Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the meaning of life?

Day Dreamer

[daoist reply]

The meaning of life is to ponder about the meaning of life. You will never find it but you have to strive for it.

[/daoist reply]

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• moe eubleck

• PsychicPenguin

• Falco Rex

if you had no meaning then you wouldnt exist.

Isnt the whole point in the meanin of llife to pro-create. What else is there?

In my opinion if you dont have fun then youve not lived thats my meaning of life.

[daoist reply]

The meaning of life is to ponder about the meaning of life. You will never find it but you have to strive for it.

[/daoist reply]

hmm psychic that is interesting, makes perfect sense to me

who is the original creator of that idea?

I think the question is the clue wink2.gif

Q What is the meaning of life ?

A To live a meaningful life thumbsup.gif

Get A damm Job ph34r.gif Scroungers tongue.gif

I think the purpose of life is progression.

We're not here to make any 'higher power' happy, or to be 'tested' to see if we're worthy of a happy afterlife, etc.

As a species we are constantly evolving and progressing. As one generation dies, a new one is born that is slightly more advanced. And that will keep continuing. Look how different we've become even from our granparents in such a short time. People are a constantly advancing species. We have no one specified goal to reach, but we will keep reaching many new goals as we explore and discover and reasearch.

personally, i think we've deevolved even from our grandparent's generation. do you really believe that different little gadgets are equal to intelligence or advancement? people of 100 years ago were much more rounded than any person you could pluck off the streets today. how about pitting a renaissance man against a man of today? the difference would be that a renaissance man's computer would be his mind, and a man of today would simply rely upon technology to even be able to compete.

technology does not equal advancement. we are failing to evolve our humanity and that is what troubles me about your theory.

then again, we all have our own opinions tongue.gif

Edited by Bizarro

The meaning of life....

Well, it is just one big accident!! It was by pure chance that we are on earth. It was by pure chance that we were born human and not some other species.

So make the most of it while you can!

there's 2 answers to this question.

1)biblical terms: Too serve god and love and help anyone you do and dont know.

be kind too others, show respect. pray for your loved ones and enemy(')s.

-The bible basically wants you to kiss jesus' azz from life too death. hmm...

makes you think. should i live under someones rules or cut the ol' ball and chain

off.

2) non-religious. this is what i go by. Fate. we're basically digging

our grave as we speak. can you believe it? we are food for worms!

The meaning of life in uncomprehendable by the human form. Upon death and expulsion you will find your meaning instantly displayed before you.

...And then, depending on what piece of the puzzle you are you will either laugh or cry... grin2.gif

The meaning of life?

It is different for all because all have differences in perception....

Some will agree with certain concepts, some will disagree, some confused, and some unconcerned...

For me, life is nothing but a never ending lesson from which I try to learn as much as I can...

Shadowknight, i hardly think 'the Bible wants you to kiss Jesus' azz from life to death" accurately sums up your "biblical terms" section of the meaning of life. i hope you enjoy aging, it appears as if it will only tear your ego to shreds. ahh, to have another lifetime just to follow those events... but alas, there is just too little time for me on this Earth. i envy your parents.

• 2 weeks later...

If not the oldest, then the most popular philosophical issue. The Holy Grail of philosophy, if you will.

It would be arrogant to claim to know the answer to this. Generations of human beings have questioned the very same thing, and more or less came up empty handed.

However, the quest for this truth has caused people, not only the socalled “great philosophers” to excel in thinking. Unfortunately, it is when people say they know, that things start to go bad. Religions claim to know the answer to this age old question and are far too often prepared to defend their beliefs in extrema.

I think that the fact alone, that humanity questions the meaning of life, might very well be the essence of it. As with the forementioned Holy Grail, it is the quest itself that is the answer.

The meaning of life is people questioning it.

That is my answer.

The meaning of life is existence itself, for can a dog question his life, then yet what is his meaning of life, we as humans tend to question the meaning of life, with Religion, and Scientific explanation. How can an animal use Science or Religion (questions), as to find his meaning of life. It is because it is the dogs very own existence itself to be the meaning of life.

Which brings me to ask what is a digitally recorded album on a hardrives meaning of life, or A.I, the anwser once again is Existence. It seems to me that the smarter of the species, or individual that the More one tends to question The Fabric of Life, and one tends to more likely forget the essence of existence. The lower the lifeform, the lesser one is to question another question, and one is more likely to find the most simplistic of answers to the more complex problems.

The sheer fact that Humans tend to forget that it is their own existence that that allows them to question the meaning of life.

