Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Gazz

Dark energy confirmed as constant presence

7 posts in this topic

Check this out!

Full STory

Any Thoughts? whistling2.gif

Gazz grin2.gif

"The universe is presently 13.7 billion years old."

rolleyes.gif

So they say...

I'm sure somebody will correct me here, but didn't Einstein refer to his 'cosmological constant' as the worst error of judgement that he ever made?

If he did, it's intriguing that this 'error' now appears to hold water.

I'm sure somebody will correct me here, but didn't Einstein refer to his 'cosmological constant' as the worst error of judgement that he ever made?

If he did, it's intriguing that this 'error' now appears to hold water.

Yeah, he did. laugh.gif

It didnt take a genius to figure that one out.

whistling2.gif

I was just reading an article in Scientific American dealing with Dark Matter and Dark Energy. The "Fudge Factor" calculations that have been causing everyone to come up with Dark Matter and dark Energy to explain anomalies could actually be because gravity doesn't work the same everywhere...

Talk about a fundamental ooopsie. The Voyager craft that we launched in the 70's to go out and take pictures of the outermost planets are now past the outer boundaries of Pluto and heading out into space. They are losing communication with the craft as they are too far away to be able to transmit back with the limited power of the craft, but they found something interesting.

It seems that the craft are not where they should be in space. Gravity dissipates at an inverse square of the distance of the gravitational center. In this case the gravitational center is the Sun(with variations for the mass of the planets). The gravity of the sun should be lessening the further away the craft is, but that isn't the case.

Several teams have been trying to figure out why the craft isn't where it is supposed to be, and right now they are considering maybe gravity isn't as constant as we once thought. We've never really been outside of our own little solar system to be able to directly observe gravity elsewhere and we had always assumed it to be the same everywhere...

The article goes on the explain that the "fudge factor" that scientists explain with Dark Matter and Dark Energy could actually be gravitational changes that we just don't understand quite yet.

Scientifically we have a long way to go. I look forward to seeing what changes occur over time. My money says that we are missing major fundamental chunks of knowledge about the universe around us...

i'm gonna look for some links regarding this... i believe it was tied to the string theory, but from what i remember they said that the gavity "constant" was not a constant when dealing in either extremely large objects (suns/planets/galaxies) or when dealing in very small oblects (molecules/atoms)

lemme look for some links...