Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Messages from the Afterlife

HowdyDoo

I've been away from UM for some time, but I decided it was time to share my experience of the past year. I'm not sure exactly why--maybe I want confirmation of my experience—or maybe I just want to share with certainty the existence of another life after this one.

This past year has been a very difficult one for me. First, I lost my mother, which is the reason for my writing. Secondly, I have had two knee surgeries, both of which did not turn out as expected, and I’ve been in a great deal of pain. During this time, I cared for my mother, who was diagnosed with lung cancer. This was her second bought of cancer—her first was with tongue/neck cancer ten years earlier, which she overcame.

My mother and I have always had a special connection. As she grew more ill from her terminal cancer, I felt more and more like I had been her mother in a past life, as I was nursing her now and it felt so natural and familiar. There is no way I can confirm this feeling, however—I just know we’ve been together in life before.

My mother was a brilliant woman. Even at 81, she had a glint in her eyes—she actually sparkled. She was so intelligent—she had written two books, she had a beautiful voice and sang opera; she had various careers, designed house plans, sewed clothes and built houses. She was an amazing person and I miss her terribly.

I was her favorite out of four daughters. I know that parents are supposed to never say that—and parents probably tell each child that they are their “favorite” when they have got them each alone, but it was pretty well understood in the family, since I was the ‘baby’ of the family. We always had a special relationship, even when we were having knock-down, drag out fights. I wasn’t always a good daughter to her—busy family life, ill health and stress took its toll on me, and I often neglected her. However, she always forgave me, even without my asking for forgiveness.

God was amazing to us during her illness, which was, at times, a nightmare. When we really needed something, he would send it in the form of friends, family and resources. My sisters were amazing through this ordeal. It made me realize how much we are bound together by love, and that this love continues from this life to the next.

After my mother died (she died in my house), I was overcome with grief. I would actually pine for her. The only comfort I found was sitting in her chair or lighting a candle for her near her picture. Then I started hearing her call me—first, she called me by my nickname, which she rarely used, but she did it in a teasing, sing-song fashion. I thought it was my imagination. Then, I heard her call my name, “Katherine,” which was what she usually called me, and this time, it was more insistent. Again, I brushed it off as wishful thinking and/or a brain oddity.

One night, I got up to use the rest room, and as I settled back into bed, I heard her call me again, very loud and clearly this time, “KATHERINE!” She meant business! I jumped up in bed and said, “My God, my mother just called my name!” My husband was awake, and this startled him a bit. I was just thrilled. It was so loud, so obvious, that I knew she was trying to make contact.

Before she passed, my sister and I asked that she send us some sign that she was safe and happy in the afterlife. She kept her promise.

One night, I was watching TV, and I had my foot sticking out of the blanket as I lay on the couch. I was wide awake for a change, but it was around 9 or 10 p.m. I wasn't thinking about Mom, just vegging out in front of the tube. All of the sudden, I felt as if someone were pouring cold water on my foot--three large pressure points of cold, one after another, as if someone with cold fingers were placing one finger after another on my foot in three separate places. At first I thought a cat was dripping something on my foot, but the cats were in the other room. It wasn't scary, and it was rather a pleasant sensation. I wasn't afraid at all--but I immediately thought of Mom. It would be just like her to yank on my foot.

About three weeks after her death, my husband walked out of our bedroom and asked, “Have you been messing with the pictures?” I answered, "No--why?" "Because all the pictures on two walls are tilted exactly the same." The parallel walls facing each other did have all the pictures tilted all the same direction and in the same amount. We thought we might have had a small earthquake, but then other pictures in the house would have moved, too. Then we tried to make it happen again by slamming a few doors and pulling down our attic stairs. Everything stayed put. Then I went out into the hall and looked at our secretary, where my mother’s statue of the Blessed Virgin had turned all the way to the right, facing our bedroom. (There is a story that goes with this statue. My mother was a very devout Catholic. At one time in her spiritual journey, she used to say the rosary and picture the Virgin Mary in her mind. When she would open her eyes, she would find that her statue would have turned facing her. This happened several times, and it scared her, so she stopped praying so intently. Since then, she had given the statue to me, because she knew I honored her experience.) I had just looked at it the day before, and it was straight. My sons didn't know anything about it, and I believe them.

