Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World within worlds within worlds

UM-Bot

ouija1.jpg
Ken Korczak: This is Part 2 of my Ouija board, lucid dream adventure. Readers are encouraged to read Part 1 in you have not already done so. It can be found here. After my cat Trantor attacked the Ouija planchette and sent it careening under the sofa, I got down on my knees to look for it. I got up, pushed the sofa away from the wall, bent down and retrieved the planchette -- and then a series of extremely bizarre events began to unfold. When I stood up and looked around, I witnessed the entire room begin to shrink. Everything receded away from me -- it was as if I was looking through the opposite end of a telescope. Within minutes, I felt like a giant standing inside a tiny dollhouse. Brian and Lyssa-Melissa were still sitting near the table where the Ouija board rested -- to me, they now looked like two tiny toys -- two-inch high little human figures, perfectly placed in their tiny dollhouse world.

Was something paranormal happening? No. Here is the explanation: Since my childhood, I have suffered from a medical condition called dysmetropsia micropsia -- this is the occasional illusion in which everything in your field of vision shrinks down to a tiny size. The effect is caused by the trauma of a pending migraine headache. Most likely, it is the swelling and/or contraction of veins in the brain creating problems within the visual cortex.

Thus, when I saw everything shrink, I knew exactly what was happening. I would soon be suffering from a blasting migraine headache. The problem was, I would not be able to do anything about it, such as give myself a pre-prepared injection -- and that’s because even stranger events were about to unfold.

I said to Brian and Lyssa-Melissa: “I’m having the shrinkage illusion again. I’m about to have a severe migraine, so I guess we have to wrap up the Ouija session for now.”

And then Lyssa-Melissa -- a tiny, elf-sized Lyssa-Melissa -- walked up to me and spoke in a voice that seemed gigantic compared to her itsy-bitsy body. She said, “Ken, come outside. Walk outside with me. Please. I have something important to show you.”

Strangely, the miniature version of Brian stood by and stared at both of us with a far away glassy expression. Suddenly, he seemed to be in a trance. I began to feel extremely odd -- something weird was starting to happen -- but, again, I attributed this to the dysmetropsia micropsia, which makes you feel peculiar in other ways in addition to the illusory shrinkage of the world.

Lyssa-Melissa reached out an ant-sized hand and placed it in mine. She led me toward the front door. I said, “Okay, wait, let me put my coat on, it must be 20-below-zero out there.”
Lyssa-Melissa said: “Don’t worry, you won’t need a coat.”

This made scant sense, but I let Lyssa-Melissa lead me toward the door. Trantor the cat was also acting strange. He began to growl at Lyssa-Melissa, which was amusing because with my dysmetropsia micropsia now in full bloom, Trantor looked like a peewee mosquito kitty. But he stayed close to me, and clearly intended to go outside with us.

Lyssa-Melissa stepped out ahead of me as I braced against the blast of winter, but as soon as I stepped outside -- STUNNING! -- For I did not find myself in the bitter Minnesota cold -- I was standing right smack dab in the center of the Restaurant at the Edge of Time!

AAAAH!

I REALIZED IN THAT INSTANT THAT I WAS STILL ASLEEP!

I HAD NEVER AWAKEND FROM MY ORIGINAL TRIP TO THE RET!

THE OUIJA SESSION I HAD JUST CONDUCTED HAD BEEN A DREAM TOO!

I HAD BEEN FOOLED BY A FALSE AWAKENING -- AN AWAKENING WITHIN A LUCID DREAM -- YET STILL A DREAM!

But that was only the first shock. The next mind-ripper was this: Lyssa-Melissa still held my hand -- except that she was no longer Lyssa-Melissa -- she was the beautiful waitress of The RET! Yet, that was not all. At that moment, I had the enormous realization that, in real life, there is no such person as Lyssa-Melissa! If you recall in Part 1 of my story, I identified Lyssa-Melissa as my friend Darcy’s sister. The reality is, however, that Darcy does not have a sister!

Somehow, I had fabricated the entire existence of Lyssa-Melissa within the fabric of my lucid dream, and while submerged within my dream scenario, I did not question the ultimate reality of her existence! This was a heavy blow! Suddenly, a person I thought I had known and loved for many years turns out to never have existed in the first place! My dreaming mind had given her a past, present and future, and a unique personality, including a delightfully musical voice. All artificial. All dream stuff. A wave of emotion flooded over me -- I felt like crying. I already missed Lyssa-Melissa. She had never existed, yet I loved her anyway. Now she was gone. She had never been.

