Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Project Moondust and military abductions

UM-Bot

ufo6.jpg
William B Stoecker: A few years ago a number of women, most prominently Melinda Leslie and Leah Haley, claimed that they had undergone UFO abduction experiences, told no one, or, at the most, a few friends and close family members, and then had been abducted by the US military, who seemed, magically, to know all about their UFO abductions. At the time, they had little or no evidence to back up their rather amazing claims. In 1993 author and researcher Kevin Randle wrote an article, and later a book, Project Moondust, claiming that the US Air Force had a parachute trained special operations unit, formed in 1953, to parachute onto the sites of crashed UFOs to secure the wreck sites. Prior to this, there had been only the vaguest rumors of such a unit, but the book included documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, proving that the unit actually existed (and probably still does). As a cover, or as an additional mission, the unit was also configured to parachute onto the site if any Soviet aircraft should happen to crash in North America, or at least that was their story. It is likely that the unit existed in some informal fashion even before 1953. Is there some connection between this unit and the experiences of Melinda Leslie, Leah Haley, and others? At first glance a connection, or at least a direct one, would seem unlikely, as Melinda Leslie, in particular, identified at least some of her human abductors as Naval personnel. But, as I learned the hard way many years ago, there is more to this story.

In 1955, at the age of 11, I was attending a school-sponsored summer camp at Garner State Park west of San Antonio, Texas.We boys slept on cots, in tents, and furnished our own bedding, in my case a fairly thick cotton sleeping bag. I slept at the front of a tent that was perhaps the third or fourth from the end of a row roughly paralleling the Frio River. Beyond the last tent was partly open, partly wooded country for quite some distance, and then a fence running down to the river, and then more fairly wild country. I went to sleep one night, and then found myself, with no idea how I came to be there, standing barefoot by the fence, some distance from camp, with my sleeping bag over my shoulder. I was in a curiously calm state of consciousness, and I was not alone. More or less surrounding me, so far as I could see, were several individuals, either fully human in appearance, or nearly so. I do not recall ever seeing a craft or being in any kind of interior, lighted or otherwise. No words were spoken, but there was a powerful sense of being tested, or questioned. Then, again with no transition, I found myself walking back to camp. I looked over my shoulder, but could see only the fence; I seemed to be alone. Making my way back to my tent, I found my path blocked by a patch of burrs, so I threw my bag over them, walked on it, picked it up, put it on my cot, climbed in, and went (incredibly) right to sleep. Next morning, dirt and burrs were adhering to the outside of the bag, proof at least to my satisfaction, that I had physically been out there.

Even so, the experience, albeit with some difficulty, might be explained as a sleep waliking episode and a waking dream superimposed on the real landscape, were it not for what happened later. In the fall of 1963 I returned to New Mexico State University in Las Cruces to begin my junior year as a history major and Air Force ROTC cadet. Our ROTC detachment had a new member, Major Francis Cunnion, wearing an Army paratrooper badge, or jump wings, on his USAF uniform. He explained that, in 1953, he had joined a special operations intelligence unit whose mission, he said, was to parachute onto the site if any Soviet aircraft should happen to crash in North America, to gather intelligence unit. Note that this is the same unit described by Kevin Randle, a UFO crash retrieval team (although I did not even suspect anything then). Randle verified that the unit, which for a long time was referred to as "Project Moondust," never had more than about a hundred and thirty or so members, only about thirty or so being officers. So, to recap, I had an abduction, told no one, and then had one of the first, or founding officers of this tiny UFO unit appointed directly over me. You do the math. And things would get much, much worse.