Since then, I've also had a strong "sense" of mom--she's really, REALLY excited, very happy, like a 16 year-old-girl. She can't wait until we get there, but knows we have time left. She's really happy to be with everyone she loves and had lost, and it's like a big party--she's a big party girl and she's very busy. The biggest feeling I get from her is that she feels "young" again, and with no problems. She is surprised at what Heaven is like--it's so much more fun than she had anticipated. I've never had a connection like this with anyone before--it's new to me. I figured I had zero psychic powers. With mom, we were always connected in a way, and I've been getting this information from her the past few weeks, especially when I pray. I'm so happy for her, now--it has made my missing her so much easier to handle. Now, I have a hard time feeling sorry for her--she feels so happy to me.

She is getting more distant to me, now, as time passes. I no longer hear her call my name. The statue stays put and the pictures are still straight (even after a real earthquake!). However, I do have dreams of her—and she is always very alive in the dreams as I know she is in heaven.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HowdyDoo

• Amberlight

• jack0fhearts

• Solarbite

I'm happy to know your at peace with your mother being gone; however I would like to add this. You need to be careful, just because strange,unexplained,"supernatural" things happen, it doesn't mean they are coming from your mother, or anything good at all. Demons can follow a person their entire life, and imitate them after death. I don't believe the dead are allowed to communicate. I'm not trying to anger you, or dash your hopes, just don't be SO sure. By the way, I'm sorry you lost her, she sounded like a very great person.

Wow, your story was such a comfort to me. My uncle has had a similar situation in which he sent a message to his mom (my grandmother) in his head at her funeral and asked her, "Where are you mom?" He was flooded with a sense of happiness and a family reunion, like she was finally "home" and with her loved ones. He knew that everything in the end is going to be all right. I always love to hear that story.

By the way, at her wake we were all sitting there watching the casket, and I had the strongest sense of love in that room I have ever felt. It was almost like angels were there, and loving family on the other side. It was very warm and loving, just like a blanket surrounding me. I knew that she was in a fantastic place, the veil between both worlds seemed so thin at that moment and I got to feel a bit of it.

It wasn't the first time I got that feeling in my life, it's unmistakable and truly divine. It's very special and rare and perhaps should be. Just a taste, that's all we get, but it is enough.

You never know when she is going to pop in again (your mom) that is. Just a taste, that's all you need for now, but that's all you will need.

I'm happy to know your at peace with your mother being gone; however I would like to add this. You need to be careful, just because strange,unexplained,"supernatural" things happen, it doesn't mean they are coming from your mother, or anything good at all. Demons can follow a person their entire life, and imitate them after death. I don't believe the dead are allowed to communicate. I'm not trying to anger you, or dash your hopes, just don't be SO sure. By the way, I'm sorry you lost her, she sounded like a very great person.

I appreciate your concern and thank you for your comments. However, if and when you experience something like this, you will also be "sure." In the meantime, you have every right to be skeptical.

I know this was nothing demonic. If you walk with the Holy Spirit, you have God's protection.

Is it possible that there was a physiological reason for these things? Of course—skeptics can try and explain away everything. But I have faith, and my faith tells me that this was a true experience. It brought me peace and comfort, and it brought peace and comfort to my family. (Nothing demonic would do such a thing--remember, you can tell a tree from its fruit.)

I have felt my mother’s presence. I can’t prove it, and I don’t need to. It was as real to me as this computer I’m sitting in front of. I can’t force anyone else to believe me, either—all I can do is share the experience for what it meant to me and hope it means something to someone else.

Wow, your story was such a comfort to me. My uncle has had a similar situation in which he sent a message to his mom (my grandmother) in his head at her funeral and asked her, "Where are you mom?" He was flooded with a sense of happiness and a family reunion, like she was finally "home" and with her loved ones. He knew that everything in the end is going to be all right. I always love to hear that story.

You never know when she is going to pop in again (your mom) that is. Just a taste, that's all you need for now, but that's all you will need.

I'm glad this comforted you! You have no idea the difference it made with me.

I do still have moments when I feel her with me strongly. The last time, I was really upset because of the pain I was in with my knee, afraid of losing my job, and I said outloud, "Mom, can't you help me with this?" I was overcome with such a feeling of sympathy from her, like she would do anything to make me better, and it was distressing to her. Then I felt guilty for making her feel bad! I said, "Don't worry, Mom, I'll be okay." But I knew she was there, wishing she could comfort me in person.

What really surprises me is how she communicates with me. Other than her calling my name, I don't hear her--I just know her thoughts. It was interesting to me that when she was alive, she thought heaven would be this static, serious place of deep reflection and constant worship of God. What she found was a big party and lots of fun! She has plenty to do and has plenty of people to do it with. It was such a surprise to her!

