Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need Help

welshice

Hello there,

i have recently been trying to astro project, i've been reading techniques on these forums, and through google and they all mention vibrations, however, i never get them, i've been trying for about a week now. so any help would be appreciated

p.s i've looked throught the forums already for help topics but can't find them.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• welshice

• darkbreed

• eight bits

Top Posters In This Topic

"Vibrations" are immediately recognizable as a type of proprioceptive hallucination. While people differ in hallucinatory style, "tingly" sensations are easy to induce. They are not quite as "contagious" as yawning, itchiness, or nausea, but they are reasonably simple all the same.

The association of these sensations with "astral projection" seems to be one of the many contributions of Robert Monroe to OBE lore. He suggests consciously courting these sensations as a step towards achievement of a convincing different sense of location.

You seem to be expecting these things to arise on their own, which they might, but if vibration sensations are what you want, then Monroe's direct approach has much to recommend it.

One obvious role for this activity in Monroe's overall method is that it provides a focus for the attention, which, when combined with physical inactivity (also recommended), will induce within a few minutes the physiological condition usually labeled the "relaxation response."

This is an involuntary and reliable physical reaction, part of the wiring, so to speak. Focus may also help you to linger in the "relaxed alertness" state once you get there, rather than "falling through" to light sleep.

Whether that goes on to induce a sense of bilocation seems to be a roll of the dice. It would be a good guess, though, that if the focus is on non-existent vibrations, then the mismatch between the vestibular system's signalling that there are no vibrations contrasted with the proprioceptive system's insistence that there are, might lead to a resolution in which the vestibular system is discounted.

The vestibular system is what tells you that you are not floating in space when you are in fact lying down with your eyes closed. Discount that, and you just might feel as if you are floating.

I have no idea whether consciousness can be detached from the body or not, and have nothing to sell you one way or the other about that. What I can report is that most of what is on the web on that subject, as with so many other subjects, is crap. In this case, it is naive crap.

The technology of having hallucinations is well developed. Control of the form and content of hallucinations is more difficult. Web crap has it just the other way around, and is often written as if hallucinations were hard to come by, but choosing the content of "anomalous experience" was as simple as choosing which television program to watch.

If your goal is to have anomalous experiences, then you might wish to consider being unpicky about which experience to have. There is a certain wisdom to "sitting with what comes," a phrase I borrow from Jason Siff, who teaches meditation (not my teacher, but an interesting guy to read all the same).

In any case, happy hunting.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your input eight, i shall look into Monroes technique again!!

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated

While on the Monroe topic I highly recommend The Gateway Experience audio course in astral projection and altered states by the Monroe Institute, it's very effective in my experience. Also, check out the thread I have called "Increase your astral abilities" at http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=118375 where you might find something useful. I'm just about to add a bunch of new information and it's continuously updated.

Shortly about the vibrations, some feel them, some don't, some feel a numbing sensation through their body, like when your arm or leg is asleep. Personally I feel the "numbing" sensation more frequently than vibrations, and this is something I usually feel doing various meditations as well, or when I'm just very deeply relaxed.

Best luck to ya!

-EA

Thanks for the quick reply!

I shall indeed read that thread, and look for the audio course

Thanks