The beautiful waitress -- who had formerly been Lyssa-Melissa -- still held my hand, and seemed to read my thoughts, and feel my sorrow. Her angelic eyes were moist and brimming with compassion. She moved close, embraced me and kissed me softly on the cheek, placed a comforting hand on my face. Her scent was divine, a subtle mixture of vanilla and lilac. She said, “Oh, such a boy. Don’t worry. But please -- you still have a little more to do.”

With that, she pointed over at the table where the Triad of the Nine still sat, now with their heads attached to their bodies -- but they looked a 1,000 miles away -- that was because the dysmetropsia micropsia had followed me into my lucid dream, or I should say, had manifested itself within the dream right from the start. Trantor now directed his anger toward the Triad. He arched his back and mee-owled at them with disapproval. Hearing Trantor’s warning, the ugly heads of the Triad disappeared and, in a flash, were replaced by the second-level set of ordinary looking heads. Trantor relaxed, but remained cautious.

If you, my dear UM readers, think all of this has been strange, so far -- well -- you haven’t read nothing yet. That’s because what was about to happen was even more bizarre, as I’m sure you’ll agree.

Thankfully, the fickle dysmetropsia micropsia effect began to collapse. (Which is also not so good because that meant a miserably bad headache would soon follow, even inside the dream). The dimensions of The RET began to adjust and grow. When normalcy resumed, what I saw next was yet another brain scrambler. The wooden bowls which the Triad had previously been eating from were cleared away. Rather, in the center of the table was an Ouija board! Yes! The Triad of the Nine was conducting an Ouija board session there in the Restaurant at the Edge of Time!

The lovely waitress had her arms wrapped around my waist and her head resting on my chest, but then released me, and told me she would be nearby if I needed her. I approached the Triad of the Nine. Trantor jumped up on the table and began watching the planchette move across the board under the hands of two members of the Triad. The third Triad member was acting as recorder.

For the moment, the Triad was so absorbed in their session, they paid no attention to me or Trantor. So I stepped up and began to listen to their line of questioning. I was intrigued to know who the Triad was channeling via the Ouija. The first thing I saw the Ouija board spell out was:

I FIND YOUR REQUEST FOR ME TO ADD YOUR HEAD TO YOURS BAFFLING. WHY WOULD YOU WANT MY HEAD? PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS, IF YOU WOULD.

The Triad Answer: “We would become a quad. Adding your head to ours means we all gain. You have nothing to lose and everything to avail. Will you proffer your head?

The Ouija board spelled out:

I’M SORRY I MUST DECLINE YOUR OFFER. BUT LET ME ASK YOU THIS: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? DO YOU LIVE IN ANOTHER WORLD, ANOTHER DIMENSION, ANOTHER PLANET?

The Triad replied: We are of the 12th Aeon. Are you familiar with this illustrious epoch, the greatest of all?

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE 12th AEON. I LIVE ON THE PLANET EARTH, IN A PLACE CALLED MINNESOTA. DO YOU KNOW IT?

When I saw the Ouija board spell out this last response, a jittering electrical current ran up and down my spine. Here I was, in the RET, and I was observing The Triad of the Nine communicate with some Ouija entity -- who said it was from Minnesota -- where I live!

Could it be?

I stepped forward and interrupted The Triad. I asked them: “Triad, may I pose a question to the entity to whom you communicate on your Ouija board?”

The Triad spoke in unison: “By all means. Please offer your question.”

I decided to use a fake name in asking my question: “Hello, my name is K’Ching,” I said. “I am not of the Triad, but rather an associate. Please tell me, what is your name?”

The Ouija entity answered:

MY NAME IS KEN, AND I AM HERE WITH MY FRIENDS STU AND RACHEL. IT’S A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, K’CHING. ARE YOU ALSO FROM THE 12th AEON?

I swooned. My head began to vibrate and feel like it was expanding and contracting -- and not just because a migraine headache was kicking in. I was buzz-brained because I realized that The Triad of the Nine was talking to ME on the Ouija board!