What really surprises me is how she communicates with me. Other than her calling my name, I don't hear her--I just know her thoughts. It was interesting to me that when she was alive, she thought heaven would be this static, serious place of deep reflection and constant worship of God. What she found was a big party and lots of fun! She has plenty to do and has plenty of people to do it with. It was such a surprise to her!

It's going to be a surprise when we get there I am sure. We will probaby look at the things we worried about in life and think, oh man, if only I knew how everything was going to be just fine! I have recieved messages from grandma and she gives me a sense of peace, like everything was going to be okay.

I can believe the spiritual aspect of your story, but not the Christian specific aspect of it. I do believe an afterlife is possible, but give nearly no credit to the idea of a Christian God. Anyhow, hope everything works out for you. Lovely story.

I can believe the spiritual aspect of your story, but not the Christian specific aspect of it. I do believe an afterlife is possible, but give nearly no credit to the idea of a Christian God. Anyhow, hope everything works out for you. Lovely story.

I believe there are many ways to enlightenment; I choose the Christian way. I think the Christian God is as viable as any other. I believe I will see many Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, etc. in heaven. Many people think Christianity is a one-way only belief. I have a broader view of Christianity that may anger regular Christians, I know. But I follow where the Holy Spirit leads, and this is what I've come to embrace in my religion.

It seems this was your post of re-entrance to the UM Forums, and it was a grand re-entering - so welcome back!!!

Your story was touching and I do feel it takes someone of a finely tuned spiritual nature to experience what you've described - it may happen to others, but not all will sense the situation as deeply detailed as you've explained it.

What user Solarbite suggests about demons imitating people after death is true in some cases, but I feel in this case it isn't.

You explained you had a special connection with your mother, so it's fair to say you'd be able to identify her out of a crowd of thousands. Even if that crowd included demons trying to imitate her.

You just gotta keep your guard up as you have, and listening to your instincts of when she really is "dropping in for a visit", otherwise there maybe other negative forces at work. Never settle for anything less of her characteristics, and immediately dismiss any negative forces if you don't feel that same strong connection you had with her.

I don't believe she's in Heaven quite yet though, although I do think she's been assigned a safe haven from God to rest until we are all called for judgement.

Your mother sounds like a great person, and so do you HowdyDoo!

:tu: What a great story! I'm glad you and your mother were close. I sometimes have dreams with my late mother and father in them.We usually do what we did as kids.go on picnics and drives to some of the little towns around the San Antonio area like Gonzales,floresville and all.

Sometimes when I go driving around,I'll even talk to them,telling them about all the houses and businesses going up.

One day I drove out to Seguin,the county seat and saw a big owl. Without even thinking,I said Look momma and daddy,a big owl! Whever I see a meadowlark or redwing blackbird I think of my parents,since these were favourite birds of them both. I feel like when I see one,it's momma or daddy saying hello.The same goes if I see cotton tail or jack rabbits.

While it is true demons can imitate someone you knew,i don't think that's the case here.

I'm sure you'll have your mom visit you in your dreams at times.She loves you very much and is looking out for you.

It seems this was your post of re-entrance to the UM Forums, and it was a grand re-entering - so welcome back!!!

Your story was touching and I do feel it takes someone of a finely tuned spiritual nature to experience what you've described - it may happen to others, but not all will sense the situation as deeply detailed as you've explained it.

What user Solarbite suggests about demons imitating people after death is true in some cases, but I feel in this case it isn't.

You explained you had a special connection with your mother, so it's fair to say you'd be able to identify her out of a crowd of thousands. Even if that crowd included demons trying to imitate her.

You just gotta keep your guard up as you have, and listening to your instincts of when she really is "dropping in for a visit", otherwise there maybe other negative forces at work. Never settle for anything less of her characteristics, and immediately dismiss any negative forces if you don't feel that same strong connection you had with her.

I see what you mean. I agree that you must use discernment when evaluating these experiences.

My mom was an amazing person. About three days before she died, she had a really bad morning. I was the only one with her at the time, since my sister had left to go home for a bit. It was such a struggle for me to get her comfortable, and I was in a great deal of pain. When I finally got her settled down and comfortable, I sat next to her recliner for a while. At this point, she was overcome with the Holy Spirit. She kept saying how blessed she had been to have such wonderful daughters to take care of her in her illness, and how he had given her a wonderful life. Then she said, "Have I ever told you about what I have been thinking--about the Body of Christ?" I said no, and she replied, "Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking about how I fit into God's plan--what part of the Body of Christ I am. I know each person plays a specific role, but I never knew what part of the body I was. And then, it came to me--I know what part of the Body I am." I was listening intently, and marveling at her words and preparing myself for something profound.

