they have a very complex agenda, and so their actions should not be taken lightly.

This caused me to speculate as to whether I should take this as a sign to end the session here, and it was an easy decision to do so -- perhaps mostly because we were tired from channeling a lot of information already -- but also, the actions of Trantor, as a member of the 7th Guild, should be given consideration.

Let me just explain, for those of you who are wondering about the cryptic statement of the Triad about the description of the 12th Aeon -- In my lucid dream world, in addition to the normal colors of the spectrum, red, orange, yellow, etc., are four additional colors which cannot be perceived in our waking world. These additional four colors are thul, sporgan, mooltana, and gratwin.

What I later learned from the Triad was that there was a period in their universe of origin that was dominated by something similar to what we call the “red shift” in our universe. As you probably know, when we look out into the universe, we can determine if a star or galaxy is moving away from us by observing the red shift in the object’s light spectrum. In this way we have determined that our universe is expanding. Every object in the universe appears to be flinging away from every other object in the universe -- perhaps as ignited by the Big Bang, or perhaps not.

Now, furthermore, the four special colors in the dream world have an additional dimension or quality in which they appear to either recede away from you, or come toward you. The color thul, for example, can appear to recede away from you, so I call this thul-recede, A thul color that appears to be coming toward you, I call thul-forward.

The Triad, then, seemed to be saying that the 12th Aeon was a vast period of time demarcated by apparent switch from a physical or observational measurement of thul-recede regime to gratwin-forward. I realize this is a lot of boring cosmology, so I won’t include here the detailed description of the nature of the 12th Aeon -- but just suffice it to say that the Triad of the Nine claims to be an entity that has its existence based in the 12th Aeon.

In my next column, I will continue my Ouija encounter with the Triad of the Nine, including a discussion with the top three heads -- the Beautiful Triad. I will include some amazing details abut the exact nature of the Triad's true existence -- what they are, how they came to be, and something about their life in the 12th Aeon, including how it is that they are able to travel to the Restaurant at the Edge of Time, as I do, and why they go there to eat.

Ken’s blog: http://www.ironghost.wordpress.coma

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronGhost

• little_dreamer

• Paranormalcy

• Guyver

That was... interesting, to say the least. ^_^ Now I want to know the origins of the triad of nine... I guess I'll just have to wait.

Interesting stuff, Ouija. Although dangerous, or so I've heard. I think I'll leave it all to someone of experience like you.

The Ironghost Master strikes again! He's leaves his readers thrilled and causes commotion on the boards!

I had a bizarre dream this morning, and wondered if you had one like it. It involved pyramids, space travel and such-like. The most intriguing bit of the dream was I was inside this pyramid structure with strange symbols on the inside which lit up. The symbols like what Mavis Burrows and I have recorded in our diaries. I will have to scan some pages so you can see the glyphs that I am speaking.

The strangest part of the dream was the pyramid was a ship, but it was a strange kind of ship, alive in a strange kind of way. However, I wasn't the only one inside this particular pyramid, which was the size of a room no bigger than 10 X 10. It was big enough to hold 10-12 people. However, there were only about 6-7 of us there at the time.

I only got to see one or two faces very clearly. I forgot to mention that the pyramid ship had a voice. The name Talyn came up, as the name of the craft. I spoke to it and that was when I woke up.

There was a short, blond-haired man, from Earth, and a woman, whom I could see in the room, as the others were looking at the glyphs on the pyramid, which were all over the inside and lighting up in different sequences. Somehow, I knew to master the ship. The ship was nothing like the ships on SG-1, except it was a small pyramid structure with no windows and the glyphs lit up the room. I was wondering UM-BOT, if you had something similar? I do get lucid dreams without any ritual. All I do is put myself in a suspended state, by lowering my blood pressure, respiration and body temperature. My husband woke me suddenly, as he couldn't detect me breathing. I have blood pressure in my waking state of 90/50, so I don't know how low it goes when I put myself in that state. I do this to completely relax my mind, body and soul. However, I can easily be disturbed until I go completely under.

It is just last nights dream was so lucid and there were other people in there with me, whom I didn't recognize.

I had a bizarre dream this morning, and wondered if you had one like it. It involved pyramids, space travel and such-like. The most intriguing bit of the dream was I was inside this pyramid structure with strange symbols on the inside which lit up. The symbols like what Mavis Burrows and I have recorded in our diaries. I will have to scan some pages so you can see the glyphs that I am speaking.