But how could that be possible? I was here now -- in a lucid dream, yes, but that meant my physical body was back at home in bed, fast asleep. What in the name of The RET was going on here! I decided to pose another question to the Triad’s board:

“Tell me, Ken, what is your reckoning of time? Can you tell me what year it is where you exist at this moment?”

The Ouija board spelled out:

“YES, THE YEAR IS 1980. WHY DO YOU ASK, K’CHING?

Once again, I felt thunder in my head. Apparently what was happening here was this: From my position in the dream world of The RET, I was actually having an Ouija conversation with myself -- but with the ME that existed some 25 years ago when I was a college student. In other words, “Future Ken” was having a conversation with “Past Ken” .... I mean, “Present-Day Ken” was having a conversation with “Past Ken” ... that is, to “Past Ken” I would have been “Future Ken” but to me, I was “Present Ken” .... and so on.

Get it?

What really baked my noodle is this: For the first time, an Ouija entity whom I was having a conversation with was not only a living human being -- but that human being was none other than myself -- or I should say -- the human being that I was a quarter-century ago!

While all of this was mind boggling, I have to admit, it was also a creepy feeling -- creepy in a way that is hard to explain. I mean, think about it. Would you like to have a conversation with yourself -- but “a self” that is in many ways a different person, “a self” that you once were in distant years past? It may sound like fun just to think about it, but when you are in a position as I was, to actually speak to my Past Self -- well, it was just something I did not want to do before I had more time to contemplate it. So I decided to ask just one more question to my Past Self:

“Ken, this is K’Ching again. Tell me, what month is it where you are now in 1980?”

THE MONTH IS FEBRUARY, THE 17TH OF FEBRUARY. WHY DO YOU ASK?

I told my Past Self: “Listen to me carefully, Ken. In about three months, in May, you will consider buying a used Volkswagen Rabbit. The owner will tell you the car is in perfect mechanical condition. But if you buy this car, one day you will be hundreds of miles from home driving through the small town of McCool Junction, Nebraska, your transmission will lock up. The car will be rendered beyond repair. You will be stranded in McCool Junction, Nebraska, for three days. You will be miserable. Don’t let this happen. Don’t buy the Volkswagen Rabbit. Understood?”

YES, THANK YOU, K’CHING. I WILL CONSIDER YOUR PREDICTION AND HOLD TO YOUR ADVICE.

Good-bye, Ken.

GOOD-BYE, K’CHING.

I thanked The Triad of the Nine for letting me insert my questions into their Ouija session. I also told them that the “entity” they were speaking to was, in fact, me. Interestingly, The Triad of the Nine understood immediately -- they had no problem with the concept that “Present Ken” could be standing in front of them here while “Past Ken” was speaking to them through the Ouija board. Like many Ouija entities and beings of the lucid dream world, The Triad operated under a concept of time that does not make distinctions between past, present and future.

Another concept to consider: Remember, this entire episode was all contained with my lucid dream. Therefore, one might decide that I had not spoken to my Past Self, but rather, only dreamed that I had spoken to my Past Self via the Ouija Board. On the other hand, one must be careful about making mundane assumptions, and forcing old models of reality upon what could be something entirely different.

Is a dream “just a dream” or another legitimate phase of reality, no less real than our waking consciousness? If the latter is the case, it could be theorized that while I was in my lucid dream, I was free from the constraints of my ordinary physical world, and thus had legitimate access to my Past Self who was a real as my Present Self, my Dream Self.

Anyway, it was high time this particular lucid dream to reach a definitive end. I bid the Triad of the Nine farewell, picked up Trantor from the table, and commanded myself to come awake. Together, Trantor and I would travel back from the dream world to our “normal” waking reality.

I awoke in my bed -- my wife was sighing gently in deep sleep next to me. As I sat up, Trantor, who had been sleeping at the foot of the bed, came awake and looked at me. A pale beam of moonlight streamed through the bedroom window and glinted in his cat eyes like a wink between two conspirators, two friends, a kinship formed by our co-travels into the dream world.

