Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija + lucid dream = strange adventure

UM-Bot

Robert Monroe founded the Monroe Institute, which is dedicated to the study of the out-of-body experience. It's located in Faber, Virginia. Monroe wrote two excellent books: Journeys Out of Body, Far Journeys and another book which I foregt the name of right now -- I found this latter book less interesting.

Monroe also developed the HemiSync technology -- a series of recorded audio program that anyone can buy and experiment with to help trigger the OBE -- I have spent uncounted hours experimenting with Monroe's technologies -- years, actually -- often with tremendous results.

You must be referring to "The Gateway Experience" Wave I ~ VI....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronGhost

• little_dreamer

• Paranormalcy

• Guyver

You must be referring to "The Gateway Experience" Wave I ~ VI....

Yes -- that's just one of the programs they have. You can buy the CDs to use at home, or you can go the Monroe Institute in Virginia and do experiments in their lab setting.

Here is a video which explains some of their OBE research:

I've never been to one of their seminars in person, but have used the programs extensively at home. I would like to makt the trip there one day, though.

• 1 month later...

I have read so many warnings against dabbling in ouija board, for it can and has brought disasters to people who dabbled in it.

Christian alarmists cite the Bible prohibiting all kinds of contacts with spirits, outside of praying to God and the angels and of course the saints, i.e., for Catholics.

The same Bible is also very clear about men laying with men and women with women; but modern Christians who are gay or lesbian have explained the prohibition away as only a contextual taboo of Biblical place and time, not binding anymore in our present times.

Perhaps the practitioners of the ouija board could find some justification for dabbling in ouija board, if they be Christians that is, and thereby also explain away any disasters associated with the practice as at most co-incidental but not causal, an example of post hoc fallacy.

Anyway, my interest, and addressing the author of this report of lucid dream and ouija practice, is of a more or essentially practical orientation.

Good man, Ken Korczak (are you the same Ken of a thread on someone's first contacts with ouija?), can you just tell me what information can be obtained by way of the ouija board from spirits or from whatever sources which can be of any useful ends?

What I mean by useful ends is that the information can make our life more convenient in any way and thereby make us happier, or at least more comfortable.

An example of an information that is useful is: If you have mislaid your car key and have a hard time trying to remember when and where you last held it and must have left it then and there, you might take out your ouija board and do a quick procedure and thus get to locate your car key without any further trouble.

Just that very simple information, nothing to do with more arcane information like an opinion on why Bush did the wrong thing invading Iraq.

oslove

I have read so many warnings against dabbling in ouija board, for it can and has brought disasters to people who dabbled in it.

Christian alarmists cite the Bible prohibiting all kinds of contacts with spirits, outside of praying to God and the angels and of course the saints, i.e., for Catholics.

The same Bible is also very clear about men laying with men and women with women; but modern Christians who are gay or lesbian have explained the prohibition away as only a contextual taboo of Biblical place and time, not binding anymore in our present times.

Perhaps the practitioners of the ouija board could find some justification for dabbling in ouija board, if they be Christians that is, and thereby also explain away any disasters associated with the practice as at most co-incidental but not causal, an example of post hoc fallacy.

Anyway, my interest, and addressing the author of this report of lucid dream and ouija practice, is of a more or essentially practical orientation.

Good man, Ken Korczak (are you the same Ken of a thread on someone's first contacts with ouija?), can you just tell me what information can be obtained by way of the ouija board from spirits or from whatever sources which can be of any useful ends?

What I mean by useful ends is that the information can make our life more convenient in any way and thereby make us happier, or at least more comfortable.

An example of an information that is useful is: If you have mislaid your car key and have a hard time trying to remember when and where you last held it and must have left it then and there, you might take out your ouija board and do a quick procedure and thus get to locate your car key without any further trouble.

Just that very simple information, nothing to do with more arcane information like an opinion on why Bush did the wrong thing invading Iraq.

oslove

Hi, I think I'm the same "Ken" that you mention. Anyway, to answer your question about every day practical advice from Ouija sources -- in my 4 decades of experience, there is precious little to be had.

For example, if you ask an Ouija entity to tel you where your car keys are, 99 out of a 100 times they will say something like: "What are car keys?"

The fact is, they don't have a clue about the minutia of our daily existence. I swear to god, if I had a dime for every time I had to explain the internal cobustion engine to some clueless Ouija entity, I'd be a millionaire.

Even entities that seem very close to our human existence have precious little help to give us with every day problems. For example, I have mentioned many times in these forums the dead Mexican carpenter, Wally Malinez, who I have been speaking with for more than 20 year -- talking to him is basically like talking to some average Joe down at the bar, but if you asked him where your car keys are, he would say something like -- "I may be dead, but I'm not a psychic." Wally did give us some practical information, such as teaching us to play a fun card game called "The Hot Heart of the Devil."

We also frequently channel and entity named "Vantu" who is an aspiring novelist -- we have taken several chapters of dictation of a murder mystery novel he is writing called "The Deli Murders" - I think I have posted a chapter or two of Vantu's novel in these forums. So that might be an example of something more down-to-earth and practical one gets from "the other side."

Many times we have asked Ouija entities to pick winning stocks for us on the stock market, but what you often get is total confusion over the concept of money and investment, and they can't understand why we would want money, or what money even really is, much less how money can be "virtualy traded" is a system as strange as the stock market. Something like that makes no sense to Ouija entities.

The thing is, they are not oriented in our physical, earth-type existence -- most of them don't not even have individual ego-based consciousness, they don't understand how we model the concept of time, and much more. The majority of Ouija entities are "group minds" and there interests are focused around broad concepts, such as love or the nature of communication, or something

The best thing you get from Ouija entities are broad abstract concepts -- but these can be quite interesting -- so worthwhile, I think.

Anyway, about your comments concerning the Bible and warnings against Ouija practice therein -- I, of course, think this is all nonsense. Also, the almost universal fear of demons connected to Ouija boards is way off the mark -- people are modeling the concept of demons based on very simplified Christian concepts, wherein Satan is like the "Head Demon" and he has this army of little demon followers who only job is to make human beings miserable -- but when you go back in history, the concept of the demon started out as being a very positive thing -- the ancient Greeks often spoke of their "Daemon" -- this was an inner guide who was wise and whose purpose was to help out human beings with higher knowledge -- but the concept of the Daemon was "demonized" so to speak by later religions, such as Christianity, because the Christians wated to suppress what they considered the old beliefs -- thus, they made the concept of the daemon as something evil because this threatened the Christian model of the way things work, -- etc.

Anyway, I hope this answers some of your questions .... thanks oslove ...