Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the meaning of life?

Day Dreamer

Hey ya'll! What is the meaning of life? It's one of life's biggest questions and no one knows the answer to it (I think). So what do you people on this board think the meaning of life is? I think the meaning of life is hard work. Well, please reply.

wink2.gifrolleyes.gifgrin2.gifwhistling2.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• moe eubleck

• PsychicPenguin

• joc

I think that being happy is the meaning of life. If you aren't happy, your life has no meaning, so when you are happy, it does.

The answer to the meaning of life is...42

Sorry, couldn't resist... tongue.gif

Its a religious question .

The answer of 42 to the question of the meaning of life is from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for those unfamiliar with the book...A bit of a classic. Well worth the read if you are into science fiction...

The meaning of life....there was a topic on this a while back, and I was very happy with my answer there grin2.gif However, my room is roasting, the air conditioning is on the fritz, so for the moment the meaning of life is to stay cool tongue.gif So I can't be bothered looking for where that thread was tongue.gif

To be honest...I don't believe I need any 'meaning' to justify my existance...however, if there is some purpose to it, then I still hold that the meaning of life is simply to live it; if you spend all your time worrying about the hows and the whys, then you simply won't give yourself a chance to enjoy it.

I believe you only have one chance at existance...when you're time is up, you can't simply press the reset button and start again, so it's up to all of us to get the best out of it wink2.gif

Perfection. Constantly improving in an attempt to brake free from this world and enjoy your well earned rest. Also fun. Working hard but not forgeting to relax, have a good time and to learning to cope with all that comes your way. The meaning of life is learning! disgust.gif

It's to live life to the fullest because we are here for a limited time wink2.gif

This is how i see it " Life is like a bubble, so live it to the top cos u never know when its gonna pop !!!!" bounce.gif

think "good" thoughts, say "good" things, do "good" things

is the Zorostrian credo, "good" (nike...say neeek), means all things you do with a clean and kind hart.

the meaning of life is to search for the meaning of life!

Cool I found it .......It was behind the cushion on the sofa . It's got a little bit of vegemite sandwich stuck to it , but you can still tell it really is the true Meaning of Life.... thumbsup.gif

Claiming life has meaning is implying their was some overall purpose for which life was 'created'. But life wasn't created, its a fluke of nature, an environmental accident that has been so successful it has lasted as long as it has to evolve into complex life forms. As a fluke there is no meaning, however if you really must have one than by taking evolution as the purpose, we can only deduct that the meaning of life is to survive, breed and so continue our species' (and our genes') survival.

That is the only logical answer.

That is the only logical answer.

...and yours ain't it! thumbsup.gif

Rather than just stating that classic your wrong cause I don't agree with you, why don't you actually give a proper argument.

ahh the meaning of it all...

a discussion most popluar amongst stoned hippies.

but does it really matter?

death is the only certainty.

Moe?

yes?

lay off the vodka!

sorry.

you better be...

There's got to be something more to life...

I think we are here to learn.We learn something every day... even if we don't get out of bed.

Edited by Babs