This time, I made sure I was “really” awake by going through a 10-point protocol I had long ago developed because of the many times in the past I had been fooled by false awakenings. The protocol involves walking around my house and identifying a series of objects, looking at the calendar to check the correct year and date -- and so on. This was made particularly difficult, however, because my dysmetropsia micropsia had returned full force. As I moved about my home, struggling to identify tiny objects, reading the miniscule numbers on clocks and calendars, I finally satisfied myself that I was truly awake this time.

But I still had work to do. I injected myself with 50 mg of sumatriptan to ward of the impending migraine, and then I sat down at the computer and typed up all the events of the dream, which I had to do before returning to sleep, or lose many of the intricate details of the journey. Let me tell you, writing under the nauseating influence of dysmetropsia micropsia is anything but pleasant. I set the text to enlarge by 200% -- and struggled through 3,000 agonizing words of notes, stopping once to hurl.

I finally finished and went back to bed, exhausted, headachy, but with that thrilling feeling of expansion from yet another lucid dream adventure which pushed out the limit of my reality ever further. In the morning, I would call my friends Brian and Darcy and schedule yet another Ouija session -- again, I wanted to speak more with the Triad of the Nine -- this time, while definitely awake.

But I also had another urgent reason for wanting an Ouija session the next day. I wanted to see if I could contact Lyssa-Mellissa. Oh man -- let me tell you -- I really wanted her to be somewhere. I wanted to talk to her again.

Ken's blog: http://www.ironghost.wordpress.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronGhost

• little_dreamer

• dark-eyed dreamer

• Guyver

all articles by you Mr. Ken is really amazing, never read a boring articles from you

i hope someday i might experience such experience as yours

i've read the part 1 and the RET they are all interesting, hope someday i'll have a lucid dream at RET

been practicing lucid dreams these past years but don't know if im doing things right

im still young and hoping someday i can do such things

been interested in this field since i was just 14 years old

This was a very entertaining article. I'll have to read it again to understand all the points covered.

My question is: Did you buy the Volkswagon? Did this alter prior events?

Prior to this dream, did you remember talking to yourself in a prior Ouija session at a younger age?

I find your story very interesting, i however havnt' had such an occasion as what you have had. This is quiet intersting, also infact i too use the ouija board, mine is an original wooden one. This is quiet the intersting story you got. Have you ever contacted such entities in the "Real" world with the ouija board? I have contacted quiet strange entities myself. Ones i say that when they spoke to us kinda got my interest. I've always been fond of the name Zeke growing up. Not long ago we spoke to a few spirits, and when we finished with another one, we had asked, "Is there anyone else who wants..." and before we finished the (what you call planchett, i call oracle) moved quiet quickly to yes, we asked it what it's Given Name is, and t spelled out the name Zeke, i asked if it was short for Ezekieal, it replied yes, then my friends asked what type of entitie it was and good or bad, it spelled out Good, then Arc Angel, which at the point when i first heard it's name being given i could tell that Zeke was an Arc Angel. His question was "Are you alright?" we asked why, he said "Because He Was Here", we then asked confusingly "He Who?", he then spelled out "Lucifer", i recall when we were speaking with a previous spirit, it at one point while was trying to spell out it's name the three letters came out in the name in a row, "LUC" twice came up, he had tried to make contact with us.

I've had strange dreams in which i've always had someone following me, watching me everytime, it's always been a male.

Now i'm curious have you had other dreams such as whats like this as well?

What it seems in your dream to be what is called "Time Travel", what i believe Time travel is when change of Time, Vertical Position and Horizontal Position. But the concept of Time Travel is still long ways out there, which i believe though the greatest Time Travel is the Soul leaving the Temporary Shell which we call bodies. We can mentally travel but not physically, i believe our Shells are a physicall harbouring Time Machine.

I find your story quiet interesting, i'm interested in keeping in touch, have you phyiscally contacted the Triad of Nine? have you ever contacted anyone in a way like this? I'm interested in keeping in touch and possibly contacting like what you have or make an attempt to.

You should've told yourself to invest in Google. :P

Love reading your adventures. ^_^

This was a very entertaining article. I'll have to read it again to understand all the points covered.

My question is: Did you buy the Volkswagon? Did this alter prior events?

Prior to this dream, did you remember talking to yourself in a prior Ouija session at a younger age?

The question about the Volkswagon has become a very sticky issue. If I think about it too much, I almost began to doubt my sanity.