Then she said, "I'm the as*hole."

I burst out laughing. When I calmed down a bit, I said, "You know, the as*hole is a very important part of the body."

She said, "You're absolutely right. God has used me to flush out all this filth and decay, and then he wiped me clean."

Later that night, when I was sitting next to her, she tapped me on the arm and then pointed up at a corner of her room.

"Can you see it?" she asked me. I looked up and saw nothing. Was she looking at a bug?

"Uh, no, Mom, I don't see anything."

"Look--up there in the corner. Is he still there?" I was starting to worry that Mom had lost her marbles.

"No--what I'm I suppose to see?"

"It's Jesus. I keep him in the corner of the room, so now there is no room for anything else. If you keep Jesus in the corner of your heart, there will be no room for anything else."

I was overwhelmed. My mom was something special.

Edited by HowdyDoo

I have a similar story regarding my friend. 4 years ago my best friend died, committed suicide, it was very tragic. I blamed myself a lot because I got a missed call from him on my mobile in the morning but I was too busy to return the call until the evening when there was no answer. The next day I heard the news that he had died the previous afternoon. He stepped out in front of a coming train. I could not help thinking if I had returned his call immediately he would have been alive. I may have been able to detect his depression or something. For months afterwards I was miserable and could not stop crying. I could not work properly, could not eat or sleep properly. I kept praying for forgiveness and kept asking him to let me know he was OK but nothing happened.

Then one saturday morning out of the blue I received an unexpected visit from a friend whom I had not seen for more than 8 years. She used to work with me at my old job. She was a close friend then but we both left the work, got married and moved away and we lost contact. She is a medium and was studying parapsychology. She told me for the whole week prior to her visit she kept seeing this man standing at the end of her bed asking her to go tell me that he was OK, that he was very happy now and that it was not my fault. She could not understand the message but he said " Doesnt matter, she will ". When she told him she had lost contact with me and didnt know where I was, he gave her my address and to her surprise my new work was only a short distance to her new house. She had a young baby at that time and she couldnt find time to go find me straight away. Every night he would come to her bed asking her the same thing again. In the end she got so sick of it ( her own words ) that she had to go find me.

I nearly fell off my chair and broke down crying. I still dont know why my friend could not tell me directly. Maybe because I have 3 very strong guardian angels ( I was told that by various people ) that he could not come near me, or maybe he was worried that I would not believe the message. Anyway, he decided to do it that way and it was beyond any doubt I could have had about the whole thing.

I was so thankful as since then I have been able to feel a complete sense of peace and calm and could continue life as normal again.

Just want to share with you, that yes, I do believe there is an after life and people in that plane can communicate with us one way or another if they want to.

I do still have moments when I feel her with me strongly. The last time, I was really upset because of the pain I was in with my knee, afraid of losing my job, and I said outloud, "Mom, can't you help me with this?" I was overcome with such a feeling of sympathy from her, like she would do anything to make me better, and it was distressing to her. Then I felt guilty for making her feel bad! I said, "Don't worry, Mom, I'll be okay." But I knew she was there, wishing she could comfort me in person.

Hi there Howdy,

My dream experiences have been the same. There isnt really talk, but a sense and understanding of it back and forth without words....

While what Solarbite has said is true, and bad or evil spirits can disquise themselves as a good one to fool us, usually that only happens when someone dabbles in the dark side. You will know in your heart if it was good. And I also feel, it was indeed a visit from your mom. You have been blessed thru life to have such a strong "spirit" connection with her. Like you said your "faith" and "knowing" tells you... I bet your very intuitive too arent you????

You still have moments when you feel her strongly, because she is around you... They do look in on us.

I have felt my mother’s presence. I can’t prove it, and I don’t need to. It was as real to me as this computer I’m sitting in front of. I can’t force anyone else to believe me, either—all I can do is share the experience for what it meant to me and hope it means something to someone else.

Your absolutly right honey! There will always be someone to try to discredit your experience, dont be swayed by them...This is your precious gift. Call it Spiritual or Christian etc... I do know all good comes from the Lord and Light of the Holy Spirit.

I know this was nothing demonic. If you walk with the Holy Spirit, you have God's protection.