The strangest part of the dream was the pyramid was a ship, but it was a strange kind of ship, alive in a strange kind of way. However, I wasn't the only one inside this particular pyramid, which was the size of a room no bigger than 10 X 10. It was big enough to hold 10-12 people. However, there were only about 6-7 of us there at the time.

I only got to see one or two faces very clearly. I forgot to mention that the pyramid ship had a voice. The name Talyn came up, as the name of the craft. I spoke to it and that was when I woke up.

There was a short, blond-haired man, from Earth, and a woman, whom I could see in the room, as the others were looking at the glyphs on the pyramid, which were all over the inside and lighting up in different sequences. Somehow, I knew to master the ship. The ship was nothing like the ships on SG-1, except it was a small pyramid structure with no windows and the glyphs lit up the room. I was wondering UM-BOT, if you had something similar? I do get lucid dreams without any ritual. All I do is put myself in a suspended state, by lowering my blood pressure, respiration and body temperature. My husband woke me suddenly, as he couldn't detect me breathing. I have blood pressure in my waking state of 90/50, so I don't know how low it goes when I put myself in that state. I do this to completely relax my mind, body and soul. However, I can easily be disturbed until I go completely under.

It is just last nights dream was so lucid and there were other people in there with me, whom I didn't recognize.

Thanks for this -- I enjoyed reading about your in-depth dream experience. By the way, I am not UM-BOT -- I'm IronGhost, AKA, Ken Korczak, the author of the column -- UM-BOT is the blanket posting identity of the moderators of this forum when they post columsn and other informational articles.

Anyway -- if I were you, I would ask myself: "What does this dream have to do with what is going on in my life right now?" Can you find any comparisons to this dream and your daily waking life? -- that can sometimes scare up some meaning in what your dream was about.

Also, remember, that dreams, imagination and creativity all go hand in hand. When I have a dream of profound depth like the one you had, I tend to journal and write about it -- sometimes I like to free-associate and see where it takes me, using the dream as a jump-off point. I also like to see if I can re-enter the same dream again on future dream journies. You never know where these kind of things are going to take you.

If you remember the glyphs, draw them on paper -- then look at them and contemplate them before you fall asleep next time. It might be inetersting.

Aeons, guilds, colors - all these variables are confusing me. Maybe I need a diagram or chart to show me how this is organized.

I guess I'll have to wait until Part II to understand this.

These extra colors are probably not visible to the human eye, which is not equipped to handle them.

how do you get rid of a spirit that keeps coming through on the ouija board

Great question. Over the years, I have had this problem many times, but I know how to deal with it now.

For example, many years ago when I was in high school we contacted a dead Mexican carpenter by the name of Wally Malinez on the Ouija Board. He wasn't a nasty "ghost" or anything --- but after we chatted with him a few times, he started coming through all the time, and sort of hogging all the "air time" so to speak on the Ouija board. When we wanted to talk to other entities, Wally would come through and monopolize the the whole session. Many times, all we could get was Wally, which was frustrating.

The thing about Wally was -- he was stuck in a kind of limbo state of his immediate post-death existence. When he was alive, Wally was killed when a trailer jack fell on his head and crushed his skull. But Wally loved his new life in limbo, and refused to "move on" to his next level of consciousness, or whatever. He was having too much fun where he was.

Wally was a persistent pest for about five years -- until I finally decided to do something about it.

What I did, was, enlist the help of some other Ouija entities to help me get rid of Wally. It didn't work as first -- for example, one time we tried unleash and army of or very aggresive "imps" upon him -- we contacted these imps during another session, and told them to go infest Wally's world and drive him out -- but it didn't work -- Wally found a way to get rid of the imps.

Then we tried a bunch of other thing -- andc we finally got help from a very intelligent and powerful entity who solved the problem for us -- let's just say he took care of Wally.

I won't go into that right now -- but maybe I'll write more about it later.

But the bottom line is -- get other Ouija entities to help you with those who you don't want around.

we finally got help from a very intelligent and powerful entity who solved the problem for us -- let's just say he took care of Wally.

That was a bit mean to Wally, wasn't it? Just because he was overly chatty. Let's hope the entity didn't send him to some really nasty place.

On a related note, since you know a bit about the afterlife, have you made any plans or preparations for when you die? Like preparing a mental "map," so to speak, to know where to go; or striking deals with various beings you've encountered?

That was a bit mean to Wally, wasn't it? Just because he was overly chatty. Let's hope the entity didn't send him to some really nasty place.

On a related note, since you know a bit about the afterlife, have you made any plans or preparations for when you die? Like preparing a mental "map," so to speak, to know where to go; or striking deals with various beings you've encountered?