After the session, I began to think about the VW and, as time goes on, my memories of the piece of junk grow ever more murky-- yet, that's not abnormal for any kind of distant memory. But how murky is "just murky"?

As it happens, back in 1980 when I was marooned in McCool Junction, Nebraska, my girlfriend at the time was traveling with me. I hadn't spoken to her in more than 20 years -- but after the Ouija event, I wanted to talk to her to see what she remembered about our joint adventure of breaking down in the middle of nowhere Nebraska. It took me along time to find her, but, thanks to the Internet, I finally tracked her down.

So I asked her what she remembered about that time we broke down in Nebraska, and what she remembered about the VW.

She said: "We weren't driving a VW Rabbit -- we were in that piece of junk Dodge pick-up you bought for $300! I hated that miserable truck!"

I said: "No, no, no -- we were driving my brown VW Rabbit, and the transmission blew out. That's what happened!"

She said: "I know for a dead solid fact that we driving your Dodge pick-up, and it wasn't the transmission that broke -- the drive shaft fell down and was dragging sparks behind us on the freeway. I remember you said it was a blown U-joint because you had been hearing the "clunking" noise U-joints make before they break, and you were worried about it."

So I said: "Okay, do you remember the name of the little town we got stranded in?"

She said: "That's easy -- I'll never forget that little hell hole. It was Homer, Homer, Nebraska."

I said: "You've got to be kidding me. It's true, I once owned a Dodge pick-up truck, but I know for a fact that was long after you and I broke up."

She said: "There is no way I am wrong about this We were in your crappy Dodge and we broke down in Homer, Nebraska."

I said: "Does the name McCool Junction have any meaning to you?"

She said: "Never heard of it."

I said: "Okay, do you remember that we had no radio, and a crappy cassette tape player and we had only one tape to play mile after mile. What was the name of the tape?"

She said: "I don't remember the name of the album, but I know it was Neil Young. I hate Neil Young and you played it over and over again!"

I said: "You are absolutely crazy!! I have never ownded a Neal Young tape in my entire life. The tape we were listening to was Iggy Pop -- Iggy Pop and the Stooges! I'll never forget that!"

She said: "Well, just because you will never forget it doesn't mean that you are not nursing a totally false memory. What's wrong with you? Are you on drugs now? Anyway, why the sudden need to hash out all this stuff now, after all these years?"

I said: "Because I know that we broke down in McCool Junction, Nebraska, and that we were listening to Iggy Pop and we were driving my crappy VW Rabbit."

She said: "No we weren't.

I said: "Yes we were."

She said: "You must have gone crazy."

I said: "maybe you are the one who is crazy."

She said: "I know I am not crazy -- you're the one calling me after 20 years and raving like a lunatic."

....... and so on. No matter how hard I tried, I could not convince my ex-girlfriend that we had broken down in McCool Junction, Nebraska with a VW.

Discussion:

Did I alter my own past by giving my Past Self a warning from the future? There are many strange things to consider, and I won't get into them all here. But notice that I still did break down in a small Nebraska town -- what seems to have changed (if anything) are the details. Different vehicle, different music, different town. Yet, the general event is the same.

How could I have gotten a false memory of being in a VW Rabbit and remember the name of the town as McCool Junction? I just don't see how that is possible. Maybe my ex was having the false memories -- yet, she also seemed to know that I once ownded a Dodge pick-up -- but I'm telling you, my friends, that was years after this girl and I parted ways. How could she have known about my pick-up?

Memories are funny things: They shift, they change - -they are what we make them from our position in the present. Since I have no pictures of the whole event, nothing tangible to look at, I have no corroborating evidence to point to.

I still think I broke down in McCool Junction -- but as every day goes by, I become less certain.

Ken,

This was a most interesting article! Thank you for sharing it with us! I was particularly interested in reading your post about your girlfriend's recollection of the event. Yes, minds are very strange things indeed and I often wonder if reality really exists.

Well, this wouldn't be the first time that a man and a woman disagreed about how events took place!

Sometimes people get memories of old boyfriends/girlfriends mixed up with another.

Maybe you could find information on the cars by going to your state's Department of Motor Vehicles

website. It's a long shot but they might have some information about the dates of ownership.

The police don't seem to have difficulty getting old information like this for cold case files.