Your moms strong spiritual energy has most likely made it easy for her to come visit you and your openess and acceptance has helped. You couldnt be more right....

Dont ever let anyone try to take this away from you....We both know better.

P.S. Your Mom is onto something.....

When I pray, I ask that my heart be filled with all the love and joy of the Holy Spirit so there is no room for any negativity to enter...

And the same for my home, that it be filled with the joy and love of the Holy Spirit until it pours forth from all its doors and windows leavng no room for anything else....

Maybe were wiser than we know :yes:

I will never understand why....there are so many nay sayers out there who just dont BELEIVE!

Annsie.....I am also happy for you too....

Just because our loved one passes over, doesnt mean they stop loving us....

Blessings to you both....

I have a similar story regarding my friend. 4 years ago my best friend died, committed suicide, it was very tragic. I blamed myself a lot because I got a missed call from him on my mobile in the morning but I was too busy to return the call until the evening when there was no answer. The next day I heard the news that he had died the previous afternoon. He stepped out in front of a coming train. I could not help thinking if I had returned his call immediately he would have been alive. I may have been able to detect his depression or something. For months afterwards I was miserable and could not stop crying. I could not work properly, could not eat or sleep properly. I kept praying for forgiveness and kept asking him to let me know he was OK but nothing happened.

Then one saturday morning out of the blue I received an unexpected visit from a friend whom I had not seen for more than 8 years. She used to work with me at my old job. She was a close friend then but we both left the work, got married and moved away and we lost contact. She is a medium and was studying parapsychology. She told me for the whole week prior to her visit she kept seeing this man standing at the end of her bed asking her to go tell me that he was OK, that he was very happy now and that it was not my fault. She could not understand the message but he said " Doesnt matter, she will ". When she told him she had lost contact with me and didnt know where I was, he gave her my address and to her surprise my new work was only a short distance to her new house. She had a young baby at that time and she couldnt find time to go find me straight away. Every night he would come to her bed asking her the same thing again. In the end she got so sick of it ( her own words ) that she had to go find me.

I nearly fell off my chair and broke down crying. I still dont know why my friend could not tell me directly. Maybe because I have 3 very strong guardian angels ( I was told that by various people ) that he could not come near me, or maybe he was worried that I would not believe the message. Anyway, he decided to do it that way and it was beyond any doubt I could have had about the whole thing.

I was so thankful as since then I have been able to feel a complete sense of peace and calm and could continue life as normal again.

That was such a great story! You are so fortunate that your deceased friend found another friend of yours to give a message that everything is fine.

Howdy, Howdy-Doo :) !!

I'm so glad to see you back and thank you for the inspiration in your shared story of your Mom.

As it seems a thread for sharing true contacts, I am reminded of Al, who'd been my partner at the Sheriff's Office for much of my career, or close by and always something of a mentor. For me, he was like a big brother. I really looked up to him, jerk or not, you know? He mattered a great deal to me. To him, being such a social kind of guy and busy, I was just a friend in his mind. That's as it should be, given he was married happily and there was nothing like that sort of interest in me for him. But, short of it, I really loved him.

He got diagnosed with lung cancer a couple years back and it was in a way, as big a shock to me as it certainly was for him and his family. Long story short, he ultimately retired and dealt with it, and used the time to get closer to his family and heal old rifts and wars. I didn't get to see him much.

But, it came at a bad time for me, and it really rocked my world and got me thinking. I ultimately left and moved away and started over in another state, but my parents are there and I was back often to visit and heard the latest.

A week or so before Christmas of 2006, Mom called and told me he'd passed on and when the funeral was. I told her I wouldn't be coming back for it. Al knew I didn't generally do funerals. He wouldn't look to see me there anyway.

The night after his funeral happened, I was sitting here at my home, just quiet and suddenly, in every way but with my literal eyes, I saw and sensed him here, young, happy, healthy, but serious. I knew in my mind what he meant to convey. What he said was "I never realised how much I mattered to you. I wish I had and I'm sorry." and I was overwhelmed really, and told him the truth - that he knew now was plenty enough. He'd really mattered to me throughout my cop career and always would in a real way. I felt as if he smiled and there was peace and understanding there and then he was gone. I whispered into the air "Catch ya on the flip-flop, buddy" which I always had done when we worked together at shift end. I am certain I heard him laugh faintly.

