Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the meaning of life?

Day Dreamer

to live life the best you can grin2.gif never give in to others original.gif be your self no matter what cool.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• moe eubleck

• PsychicPenguin

• joc

wub.gif me and my friend trid to answer this question and we decided thet there is no point in living because you will only find out the meaning of lif ein death. We also t hought that the meaning of life could be, just to be.

Is this why you go by the name of death?

The meaning of life ?

We are created, we live, we create the new generation, we try our best to be successful in life, we give and try our best to be someone and make a change in this world, to make things better and easier for who? Ever since we are born we know that we are going to die, and nothing that we have done is going to stop that from hapening!!. So, all of us are making things better and easier for somebody?

It seems that we were created as a test, Being here is a challange.... The only one who benefits is the creator ! but who's the creator?..... Life is a challange, where we are being drag by time !! no matter what you do, time is always gonna keep running.... no matter how hard you try to not become a 50year old man, time is gonna take you there.. is it LIFE = TIME ?.

*Rafael

Once I answered this question as The Nameless One, then I posted it as The Man.

I have thought a great deal more about this question, and Id like to add some more to my answer. Complete the pattern solve the riddle. Everything in life has a pattern even the most complex mathematical problems have patterns, nature is a pattern, order out of chaos leaves us with a paradox, but still there has to be a pattern. What is the PATTERN.

0= Universe = Atoms = Consiousness = Existence = Life = Death = 0

Curiosity and consiousness form from atoms forged from the universe.

Zero represents the the point in time in which the universe had order, before it shot into a state of randomness. If we find the pattern, we return to the source and it starts over, not exactly reincarnation but more like nothingness without end.

Put a Cd on repeat, if repetiton is the cycle, God would be the battery that keeps juice running.

The question is not what is the meaning of life, but what is the meaning of God.

Chaos causes changes in patterns but it still has one simple pattern that keeps it from destroying itself. That pattern is God, what is the God code.

Is it a number, Does it have shape, is it consious, is it relative to time?

If the meaning of life is to return to the source, then the meaning of God would have to be about keeping the original pattern of the source together kind of like a glue.

Yo people somebody help me out. WHAT IS THE GOD CODE?

The question is not what is the meaning of life, but what is the meaning of God.

The question "what is the meaning of life?" was asking of a more personal and individual meaning then the universal question of god. You have dug much deeper than the original poster intended.

It seems apparent Nameless One that your personal meaning of life may be to find the answer to your God code.

• 1 month later...
Give love and it will come back to you in the future, give it a try. The meaning of life is to be happy.

Love and wisdom is the key to life. And life is the evolition of thought, to keep evolving.

My opnion from experience to life.

Hi ya everyone I'm new here. wink2.gif

Anyone know any secrets to life?

Yes i maybe of some help. Can show the path and make up your minds.

First of all, heyaz to everyone participating on this forum (<- new member).

Meaning of life perspective:

1: vieuwed from within life.

2: part of a greater cascade including interexistantial factors.

1:

I believe the meaning of life doesn't neccesarily need to be difficult to comprehend at all. I say to 'answer' this question, one needs to trace life back to its roots and study it as it becomes more and more sophisticated by means of evolution. To me the meaning of life is simply to stay inside existance, to survive (as a species) with natural selection being the hand of god judging which will be and which will not.

2:

However this debate has two sides. The one dwelling only inside of our existance (see above speculation) and one which ferries inside the absolute chaos we are (infinitely?) seperated from. To say it in not alien-like language: Why life is there and what is connected to it outside of our existance. So being part of GODs maxims or not. If life is just a game or an experiment, etc. No-one can know about that but I guess that is also an interest we all have in common.

As for the dreaming part and a possible theory for the meaning of life:

"I believe life is indeed part of some sceme because i support the notion of: everything comes with a reason, albeit an extremely senseless and ludicrous one sometimes. So I came up with the thought of life being a transition state maybe with a measuring factor included (something similar to what the bible refers to maybe (good -> heaven, bad -> hell)) and that life must go on (long enough?) for a species to keep that transition state going on."

Again, the latter part is pure metaphysical. Disagreeing is common, denial on this subject is an act of god only. It's the sharing of our dreams that feed our interests [this group at least]. I think alien.gif

Is it so hard to comprehend that life possibly has no meaning? Or that life is constantly searching for a meaning through evolution?