1980 was almost 30 years ago. I was just a kid back then and can barely remember anything.

Just general stuff about the presidential election (a rare Independent candidate - John Anderson),

Iran hostage crisis, popular TV shows at the time. My memories are so fuzzy that it seems like another lifetime ago.

I have a hard enough time remembering what I did last week!

Ken,

This was a most interesting article! Thank you for sharing it with us! I was particularly interested in reading your post about your girlfriend's recollection of the event. Yes, minds are very strange things indeed and I often wonder if reality really exists.

Thank you very much, PlumJam, and I, and an entire pantheon of Ouija entities hereby welcome you to Unexplained Mysteries!

P.S. I have argued in other columns that reality does not necessarily "exist." At the very least, "reality" is not generally what people "think" it is.

As the great phycisist Arthur Eddington said: "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, but it is stranger than we CAN imagine."

Edited by IronGhost

Well, this wouldn't be the first time that a man and a woman disagreed about how events took place!

Sometimes people get memories of old boyfriends/girlfriends mixed up with another.

Maybe you could find information on the cars by going to your state's Department of Motor Vehicles

website. It's a long shot but they might have some information about the dates of ownership.

The police don't seem to have difficulty getting old information like this for cold case files.

1980 was almost 30 years ago. I was just a kid back then and can barely remember anything.

Just general stuff about the presidential election (a rare Independent candidate - John Anderson),

Iran hostage crisis, popular TV shows at the time. My memories are so fuzzy that it seems like another lifetime ago.

I have a hard enough time remembering what I did last week!

Yes, nice, snackfood, I like the way you think. I tried look up the VW with the DMV -- no dice there. There's no record of it.

Your points on memory are well taken -- I won't even get into parallel universe scenarios which could be a factor in this case.

Here's a weird sideline: If I have any vivid memory of the VW, it's of the guy I bought it from. I remember I was taking it for a test drive, and he was riding with me. While we were driving he asked me something very strange. He said: "Do you ever have a problem with your knees?"

I said, "No, why do you ask?"

He said: "Because I can heal any knee problem instantly."

I said, "How can you do that?"

He said, "With spiritual power. I can heal anyone's knees instantly with spiritual power."

I said, "Can you heal anything else?"

He said, "No just knees. That's all I heal is knees -- with spiritual power."

I said, "Okay."

This seems weird doesn't it -- almost dreamlike -- right?

Wow! After reading Part II and the comments, not only have I suffered cranial whiplash, but I'm sitting in a corner rocking back and forth, mumbling and shaking my head! The weird part is....I think I like it! Nice job Ironghost.

PS. Do you have any recollection of what you did with the VW? Was it left in the town where it broke down or did you sell it to someone else?

Try looking at old photographs from the general time period. Even if they don't the have car or truck in question, it may put things in context and refresh your memory.

Wow. Your columns get curiouser and curiouser... I was just reading about the nature of time in Jane Roberts' "The Seth Material". It stated that the past is as malleable as the future-that it can go through an actual recreation, not just a symbolic one. I had trouble enough believing that was possible. Now, World within Worlds appears to give me more pause. Thanks for the wonderful writing. Your work on OBEs has inspired me to try them again-this time without the fear factors.

Wow. Your columns get curiouser and curiouser... I was just reading about the nature of time in Jane Roberts' "The Seth Material". It stated that the past is as malleable as the future-that it can go through an actual recreation, not just a symbolic one. I had trouble enough believing that was possible. Now, World within Worlds appears to give me more pause. Thanks for the wonderful writing. Your work on OBEs has inspired me to try them again-this time without the fear factors.

Ah, you first post at UM -- a very warm welcome to you. Thank you so much for your comments.

I think Jane Roberts wrote about 30 or 40 books, and I am sure I have read every one of them. She spoke of something called "simultaneous time" which is similar or the same of my own experience with the way time works. Of course, Roberts did not invent this concept -- it has been known for thousands of years -- Zen monks having been talking about the illusion of time and the "eternal moment" of "Now" for a very long time.

But Roberts articulated it in a new way -- interestingly, Roberts was a critic of Zen concepts, although I must say she was badly misinterpreting what Zen was all about. Roberts thought Zen was nihilism, but she was very wrong about that.