Various unpleasant things began happening to me, detailed in my book, The Atlantis Conspiracy, but I did not connect them with Major Cunnion. I was sent for a routine pre-commissioning physical to Holloman Air Force Base in the fall of 1964, and today there are rumors of a UFO landing there in the spring of that year, and a story that people were taken aboard. Since I can remember absolutely nothing of my physical, I find this rather disturbing, but it proves nothing. Despite everything I became a USAF officer, and later an Intelligence Officer, and, as an additional duty (since the job was removed from Intelligence by a regulation change) an Air Force UFO investigator. In fact, I was involved in an incident mentioned in Richard Dolan's book, UFOs and the National Security State. More unpleasant things happened to me, and I resolved, sadly, to leave the USAF. Wanting to make some use of my training and security clearance, I applied for jobs with the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) and the CIA. I was turned down in each case under very odd circumstances. The CIA, in fact, seemed to have some kind of a file on me, which I found to be both disturbing and inexplicable.

I left the military, wasted a few years in graduate school, and then got a job with the Social Security Administration, which is not what it pretends to be. Transferring in to the Sacramento Office in 1975, I worked as a claims representative, taking Social Security applications. Later that year or the next, a man named Roland F. Clements transferred in over me in a management position. Note that I was there before him, just as I was at New Mexico State before Major Cunnion, leaving open the possibility that these people transferred in partly because of me. One day, Clements tried to fire me and possibly railroad me into prison using illegally altered documents. He accused me of having altered Social Security applications after the claimants had signed them, but in every case the handwriting of the alterations was clearly not mine, something Clements had to have known (it was obvious to my union representative). This was shocking enough, but, shortly after this incident, a co- worker told me that Clements (and Clements admitted this to me) had once been in a tiny USAF unit trained to parachute onto the site if any Soviet aircraft should happen to crash in North America.In other words, this rather sinister individual, against all odds, had been in the same unit as Major Cunnion.

I was more or less floored by this. To my horror, I realized that all of this put together could not be coincidental.

I, an unknown and unimportant person, had been, at least twice, targeted by former members of this unit. But why? Looking back in my life, I could find only one thing that might make me stand out: the abduction. For the first time, I realized that my experience, in many ways, resembled accounts of UFO abductions. And I realized that a unit trained and equipped to parachute onto crashed aircraft would be ideally suited to parachuting onto crashed UFOs, and the aircraft mission would be a perfect cover story. Former members of this unit, already in on the big secret, could be used to spy on abductees and exclude or remove them from certain government jobs. But how could they have known of my experience? I had, after all, told no one. It was several frustrating years before I realized that they didn't have to know. If abductions run in families, in certain targeted bloodlines, all they had to do was to track those families. But the implications of all of this are horrific.

Realizing that, through sheer bad luck, I had stumbled upon an important piece of the UFO puzzle, I began trying to get someone to listen. Local MUFON members were not convinced that my story had any value. Investigator Richard Boylan was unable to hypnotize me, but did interview me twice in 1992. But he never understood what I was driving at. I couldn't even get a letter to the editor published in a UFO magazine.Then Melinda Leslie spoke at a Sacramento MUFON meeting.So, I asked people, if I am lying or hallucinating, how did I tell a story so similar to hers,before she went public with her account? And, since I got no publicity and she had never heard of me, how did she tell a story so similar to mine?

Like I said earlier, the implications of all of this are horrific. It seems to indicate that our government, while denying the existence of UFOs, was prepared to retrieve them as far back as 1953 or earlier. Even more unsettling, it implies that our government, at least as far back as 1963 (when Cunnion was appointed over me) was able to track the bloodlines of abductees, and was obsessed with doing so. Things are not what they seem.

William B Stoecker
The Atlantis Conspiracy
www.hiddenmysteries.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Bella-Angelique

• MasterPo

• Kayle

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps for unknown reasons they do not believe that there were ever any abductions and that it was all voluntary activity, with the best protection against hypnotic retrieval being a memory wipe and memory distortion.

It's a fact that there is a law, enacted in the 1960's that makes it a Federal crime to knowingly have contact with an extraterestrial. The law empowers the Director of NASA to investigate any such contact and on his authority alone order the arrest and indefinate detainment of any such persons w/o hearing or appeal.