And he's been gone since. No haunting or anything of the sort. I don't expect to see him again until I die, too, if he's over my way. Our bond was not like your's with your Mom, but it was one of those odd, very tight cop things, which can be callous and annoying and indifferent and also willing to die if need be for each other, at the same time. It is a form of family.

But, the hallmark of such real visits is the healing and comfort they bring, I think. Another is how true to life they are, just maybe with a bit more sparkle because they feel so much better freed of the pain.

I'd almost say it lacked any sense of being supernatural. He just was dropping by to say aloha and get it straight between us.

Which is purely Al. Then and now.

Thanks again, Howdy-Doo, and welcome back.

NS

I will never understand why....there are so many nay sayers out there who just dont BELEIVE!

Hey, I'm not a nayer! I was just saying to be precautious!! Gosh :P

I have a similar story regarding my friend.

That is a really cool story annsie! Just goes to show loved ones who have passed on are so forgiving! No matter how guilty or responsible you feel you are, they always see through it and understand how much you valued them as a friend ^_^

I whispered into the air "Catch ya on the flip-flop, buddy" which I always had done when we worked together at shift end. I am certain I heard him laugh faintly.

Another awesome heart touching story of a tough chic showing her sensitive side, thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed it, especially how you were adamant on not "doing funerals", but in the end the guest of honour brought his funeral to you :)

I appreciate your concern and thank you for your comments. However, if and when you experience something like this, you will also be "sure." In the meantime, you have every right to be skeptical.

Is it possible that there was a physiological reason for these things? Of course—skeptics can try and explain away everything. But I have faith, and my faith tells me that this was a true experience. It brought me peace and comfort, and it brought peace and comfort to my family. (Nothing demonic would do such a thing--remember, you can tell a tree from its fruit.)

I agree with you when you say : if and when you experience something like this, you will also be "sure." because i did feel something like this one night when i went to bed and i just knew that it was one of my parents who had been there...

I enjoyed reading your post and i do believe your mom came to see you...

Those are great stories guys.When my dad died i had lost my job a week or so beforehand. The night before his funeral he came to me in a dream and told me" i've sorted out the job thing dont worry". Next day my old boss turned up with a loan of a car and asked me to go back working again... Dream or Not ? I've never been too sure to be honest and with time the memory of it has become blurred , but who knows.

I do like to read other peoples experiences though and i suppose it's in the personal evidential encounters that people really feel that they can believe that there is more than this.

Bogey

Edited by Bogeyman

Wow--what great stories! They are amazing and uplifting. It just helps to confirm to me what I already know--that our loved ones are still there and still care about us.

One thing my mom "told" me is that the reason why she was passing on these messages through me was that she was concerned that she might frighten my sisters--she knew I was open to it and wouldn't be scared. She knew I would pass on the information to my other sisters, and I have. I think being receptive is the key here--our loved ones don't want to frighten us, just reassure us.

Hi HowdyDoo

I find it intriguing that your mom used to have the statue turn on her before her death, and now it's happening to you.

I think your mom is letting you know she's ok, you say you have a sense of excitement from her, my sister has had this same sense from my daughter since she passed, with her it was she could "feel" her smiling and happiness. My sister called me at 4am on morning, crying to tell me this, it was so profound.

I'm glad you've shared this with us, I hope your mom continues to bring you comfort.

Reg x

Hi HowdyDoo

I find it intriguing that your mom used to have the statue turn on her before her death, and now it's happening to you.

I think your mom is letting you know she's ok, you say you have a sense of excitement from her, my sister has had this same sense from my daughter since she passed, with her it was she could "feel" her smiling and happiness. My sister called me at 4am on morning, crying to tell me this, it was so profound.

I'm glad you've shared this with us, I hope your mom continues to bring you comfort.

Reg x

I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's passing, but I'm glad she was able to contact you through your sister. I know the feeling your sister had--profound is the perfect word for it!

My mom had a very unique spiritual life. She had several visions in her lifetime. One very memorable one was during an Easter Mass. My mom, being the choir director, was in the choir loft and praying intently during the Consecration of the Eucharist. (For those who don't know--it's the sacred time when the priest re-enacts the last supper, and turns the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ.) When the priest raised the bread, she saw Jesus superimposed behind the Priest, at a slightly higher level. She blinked, rubbed her eyes, looked again, and the vision was still there as the priest raised his arms again, holding the chalice this time. After the Consecration was over, the vision disappeared.

I've been keeping my eye on the statue, but it hasn't moved since. We even had an actual earthquake, and it stayed put.

Edited by HowdyDoo