Still -- Jane Roberts and Seth are a marvel. She had a particular genius. She wrote thousands of pages, millions of words and never contradicted herself, as far as I can see. Also -- it's interesting to note that Roberts began her channleing of the Seth entity by using an Ouija board.

Your comments about fear are well taken -- this is perhaps the No. 1 aspect that people need to conquer if they are going to become proficient at both lucid dreaming and OBEs. The great beenfit of learning lucid dreaming and OBE is that it teaches you to vanquish your deepest inner fears -- you see them for the illusions that they are -- and you are that much more free.

Of course, some fears are desgined to protect us -- but there is nothing in the dream or astral worlds which can hard us, so it makes no sense to harbor fears of these esoteric practices.

Cheers, dark-eyed ....

As this is the first forum I've ever participated in, I truly appreciate the warm welcome. I've only read a small amount of Jane Roberts. What I love about her/Seth's writing is that it is so... scientific. The information is basically laid out pretty clearly, albeit very intense, mind-bending, somewhat unbelievable information. If I adjust my brain a little, I can just understand the "simultaneous time".

Have you ever read or heard of Joan Grant. She wrote the Far Memory books. In one experience she had while astral travelling, she found herself timeless, looking at her "selves" outside of herself. She likened it to being at the center of a wheel. At each spoke was a specific incarnation. Where she directed her view (consciousness) was where the incarnation was active (i.e. alive with awareness). But all incarnations existed at all time.

Now. Zen. Is the Zen that can be named not the true Zen? Admittedly, I've no experience with the practice of Zen, but I've always had the impression that it would lead one into a state of apathy or indifference. And not being one whose thoughts are easily quieted, I haven't had any success with meditation, either. However, I have experienced a profound "silence of self" while immersed in a painting. It is a feeling of emptiness that eventually leads to a feeling of fulfillment when I "come back in" to myself. On a few rare occasions, there is barely a memory of having sat there working at all... I like those occasions the best. I think that my grandmother also has this experience without actually analyzing it or naming it. What else would summon an 87 yr old, rheumatoid arthritis-stricken body into the garden to work for hours no matter how stiff she feels afterward? She emerges from the flowers beautiful and aglow. Something indescribable is at work there. Could you call that Zen? Could you call it No-time? No-thing? I'm not being cheeky-I just have very little understanding of Zen. Perhaps I will sidle over to "27 Years of Zen" and reread it.

Incidentally, my grandmother loved "The Fairy Redemption of Jubal Cranch". And I did as well.

As this is the first forum I've ever participated in, I truly appreciate the warm welcome. I've only read a small amount of Jane Roberts. What I love about her/Seth's writing is that it is so... scientific. The information is basically laid out pretty clearly, albeit very intense, mind-bending, somewhat unbelievable information. If I adjust my brain a little, I can just understand the "simultaneous time".

Have you ever read or heard of Joan Grant. She wrote the Far Memory books. In one experience she had while astral travelling, she found herself timeless, looking at her "selves" outside of herself. She likened it to being at the center of a wheel. At each spoke was a specific incarnation. Where she directed her view (consciousness) was where the incarnation was active (i.e. alive with awareness). But all incarnations existed at all time.

Now. Zen. Is the Zen that can be named not the true Zen? Admittedly, I've no experience with the practice of Zen, but I've always had the impression that it would lead one into a state of apathy or indifference. And not being one whose thoughts are easily quieted, I haven't had any success with meditation, either. However, I have experienced a profound "silence of self" while immersed in a painting. It is a feeling of emptiness that eventually leads to a feeling of fulfillment when I "come back in" to myself. On a few rare occasions, there is barely a memory of having sat there working at all... I like those occasions the best. I think that my grandmother also has this experience without actually analyzing it or naming it. What else would summon an 87 yr old, rheumatoid arthritis-stricken body into the garden to work for hours no matter how stiff she feels afterward? She emerges from the flowers beautiful and aglow. Something indescribable is at work there. Could you call that Zen? Could you call it No-time? No-thing? I'm not being cheeky-I just have very little understanding of Zen. Perhaps I will sidle over to "27 Years of Zen" and reread it.

Incidentally, my grandmother loved "The Fairy Redemption of Jubal Cranch". And I did as well.