Don't worry about Wally. We didn't "send" him anywhere.

We finally contacted a being named "Mantwar" who shrouded Wally in what he called an "Aleph Dome" which blocks his communication to us. We can still talk to Wally when we want to, but he can't butt in on us now whenever he wants to. In other words, the "Aleph Dome" gave us a "don't call us, we'll call you" situation with Wally.

We check in on Wally every once and a while -- he's still enjoying his post-death "limbo" world. He lives on a sunny beach, lives in a beautiful house, and has all the booze, food and gorgeous women that he wants. He's living the after-death "good life." If you want, I'll hold a session to contact him again and get a report on how he's doing.

As for my preparation for my own death -- this is a very complex issue -- since my 27 years of Zen practice, and frequent lucid dream practice has radically changed my view of what death really is. But even before all that, I had an intense near-death experience when I was 10 years old, which pretty much shattered my normal views of death, and what it really is.

Edited by IronGhost

Great question. Over the years, I have had this problem many times, but I know how to deal with it now.

For example, many years ago when I was in high school we contacted a dead Mexican carpenter by the name of Wally Malinez on the Ouija Board. He wasn't a nasty "ghost" or anything --- but after we chatted with him a few times, he started coming through all the time, and sort of hogging all the "air time" so to speak on the Ouija board. When we wanted to talk to other entities, Wally would come through and monopolize the the whole session. Many times, all we could get was Wally, which was frustrating.

The thing about Wally was -- he was stuck in a kind of limbo state of his immediate post-death existence. When he was alive, Wally was killed when a trailer jack fell on his head and crushed his skull. But Wally loved his new life in limbo, and refused to "move on" to his next level of consciousness, or whatever. He was having too much fun where he was.

Wally was a persistent pest for about five years -- until I finally decided to do something about it.

What I did, was, enlist the help of some other Ouija entities to help me get rid of Wally. It didn't work as first -- for example, one time we tried unleash and army of or very aggresive "imps" upon him -- we contacted these imps during another session, and told them to go infest Wally's world and drive him out -- but it didn't work -- Wally found a way to get rid of the imps.

Then we tried a bunch of other thing -- andc we finally got help from a very intelligent and powerful entity who solved the problem for us -- let's just say he took care of Wally.

I won't go into that right now -- but maybe I'll write more about it later.

But the bottom line is -- get other Ouija entities to help you with those who you don't want around.

I'm sure that I speak for many others when I say that I would be very interested to heard that account in its entirety! Regards IronGhost!

Mr. Iron/Ken, I have a question. Did and/or do you and/or your group members have "spirit guides", like the typical new-age/occult practices and tendencies? Do you have individual or even group "helpers" that are "available" to you most times, ones that usually greet you when you "logon"? The "Mommy" entity would seem to fall roughly into one of those categories, or do you have some other method or setup, or are all your contacts fairly transitory?

Mr. Iron/Ken, I have a question. Did and/or do you and/or your group members have "spirit guides", like the typical new-age/occult practices and tendencies? Do you have individual or even group "helpers" that are "available" to you most times, ones that usually greet you when you "logon"? The "Mommy" entity would seem to fall roughly into one of those categories, or do you have some other method or setup, or are all your contacts fairly transitory?

You ask some great questions, really, that could result in answers that veer off into many directions. Your questions actualy get at some very complex issues.

Let me put it this way -- over the years, I have met a large number of beings -- some become "favorites" -- its like you have certain personalities that you have a greater rapport and affinity for -- you just like them -- and these being tend to become your "regulars."

There are certain other beings that I find very irritating, because they are petty or boring, yet not evil, or anything like that. Wally Malinez, the dead Mexican carpenter, is a classic example. I mean, he's a nice guy -- just a kind of regular Joe -- but he really has nothing ground shaking to contribute, yet he wants to talk all the time. You're not going to learn any great "cosmic truths" from Wally -- all you get is pedestrian chit-chat.

About the only contribution of value which Wally ever made was that he once taught my college buddies and I a new card game called "Hot Heart of the Devil."

This was a farily complex game that centered around the Ace of Hearts (which was the hot heart of the devil) -- the Heart of the Devil was protected by the Jacks, and whoever had the most Jacks could take the most tricks -- I guess I forget now exactly how the game went -- I could go look it up -- but anyway, you could also "sell your Jacks for ransom" using poker chips -- then the poker chips gave you certain advantages -- but if you lost your poker chips, you could not pay your Jacks out of "capitivity" with "ransom" and the other player would gain your Jack and use it against you, and so on.

