Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Third Eye?

curiously interested

I am new to this site, found it after trying to research "third eye". I've seen pictures and statues with a third eye on the forehead area between the two eyes. Never really thought much about this or what it meant, until now.

I'll give a little history as I'm wondering if this all fits together somehow. About 6 months ago, I met a guy I have ended up falling for. Initially it was a rocky start, communication was strained etc. But despite the obstacles it seemed we had a connection, a connection I couldn't explain or even understand. I would describe it to friends as "not of this world" an undeniable attraction. I'm a very intutive person who can feel great empathy for others (you could say, I can feel their pain). This man (in discussions) also seems very spiritual. I did a kind of dance back and forth about whether to continue in the relationship or not- due to his seemingly eccentric behavior, but at the same time, drawn to him like I've never felt. Recently I learned he has Aspergers (which explains our initial uncertainty and the difficulties we have faced). Since this understanding, we have moved forward into a closer connection (some say that can't happen with Aspergers- but I feel it).

This past weekend we were laying down facing each other, mid morning, no extra lights other than what was coming through the closed blinds. We had been laying facing each other for an hour or so talking. He commented something to the effect of gazing into my four eyes (he was seeing double) this was probably the eyes focusing- not much to think about. But as I was looking at him, within seconds I realized I was seeing a third eye (no forth, I glanced around to see where it was). The eye was on the lower part of the forehead, between his two eyes. It looked just like his real eyes. I remember a kinda haze around it- but in hind sight can't recall colors etc / didn't know at the time to look at that. I blinked, shifted my eyes and looked back, it was still there. Seems if it had to do with the way my eyes were focusing, that would have eliminated what I was seeing. I mentioned what I was seeing and he made a comment about the "third eye" being something he knew about years ago when he was into "New Age ?".

I didn't question this, until later. I got curious and started trying to find out what it was by searching the internet. Wanted to get some opinions on what this could be- just a fluke or does it mean something else? If he had the third eye, does it mean he posses the ability or since I saw the third eye, do I posses the ability? Or is this even something that really happens? Lots of questions--- but it all seems so bizarre- especially due to the draw/ attraction that I can't explain and describe as being on a different plane than the physical world. I know very little about this other side. I believe it's a possiblity- I don't discount it, but can't say without a doubt I believe, even though I suspect it is there.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• curiously interested

• gary5023

• DfizzleShizzle

• Nucular

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong but I always thought the 'third eye' was an expression of something rather than an actual third eye? Instinct says it was probably just that you were relaxed and not concentrating properly and you imagined it because of the strong connection you say you have. Hope others can shed some light on it as it sounds very interesting!

Ok. The Third eye, is a chakra, not really a physical eye. It is called the third eye because of the chakras location between the eyebrows, and because opening this chakra allows information to be gathered, using methods other than the normal 5 senses...

Your experience of seeing your boyfriend's third eye while gazing at him is very interesting. I think the other poster is right about you seeing his chakra. I think you were experiencing mild clairvoyance, and seeing what I would call the tip of the iceberg.The third eye exists in all of us and can be seen in deep meditation, when the mind is completely stilled and focused. The experience is spiritually transformative and spoken of in most of the worlds different scriptures. The kind of concentration necessary for this experience is so alien to most people that most will reject the possibility of this experience out of hand, based on what their reason tells them. And, no, I absolutely do not reject reason, it's a very valuable tool, but states of higher consciousness can only be accessed by certain spiritual techniques; they are by definition transcendental, and will not be arrived at thru reason or intellectuallization. The seeing of the third eye is usually accompanied by a bliss state which has been documented and described cross-culturally all over the world, being called variously; mystic union, nirvana, samadi, satori, the peace that passeth understanding, etc. I believe this is what Christ was referring to when he said, 'If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.' This experience is available to anyone willing to do the necessary work; it is part of who we are.

If he was seeing you as having four eyes, are you sure it wasn't simply a visual effect?

If something is too close to your eyes to be able to comfortably focus constantly, your eyes will relax and may not align fully to keep a single image of the object in front of you.

If there are two in objects in front of you, a common optical effect is that they merge together in the middle, which would give the impression of there being three of them.

Try it with your fingers: sitting in front of your computer, extend your two index fingers upright in front of your eyes about six inches away and about three inches apart. Now look past them, without moving your eyes too much, and look at your computer monitor. You'll see three fingers where once there were only two.

Could this be what happened?

Welcome aboard, curiously interested.

A little more than "could be," Nuke :) .

With your excellent finger exercise, I get four images, like the boyfriend reported. To get three, lined up horizontally, I would recommend binocular image fusion like

http://www.paper-paper.com/interactivearticle.html

which is a "business to business" commercial site, but has a nice explanation, with examples, of how fusion works.

Fusion would also account for her looking right at her friend's forehead, and the stability of the image when she looked away and then back (once you've found the fusion setting, so to speak, the visual system will typically go right for it.)

One last point, the chakras, including the "third eye," are a metaphorical expression of spiritual advancement. In conception, they weren't about acquiring magic powers anymore than they were about keeping a pet snake in your backbone.

Edited by eight bits

If he was seeing you as having four eyes, are you sure it wasn't simply a visual effect?

If something is too close to your eyes to be able to comfortably focus constantly, your eyes will relax and may not align fully to keep a single image of the object in front of you.

If there are two in objects in front of you, a common optical effect is that they merge together in the middle, which would give the impression of there being three of them.

Try it with your fingers: sitting in front of your computer, extend your two index fingers upright in front of your eyes about six inches away and about three inches apart. Now look past them, without moving your eyes too much, and look at your computer monitor. You'll see three fingers where once there were only two.

Could this be what happened?

yea i agree with that...

I'm not sure it wasn't just a visual effect...

Once I learned a little about what the third eye symbolized, it is the feeling/ the connection between us; being beyond the physical, an unspoken kind of connection- that made me wonder if this is tied together. I do understand it is a symbol, but somewhere in my trying to learn more, I ran across information that some persons can manifest an actual eye, as symbolized. With what happened, and him apparently being knowlegable about this matter (regarding the New Age...? he spoke of being into in earlier years).

It makes me stop and think.....

I'm not sure it wasn't just a visual effect...

Once I learned a little about what the third eye symbolized, it is the feeling/ the connection between us; being beyond the physical, an unspoken kind of connection- that made me wonder if this is tied together. I do understand it is a symbol, but somewhere in my trying to learn more, I ran across information that some persons can manifest an actual eye, as symbolized. With what happened, and him apparently being knowlegable about this matter (regarding the New Age...? he spoke of being into in earlier years).

It makes me stop and think.....

There is also a school of thought that recognizes the Third Eye as the Pineal Gland. Here is a link for this conclusion.

http://www.crystalinks.com/thirdeyepineal.html

Since all physical expression is a reflection of energy, I also realize that this energy center has a broad scope beyond the material discussed in the link. As I understand it, once activated the third eye is more than a line of communication with the higher planes, it is also the tool for telepathy with animals and other humans.

John

i always thought that ur third eye wasnt an actual physical third eye but more like a portal which allows u to sense things which are not from our material reality but from the spiritual one lso u could see ghosts and demons and stuff