Why have such a law if there are no such thing as aliens? :unsure2:

linked-imageWilliam B Stoecker: A few years ago a number of women, most prominently Melinda Leslie and Leah Haley, claimed that they had undergone UFO abduction experiences, told no one, or, at the most, a few friends and close family members, and then had been abducted by the US military, who seemed, magically, to know all about their UFO abductions. At the time, they had little or no evidence to back up their rather amazing claims. In 1993 author and researcher Kevin Randle wrote an article, and later a book, Project Moondust, claiming that the US Air Force had a parachute trained special operations unit, formed in 1953, to parachute onto the sites of crashed UFOs to secure the wreck sites. Prior to this, there had been only the vaguest rumors of such a unit, but the book included documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, proving that the unit actually existed (and probably still does). As a cover, or as an additional mission, the unit was also configured to parachute onto the site if any Soviet aircraft should happen to crash in North America, or at least that was their story. It is likely that the unit existed in some informal fashion even before 1953. Is there some connection between this unit and the experiences of Melinda Leslie, Leah Haley, and others? At first glance a connection, or at least a direct one, would seem unlikely, as Melinda Leslie, in particular, identified at least some of her human abductors as Naval personnel. But, as I learned the hard way many years ago, there is more to this story.

In 1955, at the age of 11, I was attending a school-sponsored summer camp at Garner State Park west of San Antonio, Texas.We boys slept on cots, in tents, and furnished our own bedding, in my case a fairly thick cotton sleeping bag. I slept at the front of a tent that was perhaps the third or fourth from the end of a row roughly paralleling the Frio River. Beyond the last tent was partly open, partly wooded country for quite some distance, and then a fence running down to the river, and then more fairly wild country. I went to sleep one night, and then found myself, with no idea how I came to be there, standing barefoot by the fence, some distance from camp, with my sleeping bag over my shoulder. I was in a curiously calm state of consciousness, and I was not alone. More or less surrounding me, so far as I could see, were several individuals, either fully human in appearance, or nearly so. I do not recall ever seeing a craft or being in any kind of interior, lighted or otherwise. No words were spoken, but there was a powerful sense of being tested, or questioned. Then, again with no transition, I found myself walking back to camp. I looked over my shoulder, but could see only the fence; I seemed to be alone. Making my way back to my tent, I found my path blocked by a patch of burrs, so I threw my bag over them, walked on it, picked it up, put it on my cot, climbed in, and went (incredibly) right to sleep. Next morning, dirt and burrs were adhering to the outside of the bag, proof at least to my satisfaction, that I had physically been out there.

Even so, the experience, albeit with some difficulty, might be explained as a sleep waliking episode and a waking dream superimposed on the real landscape, were it not for what happened later. In the fall of 1963 I returned to New Mexico State University in Las Cruces to begin my junior year as a history major and Air Force ROTC cadet. Our ROTC detachment had a new member, Major Francis Cunnion, wearing an Army paratrooper badge, or jump wings, on his USAF uniform. He explained that, in 1953, he had joined a special operations intelligence unit whose mission, he said, was to parachute onto the site if any Soviet aircraft should happen to crash in North America, to gather intelligence unit. Note that this is the same unit described by Kevin Randle, a UFO crash retrieval team (although I did not even suspect anything then). Randle verified that the unit, which for a long time was referred to as "Project Moondust," never had more than about a hundred and thirty or so members, only about thirty or so being officers. So, to recap, I had an abduction, told no one, and then had one of the first, or founding officers of this tiny UFO unit appointed directly over me. You do the math. And things would get much, much worse.

Various unpleasant things began happening to me, detailed in my book, The Atlantis Conspiracy, but I did not connect them with Major Cunnion. I was sent for a routine pre-commissioning physical to Holloman Air Force Base in the fall of 1964, and today there are rumors of a UFO landing there in the spring of that year, and a story that people were taken aboard. Since I can remember absolutely nothing of my physical, I find this rather disturbing, but it proves nothing. Despite everything I became a USAF officer, and later an Intelligence Officer, and, as an additional duty (since the job was removed from Intelligence by a regulation change) an Air Force UFO investigator. In fact, I was involved in an incident mentioned in Richard Dolan's book, UFOs and the National Security State. More unpleasant things happened to me, and I resolved, sadly, to leave the USAF. Wanting to make some use of my training and security clearance, I applied for jobs with the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) and the CIA. I was turned down in each case under very odd circumstances. The CIA, in fact, seemed to have some kind of a file on me, which I found to be both disturbing and inexplicable.