Before My parents brought me into this world I had no questions of the meaning of life, but the fact that I do indeed exist allows me to answer my own questions.

Existence is the Meaning of Life.

Edited by The Man

• 1 month later...

(Note: The following is my personal opinion and should be taken only as that. I am one who believes that there is no such thing as a “truth.” Instead, I only believe in opinion and assumption.)

The meaning of life…

The human ego infinitely strives to authenticate its “importance” and, as a result, this well-known question is posed. Humans feel that their lives are more important than lesser leveled creatures. In contradiction, consider the following facts (remember to correlate each fact and forget about the dominating success of humans over other living things):

1. Even if our lives hold an iota of importance in the grand scheme of things, there is only one outcome to each life: death. Therefore, if there is a meaning to life, it is inevitably nullified. sad.gif

2. Consider the amount of living things that have been, will be, and are living on earth. Can one have more meaning than another? Why? undecided.gif

3. Humans are not the only living species on earth. cat.gif

4. The earth is not the only planet in the universe. ohmy.gif

5. There is a possibility of life on others planets. alien.gif

Now I’m not trying to say that the meaning of life is based solely on importance, however it’s certainly an aspect that plays a major part in the question. For instance, if there really is a meaning to life then shouldn’t it entail everything and everyone?

The broadness and complexity of life will most likely prevent us from ever answering certain questions. The fact is there is no right answer or logical assumption that would fully answer this query. Opinions are all we have and my opinion is as good of a guess as yours. To me life is nothing more than an evolving continuum of randomness and we, like everything else, are the product of it. But as for a definitive answer? No way, it’s not possible for anyone to give the right answer. Believe what you believe.

what is the meaning of life?

to learn. all that this life, past lives and future lives are for is the learning experience. you can't really know what a homeless person feels like unless you are a homeless person. you can't know what it feels like to have the crap beat out of you by someone that "loves" you until you experience it etc., etc. and then, sometimes you get to come back and just have fun and enjoy life, no real worries. so, we do all this life sh** to build true empathy for others and not be so freakin selfish. then maybe it stars over agian, or we rest or go to another world. who knows? so, have lots of fun and be nice. w00t.gif

Edited by MoonBaby

the meaning of life is to bear witness and experience it

enjoy it while it lasts

lifes a laugh and deaths a joke its true

youll see its all a show

keep em laughing as you go

just remember that the last laugh is on you

so

always look on the bright side of life

whistling2.gifwhistling2.gifwhistling2.gifwhistling2.gifwhistling2.gifwhistling2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The meaning of life is different for each person, as shown here. It is how you live and see; your perception shapes your definition of life. By suggesting all of these views to Day Dreamer, you have proven that. (kinda weird how that played out... blink.gif ) The dictionary has a mirror under the word 'life'.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

The meaning of life is to experience all that there is

The answer to the meaning of life is...42

Sorry, couldn't resist... tongue.gif

Damn, you beat me to it tongue.gifgrin2.gif

Really, you only have two choices:

1) One is that if evolution is true, life is only an accident, a mistake and there's no meaning to life whatsoever and when we die, we'll just blink out of existence, never to make a difference, only to have been a strain, a problem for others trying to make it while I live comfortably in my home, sipping my highly fattening favorite carbonated beverage while millions out there are struggling just to find a drop of the most abundant resource on our planet.

2) If creation is true, life is a test for all. We were all created for a purpose, the part of a great plan that we'll never know of until after we're gone and if we pass the test, there's something great for each of us on the other side, waiting for us. If God exists, then it proves that need does not exist, because nothing on this planet matters because we're here only to show what we've got, to work to make things and life better for someone else, the next in line and when we go, someone else takes our place and tries make life better for the next in line, but none of it matters because there is eternal life.

Pick one, 1 or 2, there really isn't any other opinion. Whatever you think of, it will resemble either one of those answers.

Meaning of life is very simple, but because we are humans and are not perfect and never listen and do what god has told us to do then it is very complicated.

God has created us and everything for a purpose and everyone and everything has it's own destiny and time. The time and destiny that is in our hands can not be control by us but we can change it very simple by believeing in god and by making the right decisions and right steps into making your life. It is up to you make your destiny and to change you faith by taking riskes and with those riskes you make your life. Life is simply divided up into 3 parts and they are:

1) Praying and Believeing in God

2) Working and Earning your money the honest and right way.

3) The time of your life and how you have used it to achive and accomplish and make your purpose for living.

Edited by Mishari