Just saying, don't assume there is a meaning of life before you ask the big questions.

Edited by spidermonkey

i ponder this question, have thought long and hard about it all to long, and i've realised one thing, the meaning to life is not to devote all your time to understanding it's meaning, but to live it as best as you can, and in that experience find meaning to your existence. just live it, don't waste your time questioning it.

a couple of other thoughts.

life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, woo hoo what a ride--unknown

or...

to leave the world a better place, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or an improved social condition, that is to have succeeded. that only one life breathed easier because you lived, that is success- attributed to ralph waldo emerson.

but then.... what the hell do i know.

to leave the world a better place, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or an improved social condition, that is to have succeeded. that only one life breathed easier because you lived, that is success- attributed to ralph waldo emerson.

That sounds fine to me original.gif

Is the unexamined life worth living? If we talk of such things, then our conscience

testifies to the truth. And... Perhaps the meaning of life is truth, and love. No?

Since, without love and truth.... where would we be? Maybe we would not even

exist.

I don't think there is truly a SINGLE answer to "What is the meaning of Life?". Rather, I think there is a multitude of answers- all dependant upon our own perceptions, feelings, and beliefs about our own lives.

Some feel it's to better others; others feel its to devote themselves to a deity; while still others feel it is to simply be happy in their own lives, and the lives of others. None of them is necessarily wrong- rather, they are all correct in their own perceptions.

I've always felt life wasn't a single question, but a deluge of questions and answers- a process of learning, and questing for even more knowledge. Is it the meaning of Life? No, but it is the meaning of my life.

Having not read this entire thread yet, and not knowing if someone else has posted this yet, I must say that the meaning of the universe is undeniably, 42. And the question of the universe is "What is 6 * 7".

Edited by Druidus

• 3 years later...
It's to live life to the fullest because we are here for a limited time ;)

This is how i see it " Life is like a bubble, so live it to the top cos u never know when its gonna pop !!!!" :sk

It's a metter of opinion what is good or what is bad.

The answer to this question you should find by yourself. Nobody can answer you that. The problem in this world is that 90% of people are existing or just shadowing the earth.

If you want to live, you should find the answer in yourself.

Life is given to you just once, so treasure it until you find your goal.

I believe the meaning of life is to make your species, preferably with your genes, continue to exist and ultimately to dominate. Everything that organisms do in the natural world points towards this as a common goal.

Humans are pretty close to it, but thankfully we evolved the intelligence to understand that if we completed this goal, life would get erased.

Of course I have my own version. But who gives a damn? No, really. What's it gonna change if I give my opinion. Of course nothing. Anyway, just wanted to say how funny it is to see that most ppl are so sure their view is the right one. Rather than being undecided and keeping an ever-open mind. Read a lot, and be ready to adjust and refine your thoughts and ideas. And keep looking, of course, never give up or think you already know it all. Cause that's just sad.

If there IS an ultimate meaning, it can't be very easy to find and recognize, otherwise it'd have been discovered by many simultaniously and spreaded all over the world. But apparently it hasn't. Just dunno what makes ppl think they'll find it in this topic. ;) But I guess most just come here to tell the world how THEY see the matter, and mission accomplished. Anyway, most, if not all, of your versions are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_of_life Quite a good read. Replaces everything that's been said in this topic, I think.

Edited by Rolci

its simple, and the meaning of life is contained in one word:

CONSUME.

but in doing so, remember, everything is better when it is shared.

Hey ya'll! What is the meaning of life? It's one of life's biggest questions and no one knows the answer to it (I think). So what do you people on this board think the meaning of life is? I think the meaning of life is hard work. Well, please reply.

;):rolleyes::D:whistle:

Yeah i dont think people all have the same perseption of life.I think its about earning knowledge and love and respect and haveing fun as much as possibly with minimal tragedies.

The answer to the meaning of life is...42

Sorry, couldn't resist... :P

LOL<Arthur Dent and the hitchiker's guide to the galaxy,Nice one Fluffybunny.I can see why you couldn't resist. :lol:

Airplane Martinis and Cap'n Morgan... And New Zealand... I love New Zealand