I left the military, wasted a few years in graduate school, and then got a job with the Social Security Administration, which is not what it pretends to be. Transferring in to the Sacramento Office in 1975, I worked as a claims representative, taking Social Security applications. Later that year or the next, a man named Roland F. Clements transferred in over me in a management position. Note that I was there before him, just as I was at New Mexico State before Major Cunnion, leaving open the possibility that these people transferred in partly because of me. One day, Clements tried to fire me and possibly railroad me into prison using illegally altered documents. He accused me of having altered Social Security applications after the claimants had signed them, but in every case the handwriting of the alterations was clearly not mine, something Clements had to have known (it was obvious to my union representative). This was shocking enough, but, shortly after this incident, a co- worker told me that Clements (and Clements admitted this to me) had once been in a tiny USAF unit trained to parachute onto the site if any Soviet aircraft should happen to crash in North America.In other words, this rather sinister individual, against all odds, had been in the same unit as Major Cunnion.

I was more or less floored by this. To my horror, I realized that all of this put together could not be coincidental.

I, an unknown and unimportant person, had been, at least twice, targeted by former members of this unit. But why? Looking back in my life, I could find only one thing that might make me stand out: the abduction. For the first time, I realized that my experience, in many ways, resembled accounts of UFO abductions. And I realized that a unit trained and equipped to parachute onto crashed aircraft would be ideally suited to parachuting onto crashed UFOs, and the aircraft mission would be a perfect cover story. Former members of this unit, already in on the big secret, could be used to spy on abductees and exclude or remove them from certain government jobs. But how could they have known of my experience? I had, after all, told no one. It was several frustrating years before I realized that they didn't have to know. If abductions run in families, in certain targeted bloodlines, all they had to do was to track those families. But the implications of all of this are horrific.

Realizing that, through sheer bad luck, I had stumbled upon an important piece of the UFO puzzle, I began trying to get someone to listen. Local MUFON members were not convinced that my story had any value. Investigator Richard Boylan was unable to hypnotize me, but did interview me twice in 1992. But he never understood what I was driving at. I couldn't even get a letter to the editor published in a UFO magazine.Then Melinda Leslie spoke at a Sacramento MUFON meeting.So, I asked people, if I am lying or hallucinating, how did I tell a story so similar to hers,before she went public with her account? And, since I got no publicity and she had never heard of me, how did she tell a story so similar to mine?

Like I said earlier, the implications of all of this are horrific. It seems to indicate that our government, while denying the existence of UFOs, was prepared to retrieve them as far back as 1953 or earlier. Even more unsettling, it implies that our government, at least as far back as 1963 (when Cunnion was appointed over me) was able to track the bloodlines of abductees, and was obsessed with doing so. Things are not what they seem.

William B Stoecker

The Atlantis Conspiracy

www.hiddenmysteries.com

Yes perhaps there is an unknown reason, but look at it, the government has mostly people who have some type of power and say what will be release and what will be secret. Than you have all these people who will do their deeds to make the person(s) feel so depress or tell their friends, co-workers, and others that nothing happen it's all in their mind and put out such disinformation. We hear about all the time, the government feels we as the general public will not understand or we will create such a panic. It all goes back to Roswell and even before that. Just like the X-Files, my favorite saying is "The Truth is Out There"! Everyone has their opinions I don't believe in everything but I have a mind and can make up my mind.

I am personally of the opinion that Alien abduction is just OBE's caused by sleep paralysis. Or in this case some form of sleepwalking.

Of course the possiblity exists that either the government or real aliens are experimenting with their citizens.