It was a great game, and as far as I know, it was invented by Wally -- I once bought a book on card games which described dozens of different games, and I didn't any other game that was similar to "Hot Heart of the Devil."

I know my friend Aztec Warrior here at UM is from Mexico, so maybe he can tellme if their is such a game that is popular in Mexico.

As for spirit guides, well, you know, first of all, it all gets down to what bring meaning to a person in life, what their goals are and why they are doing things. Most people basically want a happy and meanigful life -- but what really is happiness and what really is meaningful? -- the fact is, nobody really knows.

So even if an Ouija entity gives advice to a person about what theys should be doing to pursue their goals, the bottom line is, people really don't know what their goals are, they only think they have goals, and when they achieve something, they find out that what they achieved was not so meaningful after all.

And Ouija entities tend to have such totally different perspective -- they view our goals as ludicrous and nonsensical, so the advice they tend to give is rarely practical, although it can be intriguing.

You're right, jpatt, about the MOMMY enity coming close to being a kind of guide -- but MOMMY almost never gives advice as to what a person should be doing in life or the decision one makes -- she is more of a help in aiding the understanding of what other Ouija entities are doing, who they are, and how we can deal with them.

That's all I'll say for now -- this is actually a very deep can of worms, which veers off into many thorny issues.

P.S.

Now that I think about it, Wally did teach us one other very fun game -- it was called "Sing It Opposite"

What you did in this game was, choose a popular song, take the main lyric or catch phrase and sing it in a way that changes the meaning to the opposite.

For example, let's take the song "Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones. The catch line of that song is: "I can't get no satisfaction."

So what you would do then is try to sing the opposite -- you might sing: "You get a lot of total pleasure" -- and you sing it to the tune of the original song.

Then all your friends try to guess what song you are singing.

Another example: Take the song "Light My Fire" by the Doors. The main line is: "Come on baby light my fire!"

So you would sing: "Go away old man thrown some ice on me!"

One time I was driving with my neice and nephew on about an 8 hour drive -- they were ages 10 and 8. We played "sing it opposite" for much of the trip, and we had a great time.

So I have to thank Wally for that great party game idea, and for teaching us "Hot Heart of the Devil."

Yes, my group, other than asking some very basic "usual" feeling-out questions and things to get used to using the board, never specifically attempted to contact particular spirits, nor to get advice on any particular course of action, except for on occasion, asking one person's guide about some subject that would be beneficial or interesting for the person to study - basically Ouija-hyperlinks I suppose.

We did find, however, that drunkenly asking "OK, Weegie Board - when am I GONNA DIIIEEEE??!!!!" tends to produce results, in one emotionally-charged and significant word to that person, that can immediately kill the "buzz" of said inebriated person. Even drunk putzes learn things.

I'm curious about some specifics of your sessions, or maybe some of the entities - not details of the content really, but in our group, guides/entities, usually when having a hard time "speaking" or when, as you mentioned, "teaming up" to oust troublemakers, would ask all or certain members to "push" or similar language, which we vaguely gathered is some form of focus of attention, concentration and creative visualization of energy toward some immediate goal - a sort of "power boost" - is that, or something similar, something that has occurred in your sessions?

PS In your main column article itself, the extension at the end of your sig link is .coma, not .com.

are u on some kind of strange drugs?

Yes! I am on a very strange drug called "consciousness."

Hi Ken,

We have a dinner date at the RET!

The menu - fare sounds exquisite and specifically suits my palate. God - what a meal my friend. I'll pick up the next tab on one condition ... you fix me up with that cute, little astral waitress of yours (and if she does not do "blind - dates", then at least get me her multi - dimensional phone number, or e - mail addy - lol.)

Seriously though, I truly enjoy reading your amazing articles and the insight and enlightenment they offer to this 3D, physical - manifested, Earth reality ... we call "Life".

Keep writing Ken and thank you.

With appreciation,

Josiah W.

Hmmm... perhaps the quija board might dictate the whole novel .... the Restaurant on the Edge of Time as The RET; a place that serves the most savory, delicious food in the known universe..... that lovely profoundly beautiful waitress....... and last but not least, the Triad of the Nine haling from the 12th Aeon.... great story line already. With several choices for Titles...... "The Restaurant on the Edge of Time" , or "Triad of the Nine".

Hmmm... perhaps the quija board might dictate the whole novel .... the Restaurant on the Edge of Time as The RET; a place that serves the most savory, delicious food in the known universe..... that lovely profoundly beautiful waitress....... and last but not least, the Triad of the Nine haling from the 12th Aeon.... great story line already. With several choices for Titles...... "The Restaurant on the Edge of Time" , or "Triad of the Nine".