Please tell your sweet 87-year-old grandmother thanks very much for reading "The Fairy Redemption of Jubal Cranch", and also tell her that I suffer from the very same disease, rheumatoid arthritis, which I contracted at the age of 26, and which I spend $50,000 a year to control (well my insurance company does, anyway, and I "only" 20%) , and also please tell her that, like her, I spend several hours working in my garden every day, at least in the three short months of summer we have here, and that I very much agree that there is nothing like working in a garden to banish this grinding disease from the mind for a few hours.

As for your comments on Zen, you are very much on the right track. There is a saying, "To talk about Zen is to not know Zen."

If you have "very little understanding of Zen" then you are better off than most, because there is nothing in Zen to understand. It's not about understanding. Your painting is not Zen, but then again, nothing is Zen. Even Zen is not Zen -- that's a fact.

But I'll leave it right there for now because I have to be off to other tasks, but maybe I'll comment more later.

Please give my very best regards to your grandmother.

Edited by IronGhost

ok, a few questions IronGhost;

first of all, like always i enjoyed reading both part 1 and 2, i was reading like at 4am last night but a few queries about the time travel bit.

your time travel experience completely contradicts albert einstein's theory of time travel of where he believes that even if you did meet yourself in another time zone and attempted to alter their future you won't affect your own future, you would effect another you in another time continuum, ie anything you said in that ouija board will have no effect on you in the present.

also you did say in both articles that you were aware you were dreaming and that some things you were experiencing could be related to the subconscious? the part where you asked the woman in the cafe who the men in hoods were, thats the part i'm talking about.

i think to really prove that your current time had been altered in the past you will need to find the mot or some kind of documents that both cars existed, i'm not saying i don't believe what you are saying, i'm just saying i'm just curious about the time travel bits? based on what i already said lol

i just had a good think actually, you say that you record and document every ouja board experience that you have had, well maybe if you look back at the document of that ouja board experience (when you was at college) and see if anything has changed there? i'm sure if you contacted yourself by the name you had said to call yourself would turn up somewhere?

also i think you are here for a most important purpose in my opinion (very gifted), have you ever asked the spirit entities why you are here? i think you are here to educate others about the afterlife, of be aware of it anyway, everyone has a purpose (life goal) on earth in one way or another.

oh and about your cat, do you think all pets are some higher beings, maybe that's the reason why they love to bond with humans so much? also my cat has appeared in a dream with me too on a few occasions.

i think that's everything that i want to ask you. ^_^

Edited by HUYI

Thank you, Ironghost. You are very kind and sincere and I hope it is returned a hundred-fold to you.

In your column on multiple universes, you wrote of the possibilty that millions of universes may exist with infinite versions of ourselves occuring at once. The article also stated that no communication was possible between these selves. Isn't it possible that you somehow synchronized or overlapped with another version of yourself in a world where your friend Darcy had a sister? Maybe it's impossible to communicate face to face with yourself in that state, but what of the phenomenon of seeing through that version's eyes and somehow manipulating events? (It's not as fictional as the movie "Being John Malkovich." I know two people who experienced this. Not in any other dimensions-just this one). I think dreams have a reality, our thoughts as well. But this reality is unfortunately minimized in our culture. It is no stretch of my imagination to see Lysse-Melissa as totally real. Or any of the other beings you've encountered.

You know, the day you posted World within worlds, my brother told me he was mailing me a book about a boy who slips into other dimensions and eventually finds himself among his many other selves... Interworld by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves. Funny. Whatever dimensional exploring you do, don't change anything in your past that would stop you from writing!

You've probably explored many options for controlling your rheumatoid arthritis and gotten many suggestions, but please be patient with mine. I read of a study done where 60% of the r.a. patients improved by taking evening primrose oil. They fared even better when taking it with fish oil. You can get it at any health food store in capsule form. It's worth a try. You never know...

• 1 year later...

Ken, I'm not sure how many people are fooled by your basically stupid B.S.

Somehow you like it, which really makes me wonder about your sanity and intent.

Later...

Ken, I'm not sure how many people are fooled by your basically stupid B.S.

Somehow you like it, which really makes me wonder about your sanity and intent.

Later...

Gee, thanks.

I wonder about my own sanity, too. In fact, I don't trust anyone who doesn't question their own sanity on a regular basis.