Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can anyone do this

Ok I have been trying to ap on and off for about 7months or so. I never really stuck to it due to inner fear and I was just not ready. After about hmmmmm 4 months of trying I supposedly became psychic since ghosts are visible to me.Well today I slept in and decided to try to astral after about a 2 month break. I didn't feel like focusing and stuff and just wanted to try it real quick and go back to sleep. So I was laying in my bed just saying an affirmation it was " I am gonna astral project" and after about 5 sec I got a little pain in my ankles which happens whenever anything otherworldly happens. Then my feet started floating slowly like and then my upper legs too. But then my mom came in the room and I immediately lost the feeling. So basically I skipped visualization, meditation, and vibrating all together. Anyone ever do that too. And was maybe something trying to pull me out but I didn't feel the hands or anything.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBA

• Rolci

• CrazY-BoY

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i've never tried this but it seems like something i might wana try one day.i dont think something was pulling you out you probably just lost focus when your mom walked in your room.

It was strange thought because before I had to focus and visualize and usually wait for about 30min to actually feel vibration and then nothing else happened. Now I did not care and was really not trying when in a matter of seconds I got further then 7 months of trying. Which I think is weird

I am actually happy this happened because I was going to give it up. But now since I have experienced something more I will do it.

Sorry I forgot to mention when the psychic came in I got extremely more close to being able to astral. Like flashing lights INTENSE vibrations and a quick time till the vibrations. And I have had a pretty scary obe. I might just post it on the forum but not sure.

I think one of the keys to succeeding in AP, LD and psychic stuff is "don't want it too much". And especially don't try to do it just so that you can prove to yourself or others that it exists and can be done. Do it as if it was natural and do it for fun or with a specific goal in mind that you can focus on during the attempt.

Edited by Rolci

What you had was just typical sleep paralysis, it's an entirely natural process. It's the process of entering a dream, as your mind is becoming less focused on reality. You lost focus when your mom entered the room because you moved. When you move while going into SP, the brain says "Oh, nevermind, my body is awake", and stops the sensations. I hate to rain on the parade here but AP was never supernatural, it's just lucid dreaming, and it's 100% a simulation inside the brain.

You didn't really "skip" anything, you just felt a different sensation of SP this time around. Sometimes you'll feel like you're flying or falling, sometimes you'll feel like your skin is changing shape, etc.

The flashing lights/vibrations are also all very common and very normal experiences going into sleep paralysis.. I've had them too in trying to lucid dream.

Edited by KBA

I was there and did that, be careful very careful, you reach a point when you can't control anything, in my case I started seeing beings all the time, and noises all the time. At one point I did not what was real and what was not. SOme spiritis are bad and they want to hurt you. At that time I remember I got two dogs, they are very good detecting spirits and ghosts before you are able to see them.

I came back thanks to my dogs, and to prayer, I prayed every time I sensed one ghost close, I know that maybe the Evil one is working in your case, my message in the web to you was erased twice I don't have computer problems, I control computers very well is just funny. Please be careful and pray...

What you had was just typical sleep paralysis, it's an entirely natural process. It's the process of entering a dream, as your mind is becoming less focused on reality. You lost focus when your mom entered the room because you moved. When you move while going into SP, the brain says "Oh, nevermind, my body is awake", and stops the sensations. I hate to rain on the parade here but AP was never supernatural, it's just lucid dreaming, and it's 100% a simulation inside the brain.

You didn't really "skip" anything, you just felt a different sensation of SP this time around. Sometimes you'll feel like you're flying or falling, sometimes you'll feel like your skin is changing shape, etc.

The flashing lights/vibrations are also all very common and very normal experiences going into sleep paralysis.. I've had them too in trying to lucid dream.

Have you ever seen the "Alt-F4" Spirit... Its very scary.....

OMFG!!! ITS THE "ALT-F4" GHOSTTTT!!! OHHH NOEESSSS

*Alt-F4*

[/End of file error: No data left on post due to abrupt force quit]

[/Auto-data recovery enabled[X]]

Very true greenboy. For some reason you avatar HT reminds me of spontaneous human combustion. I used to be so scared of that one time but since I do not match the type that it usually happens to I stopped worrying lol

I was there and did that, be careful very careful, you reach a point when you can't control anything, in my case I started seeing beings all the time, and noises all the time. At one point I did not what was real and what was not. SOme spiritis are bad and they want to hurt you. At that time I remember I got two dogs, they are very good detecting spirits and ghosts before you are able to see them.

I came back thanks to my dogs, and to prayer, I prayed every time I sensed one ghost close, I know that maybe the Evil one is working in your case, my message in the web to you was erased twice I don't have computer problems, I control computers very well is just funny. Please be careful and pray...

No, you were never in any danger. There is no real danger while doing LD/"AP". The reason you see scary things are simply because you're afraid. You create those scary things, it's just a representation of your underlying emotions, like all dreams are.. but there's nothing they can do to hurt you, it's just a dream, and none of it is "real".

Sleep paralysis.. but, in my sister's case, it controls her.. she goes into something else.