I like the way you think. Jeepers-- so many ideas, so little time!

Incidentally, as I have posted eleswhere in these forums, there is an Ouija entity by the name of Vantu who is dictaing a murder mystery novel to us -- it's very time consuming, but we take down a few paragraphs every now and then.

The name of the book is "The Deli Murders." It reads like a very bad pulp novel, but Vantu seems to get better as he goes along.

A pleasure as always, Ken.

Thanks, big guy.

I don't know of anyone else besides you, who is more qualified to investigate both fields concurrently.

I thought there was a Lucid Dreaming Institute, not sure if this was started by Robert Monroe.

I don't know of anyone else besides you, who is more qualified to investigate both fields concurrently.

I thought there was a Lucid Dreaming Institute, not sure if this was started by Robert Monroe.

Ah -- you mention two institutions near and dear to my heart, and both who have provided me with years of help, tools and challenges.

There is a Lucidity Institute -- started by the dream researcher Stephen LeBerge, Ph.D -- the man who is credited with proving that lucid dreams are real. He wrote two great book on lucid dreaming -- Lucid Dreaming and Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming -- both were very influential on my practice. He also invented the NovaDreamer -- the dream mask device that helps people trigger lucid dreams. I've used the NovaDreamer to great effect many times. Do a search on Lucidity Institute and you'll find out more. I think they are supported by Stanford University.

Robert Monroe founded the Monroe Institute, which is dedicated to the study of the out-of-body experience. It's located in Faber, Virginia. Monroe wrote two excellent books: Journeys Out of Body, Far Journeys and another book which I foregt the name of right now -- I found this latter book less interesting.

Monroe also developed the HemiSync technology -- a series of recorded audio program that anyone can buy and experiment with to help trigger the OBE -- I have spent uncounted hours experimenting with Monroe's technologies -- years, actually -- often with tremendous results.

I have spent many, many happy nights -- years of them -- exporing the lucid dream world and experimenting with astral travel thanks to Monroe

Monroe is more controversial and perhaps less scientific than LeBerge -- he's more New Agey, I guess -- but his work is fascinating, and I think has explored some areas that "legitimate" scientists just could not attempt because of the contraints they have ...

Anyway, thanks snackfood, you're a pleasant crispy tasty snack, indeed!

Edited by IronGhost

Ah -- you mention two institutions near and dear to my heart, and both who have provided me with years of help, tools and challenges.

There is a Lucidity Institute -- started by the dream researcher Stephen LeBerge, Ph.D -- the man who is credited with proving that lucid dreams are real. He wrote two great book on lucid dreaming -- Lucid Dreaming and Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming -- both were very influential on my practice. He also invented the NovaDreamer -- the dream mask device that helps people trigger lucid dreams. I've used the NovaDreamer to great effect many times. Do a search on Lucidity Institute and you'll find out more. I think they are supported by Stanford University.

Robert Monroe founded the Monroe Institute, which is dedicated to the study of the out-of-body experience. It's located in Faber, Virginia. Monroe wrote two excellent books: Journeys Out of Body, Far Journeys and another book which I foregt the name of right now -- I found this latter book less interesting.

Monroe also developed the HemiSync technology -- a series of recorded audio program that anyone can buy and experiment with to help trigger the OBE -- I have spent uncounted hours experimenting with Monroe's technologies -- years, actually -- often with tremendous results.

I have spent many, many happy nights -- years of them -- exporing the lucid dream world and experimenting with astral travel thanks to Monroe

Monroe is more controversial and perhaps less scientific than LeBerge -- he's more New Agey, I guess -- but his work is fascinating, and I think has explored some areas that "legitimate" scientists just could not attempt because of the contraints they have ...

Anyway, thanks snackfood, you're a pleasant crispy tasty snack, indeed!

I haven't tried anything like lucid dreaming. I just read about it in books and on the Internet as part of my general interest in unusual phenomena.

Every few years I will see an advertisement that looks like it is related to lucid dreaming.

The last time was in a business magazine. I see the tapes advertised more than the mask.

A business excecutive could use it to conquer fear of public speaking, for example.

This Lucid dreaming seems like Creative Visualization in a state of sleep, where anything is possible in the mind.

It sounds different than Astral Travel, where your spirit leaves your body and travels what looks to be the current physical world.

Some overlap must occur.

I don't know if I have the discipline to try this myself. I had nightmares a lot when I was younger, and am afraid of having a "bad trip" if I try this.

But I do like to fall asleep listening to a mellow music CD every now and then.